mikiba11

mikiba11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good afternoon community, I like poker a lot and the modality that I like a lot is spin and go of pokerstars but, there is where my doubt is, is it really possible to become a profitable player in the long term in this modality? are you a Regular in this area? ( are there regulars in this area? ) , what does it take to become a profitable player in the long term in this modality? (I know that discipline and control to not play higher stakes is essential to not go broke and to maintain your bankroll and not get frustrated over time), please leave your tips and experience regarding this sport.... Thanks for your help!

kdmeteor

kdmeteor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Afaik spin and go is just a super ultra turbo tournament without payout implications. So look at what the rake is and go from there. The shorter the time control, the less ability you have to outplay your opponents, so if a Turbo tournament has 6% rake, spin and go should maybe have 1-2%? If it's also around 5%, it seems like a bad choice to play for money.

If I'm reading this right the rake is 8%, so I'd say stay as far away from the format as possible.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Good afternoon community, I like poker a lot and the modality that I like a lot is Spin and Go of pokerstars but, there is where my doubt is, is it really possible to become a profitable player in the long term in this modality? are you a Regular in this area? ( are there regulars in this area? ) , what does it take to become a profitable player in the long term in this modality? (I know that discipline and control to not play higher stakes is essential to not go broke and to maintain your bankroll and not get frustrated over time), please leave your tips and experience regarding this sport.... Thanks for your help!
Spin and Go is a bingo tournament. Is it possible to become a regular winner in bingo tournaments? ...... I don't think so. Personally, I have only negative memories of these tournaments. I regularly faced a maniacal opponent, and all my skills and all my experience didn't matter at all because the luck was on the maniac's side.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Good afternoon community, I like poker a lot and the modality that I like a lot is Spin and Go of pokerstars but, there is where my doubt is, is it really possible to become a profitable player in the long term in this modality? are you a Regular in this area? ( are there regulars in this area? ) , what does it take to become a profitable player in the long term in this modality? (I know that discipline and control to not play higher stakes is essential to not go broke and to maintain your bankroll and not get frustrated over time), please leave your tips and experience regarding this sport.... Thanks for your help!

Personally, I don't consider Spin & Go poker. To begin with, the prize you'll be playing for is determined by a spin that's programmed exactly like Slot machines. It will only give a decent multiplier after having swallowed a huge profit for the house. So, how many times should you play to finally get a nice amount to play for if ever? And if you get it, you're not guaranteed to win, it's just a bingo situation that has nothing to do with poker.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you have doubts, it means that you are being pragmatic. No wonder you have these doubts :)
Do you think a lottery player can become a consistently and regularly profitable player? ..... I think it's very unlikely. That's the answer to your question.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's certainly possible, you just need to learnt he format better than your opponents. However, rake is high and at the highest stakes edges will be small, so I would say there are more profitable formats of poker (cash or mtt)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quick chance to win some cash ( if you are lucky it can be big prize). I use to play this kind of game very often because you don't have to wait long for your turn and almost always something is happening with my participation.

Igor G

Igor G

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I know players who make money in MTT tournaments, but I don't know anyone who makes money in Spin and Go tournaments. These tournaments are roulette, your skills, your experience in such tournaments will not be crucial, as it essentially comes down to your luck and the luck of your opponents.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In order to become a success in Spin & Go tournaments in the long run, you need to do a very simple thing. You just need to become the owner of a poker site :)

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It's the crack cocaine of poker.

Often ends badly.

The best may have a 3% ROI (often with the help of charts and other assistance).

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
It's a donkfest

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Sorry friend, spin and go is a game where your skills are not visible, sometimes you can win by playing well but you will depend a lot on the “luck” that the platform gives you.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bingo.
One word that accurately reflects the essence of these tournaments. But if this format at least gives you pleasure, if you are willing to take risks and pay for it, then I don't see any problem :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I've underlined what I consider to be an important part of your question and should probably be a pre-requisite to answering it.
I've never been a 'SPINS' player but I do know others who have been. I know one player who profited $200k+/yr. for over 2 years. This was prior to Pokerstars changing their Rewards Program.

I personally have no clue how much any 'regulars' are making at this game these days but I would guess there are still some who are playing them (with making a regular profit in the long run). I'd assume it's at the lower limits.

Although one doesn't have as much of an edge in such a short-stacked, fast structured game, there is still much to be learned and some players are FAR better than others they can still be okay due to all of the TERRIBLE players who are drawn to them (and who play them very poorly!). Also, you can be playing a very large volume of games in this format! (although I have no clue how many people are playing in games above $5 or $10 Spins).

I would surmise that many who have posted in this thread don't have much of a clue on how to play them (their answers make it obvious). I'm not professing that I'm a SPINS BOSS but I do know there's much more to the game than one would assume.

The SPINS are also an excellent training format for very short stacked play. These days on sites like GGPoker the tournament structures often have the final tables end up with effective stacks being very short. Using SPINs for a training ground can help a player out in other formats.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spin n Gos are basically hyperturbo SnGs with a lottery element. On most sites including PokerStars they give you 25BB to start the game. The lottery element acts like a "tax", unless you hit the jackpot, and makes them more difficult to beat than other hyperturbo SnGs. But for all hyperturbo SnGs its going to be crucially important, how much rake you pay, and how much you are getting back as rakeback. And to be honest most people will likely have a limited timeframe for a "career" as hyperturbo SnG pros, since it gets boring very fast to push or fold on multible tables at a time for many hours per day.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I sometimes play them but the truth is that they are a waste of time. I don't think they'll be profitable in the long run

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you like to gamble, îs one wayto do It 😁😂

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The profit here is only from winning large multipliers starting from x5, with x2-x3 in the best case you will play to zero.I’ll say right away that discipline in terms of earning money is absolutely useless.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that if you can be regular in this type of game, I know that there are people who are dedicated to this type of game, many believe that it is bingo, and in part it may be true, but also in certain that this has its part of strategy, in my case I am not a regular spin and go player, I used to play them but the PL omaha and spin and go max, but I only played them from time to time, you mention very important things like discipline, control of your bankroll, also You must study a lot, review your games and analyze it, see what you can improve.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The SPINS are also an excellent training format for very short stacked play. These days on sites like GGPoker the tournament structures often have the final tables end up with effective stacks being very short. Using SPINs for a training ground can help a player out in other formats.
The issue is, most SPINS are winner takes all, so its only really the heads-up part, which you can use as training for other formats. Playing in chip-EV mode 3+ handed is a fairly substantial mistake, when there are payjumps.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i hate the format the rake and the players...is any ace shove ive played at higher levels stayed the same not for me...I prefer sit and goes six people or mtt's six or more people It lets you goto the top by reading your people