M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Breaks lets the brain rest and information to sink in and be used by a fresh brain after the break.Better to have a brain on break than a broken brain.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Oh yeah... taking breaks helps a lot... it can be very useful to take a break from poker for a day or two))

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
as with anything, I think it's good to take breaks

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, you don't need to play poker 2-3-4 days a month, but to rest...

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's necessary to take a break from poker. But everyone knows their hobbies, their need for money or sources of income. We must not abuse these poker games.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe so! When we face variation, a break to study the hands, studying the game more can be positive to evolve in the game!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I often take breaks, but they are forced breaks due to various circumstances. We often have power cuts and it's not always possible to play from the phone. Before, when I played regularly, I used to take 1-2 days off a week and that was more than enough. Now I don't play as often as I would like, so I don't really need breaks.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really think some breaks from time to time are so usefull. I usually take 2 weeks or so at every 4 months

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I consider this necessary but when playing every day, in my case I don't take such long breaks because I play a few times a week

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find that if I take a break from poker it effects my game in a negative manner. so no long breaks. well maybe a restroom break every so often. LOL

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me, a break is necessary if it is only a forced vacation in another country, for example, but this is complacency. Well, if someone helps, then I'm only for

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you fell like it, yes. Sometimes poker can be stressful.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think yes......when nothing work just take break and comeback that could be change all......

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Once or twice a year I get a forced break from poker when I go to another country for a vacation, because playing there is not allowed by pokerstars rules. I can only play in the country of my registration. Oh well.. the sea, palm trees and sand are worth it, to get away from poker for a while :cool:

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, especially if you are constantly losing, in a bad phase... the famous "bad run"

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, taking breaks from poker is highly beneficial. It allows you to reset mentally, reducing the risk of tilt and emotional decision-making. Regular breaks help prevent burnout, keeping your focus sharp and energy levels high. Stepping away from the game also provides time for reflection and analysis, helping you assess your mistakes and improve. Breaks can prevent overplaying and fatigue, both of which can negatively impact performance. A refreshed mind is more capable of making rational, strategic decisions, ultimately improving your long-term success in poker.

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've just started playing more and more MTTs. I swear the hourly 5m break is never enough!

H

havingfun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
ZA
Chips
Taking a break gives your mind a chance to relax from having to make complex decisions and it gives you time to reflect on what you can do better next time round.

Munchies11

Munchies11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Breaks are def needed when you are on tilt mode. Once you stop playing your game and just trying to win pots to make your money back that can get you in to a lot of trouble. I’ve seen that happen very often with players and unfortunately with myself !

Mart1194

Mart1194

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The truth is that everything in excess is bad for your health. Even water, which is life, in excess you drown. Lol

But yes, it is important to take a break to absorb the learning, or to reduce the stress caused by the game.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are so many associated benefits with taking both a comfort break and an enforced total break from Poker.

Quality of life - there is more to life than poker - i always have strived to invest any winnings into something tangible after a tournament when i have won a decent score.
Comfort breaks - take them! Regular and ensure you are ready to play at the start, it definitely helps your mindset and especially so after a bad beat when it can be easy for some to tilt.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes yes, because it seems that you can't win with anything even with aa and kk, then it's better to stop playing online poker, live poker is different.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think that breaks in poker are part of it, sometimes you need to take a break poker is a very tiring game if it is to be taken seriously, many hours playing, several screens, thinking about strategies so I think it's nice for people to take a break Yes