P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Definitely not. The worst player has just as much chance as the best but the better player has more potential.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I'm 16 and think I've become a serviceable poker player, especially for my age. But I'm wondering if I'm the best player at my table should I win every time? I'd say I win about 7 out of 10 times in both my regular games and I'm wondering should I win every time? I just can't help but think since the pros like hellmuth and Ivey probably mop the floor with lesser players then that means I should. So I guess what I'm wondering is how often should I expect to win?
The best player wins 60 % of the time and that will change with type of players. I am by far the best player in my group, I win 30% of the time because the lack of playing style with my friends. But I maximize the amount I win when I win, which makes me the finish in the black 80% of the time.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Noone wins every time.
The best player is that who wins more times than the others... :sneaky:

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Being a good player makes you capable of winning, but your opponents are also prepared and the luck factor leaves things a little unbalanced in relation to better decision making, poker is an incomplete calculation

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
No, the best player does not always win. This is the good thing about poker. Over time the better player obtains better results

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If only the best players won, then the worst ones wouldn't play. A good player plays according to his theory of understanding poker.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NO...... there is little difference in skill levels and too much variance.

but the better player has the edge.... more tools... more tricks....

the best fisherman doesn't always win the contest..

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Of course not, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the concept of variance, but they are rewarded in the long run.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the long run the best players will always win more than poor players.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game where your professionalism does not guarantee you victory, so it is impossible to win all the time, but probably this is what keeps you interested in the game.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
80% of all players consider themselves the best in poker, all of them. I congratulate you, you are part of this 80%. If you were a skilful enough player, experienced enough, you definitely wouldn't consider yourself better than others :)

F

Fluchism

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CY
Chips
This topic hits close to home for me. I've been into board games and sports where skill definitely matters, but sometimes luck plays a big role too. I remember this intense game night where a friend, who's usually not the best player, ended up winning—it was a mix of strategy and some lucky breaks. It got me thinking how winning isn't always about being the best player on paper.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course not, but for some reason the finals are often the same, it's important to have experience

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Being the best does not always mean being the winner. The best players don't always win. Poker is a game of luck, not a game of fair reward. Winners are those who are lucky. It's simple and trite:)

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
In the long run the best player wins but in the short run the worst player can win,reason: statistical fluctuations.I will give you an example, the worst player has 22 and the best player AA heads up allin, 1 out of 5 times 22 will win it has to do with pot odds.

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not always the best poker player wins. Often in poker, luck decides everything i think . :)

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
nopee not always, the game is the game and sometimes things just don't work out

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If the best players always won, there would be the same winners.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in the short term no, but in the long term yes

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The "better player" has a much bigger advantage in cash games than in tournaments, especially freeroll, where lunacy and variance are so dominant.
Plus, in cash games you don't have the blind variation to force you play bad hands!

F

Fluchism

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CY
Chips
This topic hits close to home for me. I've been into board games and sports where skill definitely matters, but sometimes luck plays a big role too. I remember this intense game night where a friend, who's usually not the best player, ended up winning—it was a mix of strategy and some lucky breaks. It got me thinking how winning isn't always about being the best player on paper.
By the way, if you're into exploring games of skill and chance, https://nodepositbonuses.com/ often shares interesting insights and deals that can add some excitement to your gaming adventures.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firstly, don't compare yourself with professional poker players, their good result is dedicating 100% of their life to poker.
Thinking micro you will win with a very low frequency since the variance is greater especially in tournaments with many players.
My tip for you at the beginning is to study more than you play, for example: 7 days a week, study 4 and play 3 poker.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
The cream usually rises to the top, but many times luck also matters