ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I consider it a mental sport because of the skill you must have, mental strength is important

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Undoubtedly!! a true sport of the mind... on the same level as chess and backgammon....

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think poker is a sport. Poker is the same sport as chess, for example. I understand that poker is more of a game of chance than chess, but I think that there are many players in chess who play for big money, it's just that it's not very common to advertise such games.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I'm not sure, because if there weren't money involved, I don't know if it would be as competitive. I think it would need a bit more to be considered a sport, but that's just my personal opinion.
Anyway, since it has its rules and there can be "competition," I imagine it can fit into that definition.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Explain..
I see poker as a game of chance, first and foremost. In my opinion, poker has the characteristic elements that are inherent in a real sport, but in any case, I believe that poker is primarily a game of chance, a game where the amount of money you win determines your position in the ranking in relation to other players.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
The word 'sport' has always brought movement to mind, which is why I don't consider either poker or chess to be sports. But this is frankly my opinion. I think that raising a chip or a chess piece with your hand is no more movement than an office job where you work with a mouse and keyboard.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not class it as a sport which I would as having a physical criteria.

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In pro sport u can not "use" ur luck, just skill. So i think poker it is not sport

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the dictionary, the definition of sport is “each of the physical activities carried out by a person or a group, regularly or not, for the purpose of recreation or competition”. So I consider poker a sport.

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, yes, it is a sport, but a sport that uses the mind. It is a complex sport that requires its players to devise strategies.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no it's not a sport, however i wish they would add it to the olympics lol

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Explain..
def not a sport....chess is not a sport.....poker is more mental then physical but long tournaments or sessions makes playing difficult like a sport but is more about mental fortitude....