Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't like it because many times when they change my table it's a more complicated table, and trying to read the players can be more difficult but it also may not be a table with such intense players.
You don't like because you is always one of the fishes in the table

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again, just because something has a 0 EV impact long term (Assuming it happens evenly) doesn't mean it's something that doesn't need to be fixed.
But "fixed" how? There is no way to make a table balancing algoritm, where no players will ever be affected in a negative way in a single game. Maybe we can talk about some sites having a better algoritm than others, so there is no "fix", which can make this issue go away.
Would you agree that if MTT's randomly sat you out this should be fixed? Does it matter if it's a push in EV and sometimes it'll favor you?
The difference is, that this would serve no purpose. Table balancing is nessesary for game fairness, so there is no way to avoid it.
It's online. It shouldn't happen at all regardless of importance. I also think it's bad for the game rec's are already concerned it's rigged do we really want them getting constantly double blinded?
But are they? I have not noticed, that this is common on any of the sites, where I play (888, PS, ACR). So which site(s) exactly is it, that does this table balancing very poorly?
There are many structures in which a few blinds are significant. For example, ACR runs a lot of On Demand games. Or a PKO which a few blinds could keep you from covering a bounty
Yes I play those regularly, and I have never seen table balancing as having a significant impact on the game.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
But "fixed" how? There is no way to make a table balancing algoritm, where no players will ever be affected in a negative way in a single game. Maybe we can talk about some sites having a better algoritm than others, so there is no "fix", which can make this issue go away.

What do you mean by negatively impacted? To be clear, I'm fine with table balancing randomly it's needed. What I'm talking about is being hit by the Big blind the small blind and then when it's your turn to be on the button being moved and again being put in the big blind and small blind.

The fix is to not have this happen and to instead put someone who is under the gun into the next big blind at another table and not take the person who is about to be on the button.

And if an algorithm takes the next button and puts them into the BB it's not a case of "Some sites have different algorithm's" it's a case of the site needing to change their algorithm.

But are they? I have not noticed, that this is common on any of the sites, where I play (888, PS, ACR). So which site(s) exactly is it, that does this table balancing very poorly?
Yes. WPN. It happens enough to where I definitely notice it. And if it has never happened to you it makes it worse. And it's not even like I'm putting in volume in MTT's to where I'm more likely to notice it I barely play them I prefer cash.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What do you mean by negatively impacted? To be clear, I'm fine with table balancing randomly it's needed. What I'm talking about is being hit by the Big blind the small blind and then when it's your turn to be on the button being moved and again being put in the big blind and small blind.

The fix is to not have this happen and to instead put someone who is under the gun into the next big blind at another table and not take the person who is about to be on the button.

And if an algorithm takes the next button and puts them into the BB it's not a case of "Some sites have different algorithm's" it's a case of the site needing to change their algorithm.

Yes. WPN. It happens enough to where I definitely notice it. And if it has never happened to you it makes it worse. And it's not even like I'm putting in volume in MTT's to where I'm more likely to notice it I barely play them I prefer cash.
Oh I see where/why I might be wrong.

I'm assuming a person busts and then a person is taken from one table to another - If this is happening it shouldn't.

But the other possibility I wasn't considering is the complete removal of a table and everyone is assigned a new seat at random. - I can see how this scenario could happen under that circumstance. Though it seems to happen where BB, SB, then BB, SB where I don't feel like this is what is happening but that could possibly be because when I'm in the LJ then HJ I don't even notice if moved to LJ-CO the same way we never think about when our Aces do hold

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you like playing online poker, we are placed from one table to another - I don't like it!
I don't pay attention to it at all. I usually play from two to four tables at a time, so frequent transfers don't really affect my game. As always, I play patiently, play with good, strong cards and try not to take unnecessary risks.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And if it has never happened to you it makes it worse.
What I mean, is, that I have never had the same feeling as OP, that my results in a single game was significantly impacted by being moved to other tables in an unfair way.
But the other possibility I wasn't considering is the complete removal of a table and everyone is assigned a new seat at random.
Yes this is the most common reason for moving peoples in MTTs. When they go from 10 tables to 9, from 3 to 2 etc. And of course players then have to go on whatever seats are vacant on the other tables. And people are also moved, when new tables are created during late registration, so that the new player dont have to play alone. And in that case the most fair solution is obviously to seat people randomly, just as its done at the beginning of the tournament.
And it's not even like I'm putting in volume in MTT's to where I'm more likely to notice it I barely play them I prefer cash.
Maybe this is why, you pay attention, because its an unusual experience for you to get moved. For people like me, who play tournaments all the time, its just part of the daily routine :)