Can poker be compared to alcohol or drug addiction?

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not just poker, anything you do in excess, without any control, and that mainly affects your health, is a vice. Games, drugs, drinks, everything can be an addiction

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Addicted to poker ?? That's strange to my ears or eyes . I can't imagine it . It has never happened to me . Addiction to poker cannot be compared to other addictions like alcohol or drugs . It's not the same imo .

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It can be compared, of course, since poker players can also be addicted to the game.
Just like drug and alcohol problems, this can also affect financial, mental and physical health.
Perhaps it is that this addiction rarely kills immediately, unlike drugs or alcohol.

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Surely! Poker can be addictive. There is little care in an activity that causes so much pleasure, but also generates great frustration.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You can compare these addictions, of course, but alcohol or drug addiction usually leads to the death of the addict, while a gambling addict has every chance to at least stay alive.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are different addictions from each other and there is no comparison, one is a chemical and alcoholic addiction and the other is a psychological addiction.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker cannot be an addiction if you allow it to be so, to be a competent player you have to have good habits in the game, schedule your playing schedules and time, and always prepare yourself mentally, which is the most essential thing.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Like some people said, for some yes.

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
You can compare these addictions, of course, but alcohol or drug addiction usually leads to the death of the addict, while a gambling addict has every chance to at least stay alive.
Depends how much he/she owes. ;)

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can Poker be compared to alcohol or drug addiction?!. I think, no directly, because on alcohol and drugs Health and Money are only wasting...
But at Poker we can reverse: to earn Money, and to correct with them our Health! But this is only my private opinion!
I think the same way!

juliannorei

juliannorei

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In my opinion, all games, as long as they are not played responsibly, are addictive.