Dealing with limpers early mid stages

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Punish the limpers by applying as much pressure as possible. They will often fold to a 3 bet raise..

Flyer35

Flyer35

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree with those who say just limp right along with them. I know the pain. I 'm playing right now a game where that was happening. No matter how much I raised pre-flop I kept getting called by multiple players, and losing to a bad flop. I only started winning when I began to play the limp game. Now I'm in first place. Once we get to the final table the limping will stop - guaranteed!

The trick is to realize when your limped hand isn't a winner among the 2 or 3 other limpers and get out early.

Last edited:
GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think fold or 3bet is good,but i dont know about limping behind A2s or 44,55 XD
God bless

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can try to play more aggressively against such players, and see their hands and try to use them to your advantage, but limping, in my opinion, is very dangerous if the player plays well enough

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Having a hard time dealing with limpers in early and mid stages of MTTs. Like I'm raising it up more but I'll get called by them and then the blinds tag along. Keep having good hands get out flopped cuz we are going four to the flop not sure how to get them to quit tagging along

at 888 poker this is not a feasible mission at all, there the whole table limp by 1bb if you raise by even 6, even by 20 or even push, they will still be happy to call and no matter what hands they have. just come to terms with it