Did you think it fair that Modric was awarded as the best world cup player?

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, I found it a bit exaggerated to receive this award. I thought other players like Hazard, Mbappe, Griezmann and others played more than him.

What do you think about that?

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In 2014 also unfair the Messi win. It seems that fifa wants to give a consolation prize to the loser.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He did great all World Cup but I´m agreed, it looks like a consolation prize.
Back on 2002, with 8 goals, played major and the World title they didn´t gave it to Ronaldo. germany goalkeeper won. Politics...
But france deserved to win, congrats to the Champions ! Thats the most important part.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In my opinion, yes. He was the best player of this World Cup.

J

Jorands

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hazard was the best player of This WK

ZerchGarza

ZerchGarza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a conwolatin prize.... He had more minutes that anyone and I think he deserved it. He played so good the whole tournament.

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a conwolatin prize.... He had more minutes that anyone and I think he deserved it. He played so good the whole tournament.

I agree that he showed a lot of disposition and claw. But I think his football has fallen in the final stages and today's game was out. But it is a great achievement to reach a final with Croatia and to understand that he is a winner because he is the main player of this team.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hazard was Belgium's best player. This is true. He was one of the best players of this World Cup.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was? Modric hardly stood out. Hazard gets my vote.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely, he is worthy of this award, colossal endurance, beyond motivation, led the team behind him. Many players are worthy but it is the best.

I

ice mary

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion the best was Ivan Perišić

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this world Cup one is very bright do not stand out. Modric is not a striker and not a machine for scoring goals, he is a player of midfield and fundamental to your team, captain. his team Croatia made a sensation, reaching the final, and he is the team leader. so I agree that he is the best player of this tournament. if we add the Champions League victory this year (and 3 years in a row), Modrich will be a contender for the best player of the year, I do not know whether he will win or not.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Modric is a very good player , but yes , I would also choose Mpappe , a young striker who really played impressive football this mundial , and in the final nobody could defend well against him . I really enjoyed watching this player and I guess he deserved the award of the best WC player :)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Modric is a very good player , but yes , I would also choose Mpappe , a young striker who really played impressive football this mundial , and in the final nobody could defend well against him . I really enjoyed watching this player and I guess he deserved the award of the best WC player :)

Didn't he already receive that young player award :rolleyes:

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure

I am not sure. I understand where they are coming from but I'm not sure he was the most outstanding player in this years World Cup.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Didn't he already receive that young player award :rolleyes:

Can't he be given the best young player's award plus the best player's award at the same time if he is the best player at the tournament but under 21 ? Cause if he is the best young performer doesn't mean he is the best of all players of all ages by all means (But Mpappe happens to be ) :confused::D:confused::p

E

ElegantFish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is was deserved for Modric to win the best player award. For me the top players at this World Cup were Modric, Hazard and Mbappe. You can make a strong case for any of those players winning the award. But the tipping point for me is that I do not believe Croatia would have done as well as they would have had they not had him in the side. Croatia lack the depth that other countries such as Belgium have. They cannot start a player like Dries Mertens or Ousaman Dembele on the bench, as Belgium and France, respectively, are able to.

Modric also isn't a goal scorer like Hazard and Mbappe so it would be unfair to judge solely on that criteria. But the way he picked defenses apart with his passing and vision showed why he's the best midfielder in the world and part of the backbone of Real Madrid, one of the world's biggest clubs.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me,all players deserve awards, but all can not give...

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Mbappe has already won the youngest player award and FIFA would hardly choose him again as the best player in the World Cup. Maybe, would change the order: Hazard, Modric and Mbappe. Another point is that there is no Silver or Bronze Glove. The highlight was the FIFA Fair Play Trophy for Spain, demonstrating the discipline of the team.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like how he spent this World Cup! I agree!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, I found it a bit exaggerated to receive this award. I thought other players like Hazard, Mbappe, Griezmann and others played more than him.

What do you think about that?
I think that the award was based on a number of factors..the draw, how he performed versus argentina was a massive factor, the size of the country he was representing and the fact that they had made it to the WCF...personally i am glad he won it - Croatia would not have made the final without him for sure..(and im an england fan).

Well done Luka..

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. He's a Human with a capital letter. To spend as much effort as the whole team of Croatia and show a decent final is not able to anyone. Bravo Croatia.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion this was goalkeepers world cup because there were awesome goalkeepers and the award should have been given to one of them

J

Jenya Zemlyanukhin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree . Modric is a great footballer and did a great job but I saw the best candidates in the game