Is poker a game as stressful as it seems?

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I play for fun, and I don’t invest my own money, so I’m stressed out

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
For me personally, the increase in blinds causes a higher concentration and responsibility. The higher the rate, the higher the voltage. It all depends on the current material condition, if there is not enough money in your pocket, then the fear of making mistakes is higher.

J

JohnShulia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Все залежить від розміру ставки. Я не грав великих грошей, але думаю, що це дуже напружена гра.

R

ristoc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly on unibet, there is no chat, but if somebody is sure about his strategy it's easy to play the same after all bad comments. You simply don't care.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker vs stress

Good morning everyone.
Poker is a game that can be stressful, it is very important for a poker player to know how to deal with emotions.
I see very good players playing and it seems that the result of the table does not affect them, as an example the professional player Fedor Holz, is always calm no matter the result.:):):eek::mad:

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no magic, there is a tolerance to understand that some things we cannot control. and who in some situations the best and go to the new tournament

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not really stressed when I am playing. The only time I feel the nerves is when I am all in and it is all out my hands. Then I am totally delivered to the Poker God and yeah that makes me nervous :)

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, playing poker is not always stressful, if only the tournament I play is important to me, then I feel some kind of stress. I don’t care about the comments of other players. Betting in poker doesn’t affect me either. I don’t think that with experience my stress decreased.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you play it for a living it can be really stressful. Especially in "downswing days". Because many players just start to doubt in their strategy. They doubt in their abilities, they start to count how many buy ins they lost, and it's a real test for your mindset. That's why BRM is such a important thing if poker is your full time job. If you just play for fun, you have a job, I don't think you can feel that stress.

JLit

JLit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Money Worries = Stressed Poker

It's only stressful when the money on the table matters too much to you. I've had this problem many times in the past. It would cause me to lose patience in the long-run and make stupid mistakes both on the table and in what I was buying into. Or I would have to withdraw my money after doing well, causing me to get nowhere int he long run because I kept having to start over. :deal:

To avoid this I'm working on creating a bankroll form freerolls & building off of that. It keeps my "real life" and poker separated so hopefully one day poker can contribute to my income without the stress of leaving "real" money on the table. The sky is the limit, just keep playing, grinding, and improving. When the worry of losing the money you put into the game goes away, the stress of the game melts away and it sets you free to make the best poker moves & decisions instead of watching for the bubble just to get you buy-in back.

:jd4:

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
This game is very stressful if you do it for work, if it is for fun you have a quiet time, but there is also a bit of nerves

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you treat poker as a simple hobby, then there are no problems with stress and nerves! Another thing is if poker is your main source of income. In this case, it becomes a very tedious and energy-consuming affair!

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
No. I do not care about chat . If someone says something to me , than it is just his problem. The Poker is no something , that you can learn and win every tournament. Poker is card game, and as we know, you need luck in all card games.

Some times I just get mad about so big unlucky moment, but I am telling to me self, that it is just cards game, and you can not win all the time. :)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a young man’s question. lead all this life, our whole life is a game. and it all depends on your psychology. you just need to work on yourself or to relate to the game-life

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! I have been playing a lot of times lately and I feel that I am changing my behavior and getting a lot more angry

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online is ten times more stressful in my opinion.

D

DAD3x3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
looking for calm

Hello.
Meditation always helps me to refrain from stress. In my opinion, this is the most effective way to get rid of bad emotions. Try to meditate at least once a day, and I am sure you will get a positive effect.
I will do this do this every day. how long do you meditate for?

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think playing poker can be super fun sometimes and really frustrating other times... which is a rare thing imo

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone tries to be offensive, I'll be amused, because that player may be off their game. I only care about game chat in so far as it might offer some insight into the mood of the other players - insult me all you like, I don't care.
As far as stress goes - yes, it's more tense when there's more money on the line. It gets easier with time - and it's much easier when you're not playing scared money (i.e. money you can't afford to lose). However, there's just general life lessons - if you made the right choice and got unlucky, that's life sometimes, just move on. Focus on where you are and where you go from there more than how you got there, because it's the things you can change (i.e. the future) that should be the focus. That focus helps reduce stress because you're not fixating on the past and the mistakes you made or that unlucky hand.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it matters how much money is going on a game. It's not stressful to me but I can be screaming at people thru the screen..lol
:cool:

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does the chat comment affect you?
If the bet is very high, stress increases?

how does stress, some tennica in particular or only with experience decrease?

No chat, don't take it too seriously, can use it to try and tilt your opponents.
If it bothers you just turn it off, easy fix

Yes, when the bets get big stress increases, but if you are playing small enough stakes this shouldn't be the case. It also decreases with experience, comfort and confidence build

Don't play too much tables and don't play when you're tired.
You will feel much less affected by stress this way.

Maybe this video helps you too

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately this poker game with incomplete information (this involves the element of luck). On the one hand, it attracts a lot of recreational players and on the other hand gives you the opportunity to win a bad game! So I think there are inevitable stressful situations!

malitoxdk16

malitoxdk16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not stressful for me. On the contrary, it generates all kinds of emotions for me ... but if it generates stress, I think you should try something better ... or maybe you had high expectations of winning and you are losing, you do not generate profits so that it becomes routine and stressful to try to think of just winning and have no results

Top 10 Games