Are You the Best Sports Bettor at CardsChat? (Leaderboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe Debi was that one who spoke something about possible upcoming betting competions etc (which probably dont arrive anytime soon)

I know the forum is looking to enhance the Sports betting section I don't know anything beyond that.

But if there were to be any of that I would bet more activity in this section certainly wouldn't slow down the process :) lol

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm new to all this Semper,,,:) if you were me,how would you present a bet like mine? :rolleyes: I'm a little baffled about the "units",,,, are they considered $1? So my bet would have been 20 units to win 39 units? Plz help,,, :eek:

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A unit is what your base bet is. For example ribby bets 100 a game, that's not 100 units, that's 1 unit. If he bet 50 it would be half a unit, 200 would be 2 units and so on. It's whatever your base bet is.

Here are his examples of how to format your bet..
DAL -6.5, 1.10 units, to win 1 unit
BAL SU, 1 unit to win 1.55 units

The top one is a typical bet where you're juiced 0.1 per dollar. Most people would bet to win 1 unit. The second is a underdog at + money. Most people would bet 1 flat unit because the return would be over a unit.

Probably would be smart to date your pick since you may play a game that doesn't start for days and personally I'd format like this.
1/1/19
Dallas -6.5 -110.
Putting for one unit clutters it up, and isn't needed unless you bet the game over or under and unit, in that case I would formate it like...
Dallas -6.5 -110 for 2 units
It's pretty easy to sum it it, you would lose 220 if you lost, and would win 200 if it won.

If 20 is your base bet, that you typically would do, then that is your unit.
I'm new to all this Semper,,,:) if you were me,how would you present a bet like mine? :rolleyes: I'm a little baffled about the "units",,,, are they considered $1? So my bet would have been 20 units to win 39 units? Plz help,,, :eek:

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't win anything for posting in the other betting thread, I don't see the difference. If anything it would be easier for you, as you could put all your bets in this one centralized location. It could help others also, as it will show who is worth tailing or not. That other thread is a absolute mess with nothing but people blindly saying picks, most of which lose from what I've noticed, and the ones that win are crazy juiced to where it takes 3 wins just to break even on a loss. Having a place with information on a bettors form and consistency like what this thread proposes is something you should be more than happy about. Unfortunately I think it will just be people putting bets, with no insight as to why, with no conversation about the games, just like the other threads. When people lose a bit, they will simply stop posting plays. That's unfortunate because we could be using these threads to exchange angles and key information on games, giving one another feedback on plays and such. Would be useful for everyone.
I believe Debi was that one who spoke something about possible upcoming betting competions etc (which probably dont arrive anytime soon) so yeah until then i guess it's indeed realistic to not take this leaderboard thing too seriously ... :)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
That other thread is a absolute mess with nothing but people blindly saying picks ...
Having a place with information on a bettors form and consistency like what this thread proposes is something you should be more than happy about. Unfortunately I think it will just be people putting bets, with no insight as to why, with no conversation about the games, just like the other threads. When people lose a bit, they will simply stop posting plays. That's unfortunate because we could be using these threads to exchange angles and key information on games, giving one another feedback on plays and such. Would be useful for everyone.

This other thread is indeed mess lol ... i once managed to get some forum quality member to clean it a little bit but nowadays it's probably not going to happen again ... :rolleyes:
I might be happy but i have certain doubts about this thread and honestly apart from Terry no-one has actually explained his bets in this thread... and even he did that afterwards not instantly ...

So i wouldn't surprised if this thread drops to page 2 in this section or so ... :rolleyes:

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly, that what I was saying. People just blindly saying bets, most likely just to keep their club membership active. This could be a very useful tool for us all, a collective of angles and thoughts behind them to give us all advantages over the books. I think most people on here that say bets don't actually bet them, so that aspect of our collective knowledge is meaningless to them. The others just want to look like they are successful at it, until they are proven not to be. Then they leave quietly, and people don't point out anything to them in form of advice, or such. We are wasting what could, and should, be a very valuable tool.
This other thread is indeed mess lol ... i once managed to get some forum quality member to clean it a little bit but nowadays it's probably not going to happen again ... :rolleyes:
I might be happy but i have certain doubts about this thread and honestly apart from Terry no-one has actually explained his bets in this thread... and even he did that afterwards not instantly ...

So i wouldn't surprised if this thread drops to page 2 in this section or so ... :rolleyes:

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly, that what I was saying. People just blindly saying bets, most likely just to keep their club membership active. This could be a very useful tool for us all, a collective of angles and thoughts behind them to give us all advantages over the books. I think most people on here that say bets don't actually bet them, so that aspect of our collective knowledge is meaningless to them. The others just want to look like they are successful at it, until they are proven not to be. Then they leave quietly, and people don't point out anything to them in form of advice, or such. We are wasting what could, and should, be a very valuable tool.

When I started Ribby's NFL Thread a few years back. I did it for fun and to log my progress. It kind of just warped into making picks. I just decided to throw in $20 to the best picker of the thread for the season. Just for shits and giggles not to increase membership.

I would like to be in but I don't really use any online Sportbooks. I guess I could start and try to run it up on this thread. :D Start with $5.00 and see what happens.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You still make the bets though and give your thoughts on it, using a brick and mortar book or a online book is no difference. No need for you to deposit online. If I had a good local, I'd probably mainly use it too.
When I started Ribby's NFL Thread a few years back. I did it for fun and to log my progress. It kind of just warped into making picks. I just decided to throw in $20 to the best picker of the thread for the season. Just for shits and giggles not to increase membership.

I would like to be in but I don't really use any online Sportbooks. I guess I could start and try to run it up on this thread. :D Start with $5.00 and see what happens.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
nit.
Probably would be smart to date your pick since you may play a game that doesn't start for days and personally I'd format like this.
1/1/19

I originally had that but figured with screenshots it might not be needed. I'll probably just re-add it and I don't think screen shots would be 100% needed.

It would just save me time and protect against any fake bets. Not sure how much of a threat this would actually be. But as you mentioned above everyone wants to look good. lol

Dallas -6.5 -110.
Putting for one unit clutters it up, and isn't needed unless you bet the game over or under and unit, in that case I would formate it like...
Dallas -6.5 -110 for 2 units
It's pretty easy to sum it it, you would lose 220 if you lost, and would win 200 if it won.

If 20 is your base bet, that you typically would do, then that is your unit.

I originally had it like this as well but many members use fractions instead of American decimals. So thought risk and to win might be easier as it's universal.

Last edited:
S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It could help others also, as it will show who is worth tailing or not.

Exactly this.

It's just as important to know who is doing good and who to listen to in Sports betting as it is in poker.

I say this as a member and not a moderator but something like this could be the starting point of some sportsbetting version of the poker expert badges. Which would also be useful for the members here.

That other thread is a absolute mess with nothing but people blindly saying picks, most of which lose from what I've noticed, and the ones that win are crazy juiced to where it takes 3 wins just to break even on a loss. Having a place with information on a bettors form and consistency like what this thread proposes is something you should be more than happy about. Unfortunately I think it will just be people putting bets, with no insight as to why, with no conversation about the games, just like the other threads.

What we could do if these types of threads do gain any traction is keep the picks themselves and the insight on the picks in separate threads. It may make both threads easier to read in the long run. I can link the two threads together as well as move conversations posted in the wrong thread to the other.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main issue is what is obvious. Not many want to actually help. They just want to look good. They won't give any insight to leans someone may have, or even go in depth in any for of analysis, hell, they don't even do any analysis for the most part. I don't want to make anyone feel bad, but the majority of everyone here are losing gamblers, and as I said above I suspect many of them don't actually bet the games at all, so they want to avoid anything that actually keeps track of the records because they don't want to look bad. Fact is, if they got over that, and people were helpful and gave insight, they could become good cappers. There is just a lack of any insight in these forums sadly. It blows my mind that people don't want to use things like this to their, and everyone else's advantage, which just makes me suspect they aren't actually betting to begin with. 2 heads are better than one as they say.

I would wager that the majority of people in that other betting thread don't even read other people's posts, they are just trying to inflate their reply count to stay in the free roll club.

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Today in european qualifiers

norway vs Faroes

Haaland to score @1.66 in Unibet

I'm probably putting like standard 5€ on him to score his first ever goal for Norway so let's see how this one goes ... Considering his form then he shouldn't have too much problems finding the net on international level either ...

