showed the bluff

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no universal strategy for playing freerolls; it requires instinct and luck.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have always thought that the players who show the cards because they bluff do it out of strategy so that you fall into their trap, they do it so that the players get upset and when they want to face him he will beat them, these days I have seen a player of cc freerolls to do that, the important thing is not to lose patience

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing in a cardschat freeroll tournament, there was a player who had a lot of chips and was playing like crazy, limping the hands he was playing and showing the bluff he was making several times with high bets, many bigger than the bet.

Given the situation, I played a hand against this villain and ended up being kicked out of the tournament, as I didn't believe he would have a strong hand after showing so many bluffs.

How to deal with this situation?
We want to be careful about absolutes in poker--they are bluffing a lot therefore they are bluffing now--is an example of absolute thinking-- instead we have to think "they bluff a lot but are we blocking their better hands therefore they have more bluffs than value"?
We also want to look at the how of their bluffs.. Are they bluffing vs weakness--based on board runout or vs specific players?

Lastly sometimes we lose to the wild players even though it was a good spot for us--If you can share the hand in the MTT hand review section with the title -Good spot to catch a Maniac Bluffer?
That way you can know if your play was correct or not based on feedback--if I see that title I will post for you.:unsure::geek: