What is the hardest part of a tournament ?

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I playing turbo MTT. For me hardest is play on deep stacks with medium hand`s like top pair , over pair.

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the near the bubble is the hardest to play...
Are they playing really loose.... or playing to raise every hand....Sometimes you wake up with a hand that you should have really folded due to ICM. shrugs

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the end of the tournament I want to go to the final, and there are no good cards and some chips to steal, and there is only one action to put everything.

S

SnagginOut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the hardest part of tourneys is training yourself to not just sneak into the money, but playing for the win. I think you have to risk bubbling so that you can chip up and get your stack to a size where you can lose a couple flips against smaller stacks. If you're always just sneaking into the money and winning your buyin plus a little extra back, you're not going to find yourself at a lot of final tables. I think players that make final tables are more okay with bubbling than mediocre players, because when they don't bubble, they're going to be in a position where they're more likely to bink it.

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the hardest part is the start of the tournament. Because you have to avoid not to busted early in the tournament. If Im already at the payout Im become more aggressive.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I find myself always struggle in the last 50-100 players in large fields 4000+ players like Big 1.10, Big 3.30 etc. But this is rational because the field now is filtered and the vast majority of the players are strong! It is disappointing when a single wrong decision can take away the FT or a big score.

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the final table.Need to consider how long the tournament is held:jd4:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
after ITM when players have already received the minimum prize and all players take a lot of risk to get as many chips as possible and get to the final table !!! Well, the bubble is also not a simple part of the tournament where short stacks are trying to double to get into prizes !!!

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think just after ITM is also tough because the short stacks are shoving. You can't play small pots and if you are medium stack you are going to have to pick a hand you are prepared to call a shove with to play. If you just sit there your stack goes from medium to short fast.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me personally the most difficult part is the somewhere around the middle of the tournament.I am in doubt,because i can easily wait and enter in prizes but if i do so leaders of the tournament will be in very high advantage in chips over me but if i continue to play aggressively i may not even enter in the prizes.Hard choice.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
for me the most difficult part is to be in the bubble and when it is close to the final table, there the players are harder

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the most difficult part is often the middle part of the game, when the blinds increase and my bankroll is small. I have made many bad decisions in that position

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, its at the end of a tourney... It seemed that I never got great cards, if so, I was beat out with a small pair, flush, etc.
Last nite, I continued the course, finishing in 1st. Don't stop trying, it just takes work to get where your comfortable with your game...

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its the start of the tournament. Later on its easier and gets a little tougher on final table. Its also difficult for me when us 3 are left. Heads up is easier.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Avoid late registration and the more profitable actions and lines we use, the more often we end up at or near the final table.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part an a tournament

The hardest part is surviving the beginning when everybody is donking off.

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing on or around the bubble

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Avoid late registration and the more profitable actions and lines we use, the more often we end up at or near the final table.
Late registration in tourneys will have miss some of the players who try to get a quick double with bad hands u can take advantage of

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its the start of the tournament. Later on its easier and gets a little tougher on final table. Its also difficult for me when us 3 are left. Heads up is easier.
some people struggle playing so deep stacked in the beginning one of the best opportunities to make chips while the bad players are still in

M

MAJAD69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The start, but then I get the winning feeling...then I lose...lol

M

mlatka00

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The Paw

Always try to enter early to take advantage of poor play and build the stack

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, its at the end of a tourney... It seemed that I never got great cards, if so, I was beat out with a small pair, flush, etc.
Last nite, I continued the course, finishing in 1st. Don't stop trying, it just takes work to get where your comfortable with your game...
the end of tournaments tend to be all in preflop or Fold especially in turbos

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the hardest part of the tournament , this late stage
they have charts that you can study to see which hands to go all-in with depending on how many big blinds you have

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the end of 20 minutes stealing blinds in late position is key especially on a tighter table