Did you fold KK, QQ or JJ before the flop?

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
who can win the game if almost the entire fold is needed etc

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In most situations I want to see the flop with any of those pairs. Theres only a few situations I might not and would instead fold the hand. This is mostly to do with stack size and how the other players are betting. If someone else is making a large raise pre-flop then theres a chance they might have pocket aces or an AK.

If I’m in a comfortable position and have a good stack etc, then I might fold them. If I’m sitting with an average stack and the raise isn’t going to strain me, or if everyone is calling pre-flop, then I’m playing to see the flop.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think that even AA is a good fold on the bubble
but what to do other situations?
I have been in some situations where I have folded any hand I have been dealt, especially close to the money bubble, What's the point of calling on a coin flip when you can fold and guarantee a cash place, Also stack sizes govern my actions, I am not calling an All-in from the Chip leader if I am sat in second place, because if he should lose the flip, I could become Chip Leader by sitting out and doing nothing.
You need to assess every situation that arises and make your decisions on what the possible outcomes could be, Calling a bet that could lead to you being out of the game, is really stupid if you are so close to the bubble, but there are times when I would call any All-in bet with any two cards if I had a massive lead over that player. It's not Poker, but it is playing tactically.
I always remember that in Poker any two cards can win, and any two cards can be beaten, I have called all-ins from players knowing they have either a pair or Ace/King, Ace/Queen etc, and won coin flips with some ridiculous hands, my most embarrassing call came in a game where heads up my opponent went all-in with A/K and I snap called holding 6/2 I paired the 2 on the river and it was goodnight from him. :)
He actually accused me of cheating saying I knew what was going to happen, because no one would make such a ridiculous call, He was laughed out of the place and never came back.
I am not a fortune teller that can see into the future, nor do I cheat! But if you mess with the Bull, you get the Horns! :)

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on the stage of the tournament. In the early stages, I would definitely play with such hands. In the later stages, my decision would depend primarily on my position, my observations of my opponents, and probably also on my intuitive feelings.

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In fact, I have already dropped these cards several times on the bubble, on other occasions I always pay

neptunas888

neptunas888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
AA I definitely wouldn’t throw a preflop allin on the bubble against 1 opponent. Other hands are questionable, depending on many factors: which opponent, how often he bluffs, etc.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I already let go of KK, out of mere intuition...

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold those premium hands most of the times in satellites where I'm sure to get the ticket/entry

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I folded queens live once, three handed. One of the other players had kings. I forget what the other guy had but after three rounds of raises, I'd had enough.

At Omaha, aces are not so great in any multi-way pot, and even heads up you are never a massive favourit.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
There have been times when I folded these cards, but it was either in a bubble in a satellite tournament or I had enough information about the player that he only raised with AA-KK cards.

kishamania

kishamania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
This is only possible when you have a pre-bubble and everyone is waiting for money. but in fact, many people score chips on this point

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
On the bubble phase, almost all cards can be thrown, even AA. There are those who do not fold such premium cards on principle, even though every step in the path to success must be considered, even if you have a medium amount of chips. Until someone experiences an AA elimination on the bubble after several hours of play, it's easy to say they're sure not to fold. Unfortunately, I've experienced it several times, it's not a good feeling. I play more carefully from that time.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
KK I never fold before the flop,JJ and QQ I fold against a reraise from a tight player that is three times my bet or raise preflop.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If I remember correctly I was at the stone bubble in a satellite tournament and the prize was a super nice entry to a big MTT way out of my bankroll.
The second bigger stack was open shoving any two and I folded my KK :p At least I took the entry!

I mean those plays are situational!

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
fold every hand so u will never lose
folding AA at the bubble why u even bothering playing poker than.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ and JJ sometimes i fold.....however, KK it´s very difficult to fold...only in a a bubble

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally play those hands pretty strongly, even the 1010, I have had lots of luck :)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Of course, there will be scenarios where our opponent beats us on flops like this, like a set in the first flop example or trips in the second. This will happen to us relatively rarely, and usually our opponents will let us know they are ahead by making a big raise on the turn or river.Always remember that JJ, like QQ/KK, is just one pair and not a license to print money, so be careful not to overplay your hands.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on position, stack, if I'm raising or calling and the stage of the tournament.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
ive folded jj a few times others? never kk but qq maybe twice on a huge bubble win which was nice took 4th bubble was over 800 i think if remember right i played 10 10 right after that got my stack high enough to stay in for i think my biggest win just under 14k ...other time qq wasnt that big of a move and actually it cost me when someone hit q on my aces lol in 2nd one...now? ill never fold either since this is more a pastime over anything else aa kk qq aint folding ever

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would look to fold AA at the bubble only if the minimum cash significantly increases the current bankroll or in Sattie when I have enough to almost secure the ticket. I will apply the same statement as above to KK, except if it is very tight, the player is 4-betting

QQ/JJ can be folded depending on the action and type of players, except for conditions regarding AAs and KKs.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There might be some rare cases when it's the correct play to even fold AA on the bubble:
In a satellite, if a big stack who has you covered jammed preflop and you do not gain anything more with the additional potential chips to be won but loose the payout/ticket in case you loose the hand.
that's actually quite common ...not rare by any means ; doesnt need to be a big stack villain either when your stack size is safe in a satty .

Folding in Poker