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today, accumulator x10 bets
$1 x $205.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Today in european qualifiers

Norway vs Faroes

Haaland to score @1.66 in Unibet

I have no idea what norwegians do differently in warm-up but somehow he managed to get injured :damnmate:

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least it happened before the game, always sucks to have a prop on a player and they go out with an injury early in the game.
I have no idea what norwegians do differently in warm-up but somehow he managed to get injured :damnmate:

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I guess i'm going to make three 5€ bets for saturday then ...

European qualifiers:
Croatia vs Slovakia; Croatia -1 AH @1.87
I see that these odds are like riding on typical rollercoaster - up and down ...
And i know that i already presented this tip in that other thread but i guess it's not wrong to make same bet in various bookies if you get better odds lol ...
Anyway story is still the same: although Croatia needs just 1p to secure EURO2020 place then at home surely they aren't going to be worse vs them who they beated 4:0 away right ...

And 2 handball bets from Romania and germany which (curiously) have 9h gap between eachother so it's surely intresting ...

Steaua vs Focsani; over 49.5 goals @1.80
So far this season both sides are moving in identical pace as they both have won 5 and lost 3 of the 9 leaguegames (and they also managed to win 2 and lost 3 of the last 5 matches ...) Still during these 9 leaguegames 7 for hosts and just 2 for visitors went over 49.5 goals ...
Teams have met 14 times so far with Steaua winning 10 and losing just once. And during that time 9 games incl most recent one went over 49.5 goals.

Lübbecke vs Lübeck; over 47.5 goals @1.85
Teams have played 11 leaguegames so far from which they won 4 and lost 4 & 6 respectively.. During these leaguegames 3 for hosts and 6 for visitors went over 47.5 goals ... Lübbecke have won 3 of the 4 h2h games but these matches have been quite lowscoring cause 3 had 42 or less goals in it and this one rare game had 58 ... So it's probably risky but whatever - small overline is still worth a try no matter what ;)

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bet for today's game
European qualifiers: Israel - Poland
Both teams to score and Poland wins @ 5.00 in bwin

Last edited by a moderator:
Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

European qualifiers:

And 2 handball bets from Romania and Germany which (curiously) have 9h gap between eachother so it's surely intresting ...

Steaua vs Focsani; over 49.5 goals @1.80

Lübbecke vs Lübeck; over 47.5 goals @1.85

There like less than 10 minutes until Croatia game so let's see how brilliantly handball bets went ... Putting 5€ on Steaua worked perfectly cause thanks to 61-goal game i won 9€ - if anyone is good in math then he can calculate units himself i gues ...
And these germans ... i have no idea what were wrong with them as there were 47 goals so yeah it's always wonderful to see your bet coming one goal short therefore i salute teams for having several 5+ minute goalless periods lol
:stupido3::motz::bebored: :damnmate::banghead::dontknow:

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tough racket ,so many variables

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Lol I think we should wait to see if there's enough interest and talk about the guidelines before we start posting our bets :p

Who knows though. :)

I will gladly join this leaderboard from the start of ATP and WTA season, January 6, 2020 :top:

this only sport i understand :)

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

European qualifiers:
And 2 handball bets

I guess it was worth to place 5€ on this market cause despite them losing first half they still won game 3:1 so this bet gave me 9.35€ ...
And together with handball bets i basically turned 15€ to 18.35€ - not much forward but yeah what are you going to do if one bet loses cause it came one goal short :rolleyes:

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Send me PMs with post #'s and I'll clean up the threads.

I'll try to show this section of the forum some more love.

What we could do is have members link their betting threads to this thread so I can follow them all. That way members can post in their own individual thread (If they want)

This would allow members to follow individual bettors and it would also promote more activity in this section in general.

I can also link members betting threads in the OP in the leaderboard.

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Send me PMs with post #'s and I'll clean up the threads.

I think i don't even need to send PM cause in this betting tips thread it'd be reasonable to merge all these people's posts together who make 2+ consecutive posts in short time period instead of using "edit" option so yeah last time i reported about it this request was basically ignored lol

E: i also have this over 1.0 first half goals bet (which starts in less than 2h) for today but i'm not sure how to use spoilers lol

Attachments

• 20191117_105734186.jpg
    20191117_105734186.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.
Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars