Who is the worst or most unlucky poker player?

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here on cardschat, Dj ogma is the most unlucky guy. He (the most unlucky guy) also exists in basically every live-poker room.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
2 weeks of this shit for me, now. Every fkn day ...

1719871551992-png.364276
How did you get 150bb's into the middle in this hand? Care to share?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here on cardschat, Dj ogma is the most unlucky guy. He (the most unlucky guy) also exists in basically every live-poker room.

Well yah no doubt. Did you see that hand where he lost a 300bb pot with a higher overpair preflop? Fk'n incredible man! But as if that's not enough, he has this stuff happening to him EVERY DAY!!! That is just unreal (and of course, EXTREMELY Unlucky... maybe even the 'unluckiest')

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
With 81% equity, yeah I'm gonna go for it in a freeroll. You'd be pretty fkn stupid not to, Mr Orifice.

I'll do the same again every time. You can wait a long time for a pocket pair, especially one of the more premium ones. No mention of the donkey throwing all his chips in with 99? Thought so. You soon shut your orifice regarding him. I wanted him to call pre-flop. Happy he called pre-flop. I hope all you donks out there reading this keep calling me with your <20% equities.

I was out with pocket aces first hand, the day before. Lost to 77 after a 6x BB raise pre-flop. That's why I stuck all the chips in with the best pre-flop cards this time.

Trips out to a runner runner flush, the day before that. That was a fun one. Didn't see that one coming. It's all documented across various threads.

Same again before that, flopped trips, out to a flopped paired 10, runner runner, better full house. First hand.

And that's just the surface of it but I understand it's the nature of the beast. I will prevail again. I was playing poker long before you even joined this forum in 2008.

The bad cards have gone beyond the Cardschat freerolls, sorry, 'bingo nights' I've mentioned here. Yeah, I'll have a bit of a moan from time to time, that's what these threads are for isn't it? Bad beat venting.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And that's just the surface of it but I understand it's the nature of the beast. I will prevail again. I was playing poker long before you even joined this forum in 2008.

The bad cards have gone beyond the Cardschat freerolls, sorry, 'bingo nights' I've mentioned here. Yeah, I'll have a bit of a moan from time to time, that's what these threads are for isn't it? Bad beat venting.
I didn't begin playing NLHE until 2006 but I played other formats prior to that. I thought I was good in 2008 but I wasn't and the more I learned the more I discovered how little I actually knew and how truly bad at the game I was. I'm actually still pretty bad. Not the worst or the unluckiest but definitely have a long ways to go before I'd consider myself good at this game.

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Good poker players combine many different skills and it doesn't matter how good you are or how good you think you are, when the cards are against you, you lose. Even against tremendous odds sometimes. We'll survive to fight another day.

I've won 3 of those Cardchat freerolls since I became a platinum level player and you rarely win one without winning some key pots, often against the odds.

IMO students of poker underestimate luck in poker.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
You can feel like the biggest loser after any bad beat.
Of course, those who keep pouring money into the poker site even after continuous failure and don't realize that it's all pointless (see the players previously sent by Poker Orifice), are really real losers.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Players who do not follow bankroll management lose the most. In general, I believe that players who do not follow bankroll management risk becoming addicted to gambling.

I have to agree with you 100% It is getting harder to build a bankroll from absolutely nothing, with fewer Freerolls on offer, but it is still possible, You need to be patient and build it slowly, but isn't that all part of playing Poker?
There are people who think you cannot be a winner at Poker if you don't get to number 1, but in my opinion any place in the money bubble and you are a winner! Just from a different perspective, You don't have to be number 1 in any game to be a winner, I proved it to myself and Friends who played in a League and I won the League title without winning a single game. on 2 separate occasions, Just by constantly finishing in the Money and in the Points on a weekly basis.
Sure Winning a game is pretty awesome, but I would rather finish second or third in every game I played, than winning 1 game in 20. Consistency is what really matters and if you can finish in the money in every game you play You are still a profitable player, and your Bankroll will grow.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who would you say is the biggest loser?
Well if I can cast a vote I would vote for me!!!! I have had the worst luck with a couple months. It seems no matter what I have I always manage to lose on the river. But oh well that is poker. Good luck to all may you when your flops and not lose on the river.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck doesn't matter.

Which is where we will always disagree.
Luck certainly matters in the short run and with very low volume. And thats exactly the thing here since Ogma seem to play only on replay for "real money" and there is only 1 game/day.

What u see in days/weeks/months on replay ogma, other players who play real volume see in a few minutes/hours.

Getting in 150 BB pre in a freeroll with qq is fine imo.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In the way back olden days there used to be "fish finders" which could search for the worst players. You could search by game, by site, etc.

For a while there was a player who was deemed to be the worst player online. Every game he played or tourney he registered for had a bunch of players that were active looking for him. Every game it seemed like multiple players would say things like "haha you are the worst player online". Pretty sure this is why sites no longer allow fish finders.

Is that true? I heard about it but thought it was a joke.

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Don't forget I only play one table at a time too.

If you think I'm a poor player, playing one table, you should see the disaster playing multiple tables. I always do stupid stuff until I'm back to one table again and my heart and brain can settle and I can play again.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Who would you say is the biggest loser?
There are many of those on our forum. :ROFLMAO: But seriously, everyone can have a bad hand from time to time. A lot depends on situations at the poker table and all of them are individual, so I would call your question "rhetorical". :unsure:

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's difficult to say because the loser player don't get famous like the successful players. But I don't believe in loser player, I believe that are players that don't have a good mentality to play poker and also players that don't study the game. Of course not everyone can beat mid-high stakes, but I do believe that if you have discipline, always follow bankroll management, study the game and most important have good mentality you can beat micro stakes and have a little profit at least.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a shame when there's only one person left before the prize zone and you risk going all-in with KK, running into AA and losing.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not worst but most unlucky, there's a gut who plays at my local pub who always seems to get beat on the river, even if he's bet a huge amount on every street, and also the hands he folds seem to hit something all the time too. He is so unlucky.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today i think it's me. Lost yesterday lot of money playing tables on PS. I wish it was only bad beat or bad day but if i'm looking on my luck lately i'm starting thinking that's not an accident. I just have big bad luck and i'm wondering to finish my playing poker.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Poker is one of life's mysteries
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think that the worst players are those who believe that poker is a game of chance and entertainment, as they do not care, or in other words, do not make any effort to approach or learn about the history of the game, its strategies, and its skills.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If one relies only on luck, he will be the most unlucky cause he will lose on the longrun

E

Ekuul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Nobody likes to lose.For many of us, any loss can have a major impact on our mood and mental state. And for some players, a loss causes an irresistible desire to win back, which ultimately often leads to dire consequences. Unfortunately, no one is immune from bad luck. The best advice for those experiencing a downswing is to be patient and optimistic. Remember that there is light at the end of every tunnel.
Isn't this the whole point of learning to play poker well. When you lose a hand, you have to be able to think that you did everything right. I guess that means psychopaths have an unfair advantage.