raise-aholics

D

DrakeRemorea

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I swear some of these freeroll players only play to hit the raise button. I played today with one guy who kept rebuying into a freeroll tournament and raised every time he had action with no pairs, no high cards, nothing remotely suggesting he would win. He lost like 4 times in a row before he gave up on rebuying. whyyyyyyyyyyy I hate it

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I hope you managed to steal him some chips before he went out.
A lot of raise-aholics during no limit event.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I swear some of these freeroll players only play to hit the raise button. I played today with one guy who kept rebuying into a freeroll tournament and raised every time he had action with no pairs, no high cards, nothing remotely suggesting he would win. He lost like 4 times in a row before he gave up on rebuying. whyyyyyyyyyyy I hate it
I do the same with freerolls and it's not a crime

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are people who are just having fun or dont care in free games. Its a mindblowing concept to understand i know.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've seen a lot of players like that on pokerstars. One Kazakh made 9 rebuys in 1 satellite in front of my eyes and played according to the scheme you described. I don't like such players either, but they are the fishes. Easy chips. :p

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You really should not be doing a lot of open limping in MTTs, so they should be raising when they are not folding.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also don't like tournaments with rebays. All of us from time to time have to watch donkeys play at the zoo :)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Haters gonna hate, but I hope you had the good sense to try & exploit this fool if the opportunity arose.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am sure that almost all players have heard that being the aggressor in the game and playing aggressively is beneficial, but the thing is that many do not understand what it actually means to “play aggressively”!!!

S

SpaceMage

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, in most freerolls this is a problem.

As others have said you should sit back and try to exploit them.

I do not know how often I am playing a freeroll and the first hand I get a great pair of cards in my hand. Two or three other players instantly go all-in with really bad hands. Instant double, treble or quadruple increase to my stack. I've had this happen to me the first few hands of a game. Tenfold stack increases not too often but often enough.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in free tournaments you can see not such players

, use this, what's the problem?

Flyer35

Flyer35

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
On the other hand I've seen these same guys end up winning these tournaments. It happens often enough that they keep coming back.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps these players are unaware of the existence of other options. Their finger is glued to one key.
hand-push-button-3d-render-illustration-isolated-transparent-background_106547-13.jpg

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try not to play in micro tournaments with rebuys. At least if the tournament has a buy-in of at least $5.5 or more, then I won't mind rebuys :)

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love aggressive players, they are my cash path, let them burn brightly and 9/10 they will burn themselves out, i do however steer clear of rebuy tournaments as there are some maniacs out there.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We play poker hoping for weaker players to give away ROI so when we hate a player for doing this it is because we are focused on winning hands not getting the highest ROI return over multiple MTT--Changing your mindset may help you enjoy poker more and give you higher overall returns

poker pros often blow out of several MTT's then win some rather than grind out min cashes. They do this by taking spots with players like this:unsure::geek:

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
They're just maniacs, they're not interested in playing poker and thinking, they're just having fun like this; there's no point looking for logic there.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
getting upset cause people raising hands lol fun thread

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
cant expect normal play in large entry freeroll formats.

just let them rebuy and keep taking their chips

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This isn't limited to freerolls. At Omaha people raise with all manner of garbage and beat your premium hands.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I personally rarely raise in a poker game, Why? the answer is simple, I want to limp in and make my opponent believe I am unsure about my hand strength, Which when you think about it is 90% of the time, you can never be sure on your hand strength, even if you were dealt Pocket Aces, every hand can be beaten, so I limp just to see a flop, but if facing a raise I may call depending on the size of the raise.
Leading them into a belief that your hand is weak can lead them into a trap, so Checking after a flop gives them the opportunity to bet into you and it is up to you to decide whether the hand is good enough to carry on or just fold if you miss it, I might even check after the Turn card trying to get another bet out of them, after all if you give them enough rope they might just hang themselves.
Then comes the River, now there is a possibility that I missed on every stage of the hand, and I was caught Fishing for a Straight or Flush, but regardless I have come this far I might believe my opponent was also fishing and missed his hand completely, Now I come out betting putting the pressure on my opponent, and the question he has to answer is am I bluffing or did I have the nuts from the flop?
Either way I can win the pot because if he folds I win, and if I am holding the "Nuts" I win. So raising pre-flop, is in my book unwise, unless you want to reduce the number of players in the hand,
In one Tournament I took part in I was dealt A,A on the very first hand, and wanting to just take down the blinds I put in a 3X raise hoping to end it there, as we were all unable to get a read on our opponents as the game was only just starting, I was UTG and the player UTG+1 raised me by betting 6X the blinds, now I thought it was a little cheeky after all we didn't know each other or how we played and when he got 3 callers, I thought that's it! I have only one option left, the Blinds folded and the action came back to me so I shoved all-in.
Players at the table were in a state of dis-belief as this was the first hand? I even went into the story that I had travelled over 100 miles to play in that Tournament and I really didn't care if I was the first player out. I really didn't want to see the flop, The player UTG+1 asked me if I would show my cards? and I said "For sure, I will show, Call and I will show, or Fold and you can turn them yourself" I really didn't give a damn!
After a few minutes of thinking about his hand he eventually folded and the next player asked me again if I would show? I just said "I am a man of my word and I will show either way", He thought for a couple of minutes and decided to call. The other players immediately folded and we went to the races.
When both hands were turned over, he had Pocket Queens against my A/A and the player UTG+1 said well I folded A/Q so you only have one out, to which I said that's great news because he has only 1 out as well and he has to hit, I Don't!
Neither of us improved so my Aces held up, and the player UTG+1 remarked Damn it! I would have made a Royal Flush on the very first hand, when we checked he had folded the A/Q suited and would have made the Royal Flush had he called.
So if I had decide just to call the 6X bet I could have been beaten holding A/A on the very first hand. Going all-in stopped him from doing this and I went on to take 2nd place after around 8 hours of Tournament Play. So it does happen in Live games as well as On-line it's not that unusual.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
For him, poker is just entertainment, not a way to make money; there are plenty of such players.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can tighten your preflop range and loosen your 3 bet range and print money.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like these guys. You just have to wait until you have a good hand and take his chips.