Pocket queens.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play them like any other pair. Depending on the table, position, etc...

In tournaments especially early on I try to avoid all ins pre-flop. Im looking at set mining the pair and seeing a flop.

I have been playing cash games more recently and I tend to play the same way except now you have some reads on the table as well as not sweating over the blind changes.

I think that is about it.

It's just another pair, and it's difficult to improve on a pair.

Aside from AK, QQ - 1010 are probably the most overplayed hands in poker. It's really hard to know where you are at. If the flop is 682, is an over pair good? I could have 66, 88, 22, and your in bad shape. I could have 57s and be on a flush or/and straight draw (where I'm not going anywhere).

People get married to big pairs, including AA,KK, and often get stacked. I've seen over and over People putting in their stacks with AA or KK on boards like 6789K, 4 card flushes on the board, and other ridiculous flops like 10QJ where you are so obviously beat. Just can't let it go.

You have to be able to control the pot and lay down hands.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket queens is a good hand. I would always raise preflop with queens. If someone has raised before me, I would reraise them. If he goes all in after you, he could hold aces or kings. There are a lot of fish in a freeroll tournament. Pisces often go all in with worse hands. Then you can definitely call. If your opponent is rather tight it is better to fold. He probably has aces or kings. If he just calls, everything is fine. A c-bet on the flop is almost always mandatory with queens. Even if an ace or a king or AK comes on the flop. You have to find out where you stand and you can't do that if you don't bet yourself. Does your opponent call you or reraised you know that you have to fold if AK came on the flop.

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definetely play them aggressive

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What opinions do you have of this hand?

Last few tournaments this hand has been my downfall. Ive played it differently. All in, 3 bet, call. In different positions too. I just cant seem to win with them.

On the face of it, its a very strong hand. But you know if you see a king or ace on the flop. It's hard to play with confidence.

Statistically, the odds of your queens winning against pocket kings or aces are very low. Therefore, if you are faced with any special action preflop, then you will need to carefully assess the situation based on the trends and assumed ranges of your opponent. It is not easy to fold QQ preflop, but it will be a good decision if you clearly feel that by the nature of the bets your opponent is most likely holding KK or AA.For example, you raise preflop and you 3-bet. Now you have to make a decision for yourself, based on your reads on your opponent, whether to call or whether it is better to twist back to the stack. If your opponent is a super tight nit and only 3-bets AA, KK and AK, then we can figure it out by breaking his range down into combinations. There are 16 different combinations of AK and 6 combinations for each pair. Thus, the probability of your opponent having kings or aces is 43%, while AK is 57%. It is clear that in this situation you will be either a small favorite or a huge underdog.However, against looser opponents, your hand is more likely to be the best preflop. Especially against hardcore reraisers, QQ will often be the dominant hand for hands like AQ or JJ.A difficult situation often arises when you are dealt QQ in early position at a full ring table. Open-raising with queens will be, of course, a standard decision, but the trouble is that often at loose tables you will get 2-3 (or maybe more) callers preflop. In this case, the only determining factor for you will be the nature of the bets and raises of your opponents, since you will not be the last to complete the bidding postflop.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot depends on your opponent and your stack size, with a short stack it is almost always the right decision to play this hand all-in

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the 3th best hand in poker
PRE FLOP:

Why i choose QQ instead of AK in 3rd best hand?
For pre flop shoving situations:
AKs vs Smaller pocket pair = coinflip
QQ vs smaller pocket pairs = villain 2 out situation
So, QQ better from 22 to JJ
AKs vs KK = 3 out situation and flush
QQ vs KK = 2 out situation
Only on this spot AK is better,
QQ vs AA = 18-19% chance
AKs vs AA = 10-11% chance
For that reasons i prefer QQ then AKs but i respect another opinions
POST FLOP:
AKs is easier, if u have QQ and face a K high or an A high flop you feel very unconfortable, and in a low card board it really sucks to fold

For the past few days I'm feeling tilted with QQ
I lost almost every time I got QQ, most of the time to worse hands (AJ, AT, AQ) that hit the A flop. I play micros and minis, so its common to see ATs AJs and AQs going all in after 3bet