Should I multi-table or focus on 1 table only?

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
1 table only is very boring and since is a game of luck, the more u play the better.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
As a beginner, it is enough to play on one table, later, when you see that you can divide your attention, it is worth increasing the number of tables.
As a hobbyist, playing on more than 3-4 tables (MTT) does not make much sense, of course this also depends on the person.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you keep statistics on winnings per hour, then this figure is, of course, higher than when playing at one table.High dynamics of the game. Sitting at the same table, sometimes you can get bored. If you play at several tables at the same time, then the dynamics are definitely guaranteed for you. This is especially liked by fairly experienced players who can keep a multi-table game in their head.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If your goal is to win a tournament or at least make it to a final table, I would play in one tournament at a time.

Most online players who play in more than one tournament at a time, do so because they can increase how much money they can make per hour.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play the amount of tables that maximizes your hourly earnings.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I always play min 3 tournaments in a time. Because, my style how I am playing at the start is BINGO, to get double up chips. Just waiting for right tournament where got hooked in :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that most players will play better and more focused if they play only one (or 2) tables at the same time. I am an anxious person, so, I get bored if I play only one table, so, I like to play 3-4 tables. But of course I can read my opponents better if I am only playing one table. You said that you care more about the winning the tournament than the money you can win then I think it is a good idea to play only one table at a time.

userX

userX

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello, here's my situation: I'm starting out in poker and have had some good results in MTTs, but they're not as good as I'd like. I feel like I make too many mistakes, not because of my hands, but because I don’t know enough about the players. The problem with MTTs is that it's hard to get to know the players since you have to focus on multiple tables. To improve my game—since my goal is to win a tournament, not just to make money, or at least to make it to the final table—should I work on my overall game and continue playing MTTs, or should I play just one table and focus solely on that?
Considering that you are a beginner, I can definitely say that you are better off focusing on one table. Do not lose concentration. The time will come, and with experience you will understand that you can already play two tables at the same time, then three, then four. Everything should be done gradually, step by step :)

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello friend, I recommend that at first you focus on one table and when you have more experience you play 2 at the same time and little by little you increase the number of tables with which you feel comfortable, in my case I usually play 2 or 3 Sometimes if I play more than 2 it may stress me out a little, try to see what your limit is. Good luck

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It all depends on your capabilities, I am very comfortable playing up to 4 tables at the same time

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello, here's my situation: I'm starting out in poker and have had some good results in MTTs, but they're not as good as I'd like. I feel like I make too many mistakes, not because of my hands, but because I don’t know enough about the players. The problem with MTTs is that it's hard to get to know the players since you have to focus on multiple tables. To improve my game—since my goal is to win a tournament, not just to make money, or at least to make it to the final table—should I work on my overall game and continue playing MTTs, or should I play just one table and focus solely on that?
IMO, while it's important to know your opponents, I think that it's good to try to play more games, in order to increase the opportunities of winning. But it has to be a number of tables that you are capable of manage, obviously. Also, you can put labels on players, an take notes.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The quality of your game should not suffer in any way because of the large number of tables!!! You should start adding tables only if you are sure that the quality of your game will not suffer from this!!!

C

Comboss599

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 1 table, max 2 tables. I can focus on the game and the players. More tables mean that you can't get know what's happening on table and can't study other players. I think it's important knowledge in poker.