Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Building a baby bankroll

I find these Cards Chat freerolls are good for building a bankroll. As I get better and better. I find I will be better at building my bankroll and getting to final tables and possibly winning these freerolls. It wont be easy but gonna work to get there.

Good luck everyone. Feel free to sy hi when I am at the table.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I think the best way to build a bankroll is to buy in and play a big money tourny by spinning to get in like ACR does. this would let you buy-in cheap and win big. The bankroll built. Now just the odds calculator to know when you win again while you are screwing around on small stakes till time for big stakes again.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went back again to a baby bankroll have today 26 US dollars but I will again build a good bankroll learning is part of the controlled anxiety game and focus on improving the games we're doing and then consider increasing the buy ins and terms that change our strategy play

:jd4:mateuspoker

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried with a small bankroll but I like to bet heavier. I wish I could control my urges to bet high

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great post, comprehensive! I can use some stuff from it for sure.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a really good post. Nice instructions.

B

bonanzaJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bankroll building tactics

Hi. My name is Jason o Rourke. I'm Irish. Love the detail to attention you put in your post. I agree with everything you said, but I would like to expand.

I have built a bankroll many times but I would like to expand. Bear in mind that I've built my bankroll from nothing to 1000 euro many times. But I've lost it back in a matter of days on a bad run, frustration, getting emotional, and bad luck. Neway below I'll illustrate my main point

Minimising setbacks while building your bankroll. I've made a bad habit over the years of jumping into bigger games when I've built my bankroll. Bad idea. I mean using 10% of my bankroll for one buy in One rule I always used when building my bankroll is buy into multi table tournaments that cost 5% of my total bankroll. Stick to this principal and you can't to wrong.
When my bankroll balance is 200% of my starting capital, then I am in the privelages position that I can now play with 10% of my total bankroll. I graduated to higher level, from investing 5% of my bankroll entry fees to to being able invest 10% of my total bankroll. I've graduated. Hope the reader found this helpful And do yourselves a favour. Don't play poker if your feeling emotional. Chill out and visualizer and dream of the next tournament. Then buy in. Lol

purecomedian1

purecomedian1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good turns and flops with the river doing awesome could be a great win for who we are

B

banananvitalia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Go get 'em tonight, Laban! Just do it!

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for posting this, it has a lot of useful information. One thing I am wondering about is how we identify our best game when variance seems to be such a crucial element. What things should we look for to differentiate when variance has an effect and when our play has an effect?

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BR management is key. It's what allows you to actually turn a profit. What do you think is a good amount to earn from free rolls before playing cash?

M

Mrface90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF

I tried starting up a group to study with and added some people to my discord, and the first thing I was told was that my bankroll of 50 buy ins was too safe and was a leak in my game......
safe to say I will be studying on my own in future

Djangofreeman

Djangofreeman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you really should play the game that feels more comfortable. But you can not play more than 10% of your bankroll, I mean it's not good to risk other more expensive games and you still do not feel comfortable playing them.

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It might be a good idea to mix whatever cheap freerolls/MTT and Cash games when tables are good (not omaha tho due to variance). The idea is that in your MTTs $/hour is negligible and if you happen to triple up at some soft cash table, it'd be an equivalent of dozens and dozens of hours grinding freerolls.

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried starting up a group to study with and added some people to my discord, and the first thing I was told was that my bankroll of 50 buy ins was too safe and was a leak in my game......
safe to say I will be studying on my own in future

Lol good choice

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you it is helpful a lot, and i found my self in many of your description, i'll be more focused and patient with my 8 dollar bankroll in 888.

Z

zawada956

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do I have to have a bankroll in order to be able to calmly grind in mtt tournaments at rates <10 $ ???

S

smk77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really good post. Definitely agree with basically everything. Wish I would have seen this years ago.

I love to play mtt's but they are definitely not the way to go if you want to grind your way up with a small bankroll. You can definitely do that, but you need to run decent at the start.

A

AllHailTheKing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice post! I like the idea of build a good bankroll only with some few chips.

D

drXalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you man, this helps. Starting from a baby bankroll is what i am trying to do. Obviously it is hard...

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that building a bank roll from NL5 is impossible, I have tried it myself 50 times using all possible strategies .. it has not been possible .. many friends tell me that it is possible but with a previous bankroll ... not from scratch and using the multitables cash method .. so, I can say that I have been able to accumulate some money in tournaments but in cash the badbeats of they have eaten or they have stolen my glory .. it is awesome how a software can look for you to lose .. I would like to be owner of one of those systems lol

mad_bad

mad_bad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mtt rules, just play and watch the miracle, life is better when you have fun with poker, but nl5 is skills, try to play live cahs game than you see the sistem of no rules game, that's a poker.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management