Do you think online poker can be trusted?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, I still trust online sites from cardschat
Not only is online poker not trustworthy, but live poker is also not trustworthy.:ROFLMAO:
It's a game of chance, right man?
Sometimes we can hardly trust ourselves, what do you expect?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's like religion.
Do you believe in god? What can you prove? You can only have faith.
In a little while I'm going to use my faith to end this shit, let's see if it works...:ROFLMAO:
God never disappoints.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your gambling money isn't the rent or car payment, online poker isthe same odds of getting random luck, or bad bearts as any other form of gambling. "Rigging" can be proved/disproved, using outlier examples, in any direction; where you got good luck or a bad beat. Good luck going forward, don't be afraid to take the gain and cash in on the days you get lucky.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I also believe that those poker sites that cooperate with our community are quite reliable and safe. Nevertheless, I do not recommend you to keep large amounts of money on your poker accounts, because despite the reliability, positive experience and reputation, there is always a risk.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Large amounts of money and corruption go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Hands aren't rigged per say, as that would be ousted by now, but there is definitely massive collusion occurring in the poker world
I agree big money draws corruption like flies. You could probably prove collusion if you looked hard.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think well-known poker rooms can be trusted.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, in general I believe that online poker is reliable, but poker sites cannot keep the system 100% secure. Of course, there are players who are currently committing some type of cheating and who have not yet been discovered, but there are a very small number of players who do this, with very specific technical knowledge.

Any online system that involves money will not be 100% secure. Just look at the online banks that invest billions in security every year and even so, some people with above-average knowledge manage to circumvent these measures and steal money online.

In 2023, a player managed to find a flaw in the GG Poker software and had an advantage over other players.

On Friday (29), GGPoker released a statement clarifying the case of the player “MoneyTaker69”, who managed to obtain an illegal advantage by exploiting the room's software. The player was banned from the site's tables and had his winnings confiscated for reimbursement to those affected. Furthermore, GGPoker stated that the vulnerability that allowed the cheating has already been fixed.
But the chance of you playing against a player who is cheating is very small, on the most famous sites, sites that are not well-known the probability may be higher.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker for fun. For me, poker is not an investment project. I don't invest my own money to play. I play only for the money I manage to win in freerolls. In fact, I don't risk anything, all I need to play is time. Nevertheless, I play only on a few reliable and time-tested sites. I play at 888, pokerstars, and Replay. That's more than enough for me.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I trust poker rooms, but I rarely invest my money. I don't think that well-known poker rooms will risk their reputation. But I trust offline poker more. :unsure:

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Online poker is a big enough business that even if they are rigged, the truth will come out.
Whether you trust them or not, if you want to play, you sit in anyway.
So you have to try a lot of poker sites and choose the favorable for you.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Do we really know how big the share of good traffic is at the biggest online poker rooms?The most disturbing thought about housebots is that if they are run by the room itself, they will not be banned. This also means that, theoretically, they could have access to the hole cards of their opponents. I have no indication that these groups of players know each other's cards, so I do not believe this is the case.Another way to prevent a bot from losing too much money against the player pool is to raise the rake prohibitively. If this were true, you could even run bots at high limits. As long as the rake is high enough, an individual player's advantage over one of your housebots won't matter much, because the high rake will ultimately outweigh the housebot's loss. I'm not implying anything, it's just food for thought about how easy it would be, in theory, to cheat this way if the poker room itself, rather than an individual player, had the desire to do so.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If I didn't believe in online poker, I wouldn't play it. I will believe until they prove me otherwise

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
20+ years playing from 2nl-50nl cash and every stake MTT up to the Sunday Million. Pokerstars has never given me a reason not to trust them. 20+ years never a hassle with the few deposits and never an issue with withdraws. Always fairly quick and easy. 20+ years never had to use support. 20+ years of reading poker forums and never seen any real proof of cheating on Pokerstars posted. I sure I haven't ready everything of course.

Can't say the same for a number of other sites I've tried and left never to return.

Also if your avg dummy who hasn't study anything but his hand histories in 15+ years can still be a winning player in 2024....if they're cheating and it's rigged all I have to say is :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .

Cheers!!!

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Me too, endorsed by cardschat means a lot to me, I trust online the same way I trust in person, the difference is far more difficult to read the opponent remotely, lol:p:ROFLMAO::cool:

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Online poker is based on algorithms, the problem is that some algorithms don't understand the position and others change depending on the deposits, but at the end of the day it's an algorithm that controls, I don't think it's trying to fool you.