AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Good afternoon community, I like poker a lot and the modality that I like a lot is Spin and Go of pokerstars but, there is where my doubt is, is it really possible to become a profitable player in the long term in this modality? are you a Regular in this area? ( are there regulars in this area? ) , what does it take to become a profitable player in the long term in this modality? (I know that discipline and control to not play higher stakes is essential to not go broke and to maintain your bankroll and not get frustrated over time), please leave your tips and experience regarding this sport.... Thanks for your help!
I love it! In the morning with my first coffee, few games is perfect - doesn't take so much time, mixing spin&go with cash games - that half hour is perfect! 🙂
I didn't get broke, so... yes it can be profitable! 😉

+ poker is not a sport. 😄

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a game that I play many times and most of them at the same site. I play the ggpoker version also. When I play at gg it is more profitable. In pokerstars there is a neutral balance, and I have never seen a significant price in the middle of the table. The gg version has given more, but I cannot continue with real money because of the absence of such a licence in my country.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Good afternoon community, I like poker a lot and the modality that I like a lot is Spin and Go of pokerstars but, there is where my doubt is, is it really possible to become a profitable player in the long term in this modality? are you a Regular in this area? ( are there regulars in this area? ) , what does it take to become a profitable player in the long term in this modality? (I know that discipline and control to not play higher stakes is essential to not go broke and to maintain your bankroll and not get frustrated over time), please leave your tips and experience regarding this sport.... Thanks for your help!
Spin & Go is just a lottery. If you like such games, there is nothing wrong with it, but I have serious doubts that you will be able to earn a regular income from such entertainment.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The issue is, most SPINS are winner takes all, so its only really the heads-up part, which you can use as training for other formats. Playing in chip-EV mode 3+ handed is a fairly substantial mistake, when there are payjumps.

I'm talking about individual hands dude. Come on.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Fundiver is right. You can not mess up Spin'n Go with MTT format, because of Winner takes all format.

Onto the topic, I had some experience with Spins. Had also some Challenges. The truth is that you have to reach about 44-45% Winning Rate in these to keep some profit. How you could achieve it depends on You and Your Luck.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never liked turbo or hyper=super-mega-giga turbo formats... it's less poker, more lottery

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aren't those the HU SNG hypers where you're ahead a or down 2:1 after the third person goes busto? Pretty sure there's a strategy to those and folks are profitable in them, but they don't seem like something for people that have issues playing HU.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Playing Spin & Go is fun, but it can hardly be a profitable game. I think they are not an option for a good and stable income. You'd better turn your attention to regular MTT tournaments.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
2-3 years ago I played only in this format and I was able to raise my bankroll at low limits. In addition, several times there were x25 and x100 prizes in the drawing (I posted about them on the forum) and I managed to win some of them. Today, this format has become less profitable, despite the emergence of a x4 multiplier. My last win in Spins was a month ago - a gold pass using a free daily Power pass ticket. Despite the general negative opinion of forum users about this format, sometimes you can still have some kind of advantage here by playing according to a certain strategy. Good luck!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it’s no longer so easy to play consistently with a profit, but there are still hobby players who make a profit, but there are fewer and fewer of them

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I had no good results overally and good luck with spin and goes . So nowadays I play rarely . I couldn't move up stakes , I tried repeatedly but i couldn't . Many play Recklessly arc in micro stakes . Many bots also do exist and cannot be played against .

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fundiver is right. You can not mess up Spin'n Go with MTT format, because of Winner takes all format.

Onto the topic, I had some experience with Spins. Had also some Challenges. The truth is that you have to reach about 44-45% Winning Rate in these to keep some profit. How you could achieve it depends on You and Your Luck.
How about 43%? 😅 How do u come up with that number 44-45%? So what u are saying is that u have to win like half of ur total games in a 3 player hyper turbo winner takes all format to be profitable?

maronza1

maronza1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
SnGs are bingo games, there is really no valid strategy to become a winning player at sng.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
a dispersive type of poker. as entertainment it may be, but nothing more... spin & go was specially developed to kill sit & go...

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Looks like some creatures above ^ do not understand that the only "lottery" thing in spin n go's is the prizepool ... :unsure:

billibooo

billibooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do not mind spin and go's but more use it as a tool for my end game <3 I struggled there for a bit and one of my favourite people suggested I use it to practice playing that way which changed a lot for me in that stage of poker.

So I think it has it place but as everyone said, I do not think it is not as profitable to play long-term. <3 But who knows :) there are 8 billion stories out there and I do not doubt someone has :p

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Every game has its own strategy, so it's obviously posible to become a winning player, but is not easy.
I don't think anyone here has taken enough time to study it deeply and then play +1K of games.
I once tried to get in a staking team, and I got some classes about ranges in every scneario and stuff like that. Sadly it was at partypoker and it was at that time when they blocked several countries, icluded mine.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't really like this format; someone here writes about the special rules of playing in this format, but as I noted at micro-limits, luck is more important than any rules

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In every poker discipline there are bad players, playing against whom you can earn money, I think that Spin and Go is no exception!!!

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My honest opinion is that, no, you'll rarely get ahead in this game!

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you play sensible poker you can make money playing them as most
players playing them are terrible.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If you have a lot of free time and money, your income can be extra with 8-10 hours of SnG a day. At least I've heard of such a case. But you can also hear about lottery winners in not too many numbers, right?
There is probably a positive example here as well, but as in everything, it is true that you have to deal with it, and not a little.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, these tournaments are more like a lottery than poker. I don't like to play Spin and Go. I tried it, but I realised that I want to win thanks to my skills, experience and patience, not just luck. For me, Spin & Go is a tournament where your skills and experience are not crucial, instead, your luck is crucial in such tournaments.

N

Nate420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
I agree with others here, it is the bingo form of poker. Very shortstacked play. It would suit an aggressive playstyle 100% but still basically gambling.