yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Unfortunately, I have encountered very disrespectful players, especially when they lose a good hand.
Interesting and pleasant dialogues are rare.
I prefer to avoid contact.

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Best thing I ever did was switching off the chat.

If anyone wants to say something to me they can contact me here.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't use it online while I play , I try to deactivate it wherever possible . It distracts me . As if losses and bad beats and frustration because of them was not enough , you have to deal with stupid comments by others as well . That's too far , too much . And this spam of emotes and throwing objects , very frustrating indeed . Sometimes poker room bots also chat , ridiculous moments .

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i do, i love to see what people are thinking.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont engage in long conversations, but I never have the chat turned off. I actually consider that impolite and bad for the game. Sometimes a new player sit down at the table and say "hi everyone", and just think, what it looks like to them, if nobody answer? So I always type "hi" in return. Or if someone congratulate me for a won pot with "nh" (nice hand), then of course I reply "ty" (thank you). Or when my opponent just knocked out the third player in an MTT bringing us to heads-up, I might type "gg" (good game). I think, online poker gets to sterile with no chat at all.

Then of course there are people, who berate others in the chat, when they lose. This is not pleasant, but I want to know, when its going on, because it inform me, that this player is on tilt. On pokerstars I will also usually send them a pack of tissues, which is kind of the same as saying "hey cool down mate, we all lose pots, and its just a game". This is also a way of standing up for the player, who gets berated, so that they know, not everyone agree with that kind of behaviour :)

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really like interacting with other players. and sometimes it makes some annoying people angry.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don't use chat and I don't even watch who writes what in it in poker because it will just distract you from the game and you won't be able to concentrate on the game properly, especially if they start proving to you what a bad player you are and then argue instead of playing poker
Thats kind of sad. Im sure people would get in line to chat to a handsome man like u. Im honestly surprised since that profile basically screams chat 😅

Last edited:
theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No i dont like play poker when chat log are open , so i always close a chat and playing poker . :)

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't pay attention to the chat at all. In some rooms I even have it disabled.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy reading the arguments. It makes the time pass by faster. LOL

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Only if someone asks me.
It used to be very popular because you could get a little information from your fellow players, but nowadays not many people talk while playing anyway.
At most, if I see a very nice party, I will praise the players.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I very rarely chat while playing. I like to play with concentration and not be distracted by conversations. If necessary, I can certainly answer, but usually I like to play silently.

G

Goalie35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I will only use it if I am in a friends game and then only to say good hand and maybe a little trash talk. In a regular online game, it is a distraction.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Very rarely, but it's good to have it open and see who is tilting or revealing their way of thinking.

Occasionally a reg is berating a fish, so it's good to stick up for the fish to make them welcome at the table.

But generally I tend not to chat much as trying to focus on multiple tables

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To say I don't chat would not be an accurate thing. I will use the chat in a CC free role as we are all friends there and sometimes it's fun to just talk to somebody you know. When I'm playing in a real game I almost never chat. I will say thank you to somebody who says I have a nice hand or if they tell me good luck I'll wish them best of luck too but other than that I really don't use the chat at all. Oddly when I get heads up of a player I wish them good luck I don't know why I started that but I do that no matter where I'm playing.
Now all this said do I pay attention to the chat? You better believe I do. Well I may not join in the chat I sometimes find that players give away a lot of information when they're using the chat. I have picked up some great information this way over the years.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I do when I'm playing on my pc but I mainly use a tablet not on there,

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i love the banter and trash talk ! some of my snowflake opponents in the cardschat freerolls dont enjoy it much though .

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only use chat when I'm tilted to call out some bad players :LOL:

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Best thing I ever did was switching off the chat.

If anyone wants to say something to me they can contact me here.
At least we have one thing in common.

Chat distracts me and can tilt me.

So if someone writes gg, nh or something similar do not take it personally if I don't respond.

I'm open to longer conversations on the forum so it's not that I'm antisocial.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't usually use it because I don't have time to read the messages since I play on several screens simultaneously

Igor G

Igor G

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, I don't use the chat, I don't like conversations during the game, and I even think that the chat is simply unnecessary. For example, the 888 chat was removed, and in my opinion, this is the right decision.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'll leave chat on in CardsChat games but for public games I'd just as soon have it off. Poker players have to be good at lying, so what's to say that somebody is pretending to be tilted but actually isn't?

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I don't use chat while playing, it distracts me.