Is poker as stressful a game as it seems?

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes it is . you can even get adrenaline rushes while playing (live poker that is)

but i think it is way more stressful if you play with scared money . when you play with money you can afford it is not THAT stressful

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
i think its depend what kind of man you are.

one person is very sensitive, other one is without any emotions ;p unfortunely im very sensitive in normal life, so that game used to be stressful. but im playing more then ten years, and i train to be a lees sensitive so in total poker is changing me to be a better person both in poker and normal live

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It sometimes is. But this something we all know or even like. You can hardly avoid the stress, especially in important situations. But you can learn to deal with it.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
there are several ways and styles of playing poker, I play most of the freerolls I don't know what it's like to lose big sums, I've already won tickets to big tournaments of 1 million, everyone played tense and locked the result was a tragedy, the value of entry and how much you need to earn can cause a lot of stress

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To realize if poker is a stressful game or a relaxing game, the first thing to think about is the way the game is seen, it depends on the money that is at stake and especially on the reasons why you are playing. Do you have to think a little about poker when playing it, if it is a stressful game, or a game to relax? I think it's a mix of both.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't see it as a stressful game, rather I see it as an adrenaline game, especially when you get allin moves.
I like to play it, and it really relaxes me because it's like my day-to-day ground wire.
Cheers;););)(y)(y)(y)

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is stressful especially when we are forced to make many big decisions in a long time.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker itself is the way to make the mind stronger and become calmer during stressful situations. In my opinion.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is a lot of adrenaline in poker, of course, there are some stressful moments, the most important thing is to avoid gambling addiction and then everything will be fine

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker can only be stressful when your super hands move very poorly. The rest of the game is very relaxed.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If it wasn't for stress, it's unlikely that we would have been able to survive, let alone invent poker and learn how to play it. Even though stress is unavoidable, it's in our best interest to control the amount of it in our lives. Stress management is a high-stakes game in which we risk losing more than just our bankroll.First of all, pay special attention to your sleep pattern. Healthy sleep is 50% success.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bluffs and long bets in poker can add stress at a certain point in a game, but the stress shouldn't be too great for a regular poker player.
the game is really stressful, but it's also pure adrenaline, that expectation after an all in to turn all the cards on the table, especially the river, is the most devilish card. the thrill of victory is unimaginable.

L

LemonadeJooe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
SK
Chips
Lower the stakes.
Scared poker is losing poker.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you need to control your stress and not go to it or you'll lose

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you have control of yourself, poker isn't stressful at all

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Just as you win, you also lose, it's a matter of learning to lose, just as you enjoy winning.

Today I was eliminated from two tournaments a few places away from collecting with an AA partner in both tournaments and a clueless person with a lot of chips who pays to pay left me out in both cases but if you win, you lose.

you get angry you laugh you get stressed you relax but after all it's a game:D

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the stakes that you are playing.

Top 10 Games