Does the Best Player Always Win?

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, first of all, I see that the thread is already 2 years old, and as you say you were 16, therefore I assume that you played with people of the same age, which translates into a lack of studies, knowledge and experience, that is, you were playing with the sheep and not with the wolves, I would like to know what you think after these 2 years, if you still play, and to add a little more I can tell you that definitely the one who thinks he is the best player is not that he generally wins , It depends on many factors, variance, luck, number of players, if it is live or online, what I can tell you is that it has a greater advantage than the others because it has more experience and knowledge, and if it has constancy, neither Talking will surely be the one who generally dominates the table, but only one hand or another will be enough for that to change, greetings.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a good champion will always have more advantage, but that doesn't mean he will win.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with many people that good luck is very important in life. Of course you must do your best to achieve something. But withoutg good luck it is very difficult to live.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it also requires a lot of luck and a lot of experience makes up for it ... you have to learn to play patiently and to be able to wait for the right moment

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A best player is a player who doesn't tilt, has always a goal in mind and is confident to his victory

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi, I'm 16 and think I've become a serviceable poker player, especially for my age. But I'm wondering if I'm the best player at my table should I win every time? I'd say I win about 7 out of 10 times in both my regular games and I'm wondering should I win every time? I just can't help but think since the pros like hellmuth and Ivey probably mop the floor with lesser players then that means I should. So I guess what I'm wondering is how often should I expect to win?

No, there is variance. Unless you never go all in on one hand.
Allowing you to make less mistakes and minimizing your profit as well.

Always remember that poker is a long-term game, you will only know its true results with a high volume of play.

In short, the best will not always win the tournament, because it is a short-term result, so it can vary.

B

bruno1234poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, sometimes the cards punish when nobody expect.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If the best player always won, nobody would ever play against me ;)

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes watch the game teampro in the tournament in which I play happen that they finish the game before me without getting into the prizes, once in a tournament with a re-entry one pro used all three attempts and he had 8,000 chips while I had 60,000 chips on the first attempt but this does not make me a better player. So to answer your question, the pros definitely don't win all the time.

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not, and thats the point of poker, thats why recreationals are playing :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Simple answer is NO! in any Game of chance there will always be an element of Luck!

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In online games the good player does not always win, if he has a lot of possibilities in live games:D

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Any good player can lose in any hand, but not in the long run.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes we do. On a long term always is profitable

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not if they are getting 92 off suits lol can’t do much with that. The cards are the biggest part in poker obviously not the player . Love a good bluff chip builder

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, the best player doesn't always win, so good luck is required.

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My answer is similar to some others that no, the best player doesn’t always win, but cash games represent a better indicator of skill in the short term, and it’s possible to win quite often at them if you choose the right table, or happen to know the perfect home game to attend.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are different ways to be a better player. For example, you can become the best in the tournament. You can be the best at bluffing. Or be the best at drawing games with a weak hand. And you can be the best just because you want to be. Joke.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little strange question. But, ok, we live to learn.
Theoretically, if it was possible to determine the best player, then at a considerable distance he will always have a positive value win (not volume maybe), as long as he remains the best.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I'm 16 and think I've become a serviceable poker player, especially for my age. But I'm wondering if I'm the best player at my table should I win every time? I'd say I win about 7 out of 10 times in both my regular games and I'm wondering should I win every time? I just can't help but think since the pros like hellmuth and Ivey probably mop the floor with lesser players then that means I should. So I guess what I'm wondering is how often should I expect to win?

Poker is all about the correct addition of combinations and, of course, luck.

PktPairPete

PktPairPete

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the best player always won we wouldn't have so many "top" players with the perceived best player changing year on year.