World Series - Giants vs. Royals

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, I guess the lack of a post until now will serve as a small microcosm that the TV ratings for the World Series will be poor, except for the Kansas City and San Francisco markets. That's too bad because I think those who watch (I will be among them as time allows) will be treated to some really high quality baseball where there's going to be a lot of back and forth, like a chess match between the two teams, specifically the managers, Bruce Bochy and Ned Yost.

I'm not a fan of either team, so I don't really care too much who will win, but this is going to be a closely battled series that can go either way. The Royals have effectively turned this (so far) into 6 inning games, in that if you aren't ahead after 6, you pretty much have little to no chance of winning. The Giants haven't been slouches either with their bullpen but they haven't enjoyed the same notoriety the Royals have.

That said, you have to love Joe Buck's "THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT" call when Travis Ishikawa hit that game winning home run against the Cardinals. He channeled his inner Russ Hodges there, though he only said that phrase once. (Russ Hodges, the former New York Giant radio voice that called perhaps the most famous home run in history when Bobby Thomson hit that famous home run to win the 1951 pennant against Brooklyn against Ralph Branca). I'm a baseball history nut, that's how I know that. That or I was a New York Giant fan in a previous life, which might explain why I own a 1940 replica Mel Ott jersey and a 1936 jersey (no number).

Okay, so maybe I want the Giants to win a little more than I do the Royals, but I hope it's a good series nonetheless.

Any predictions? Or is there just a general apathy about the series and you're either not going to watch it, or you just don't care, or both?

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First games SF 3 KC 0 now.I Love Baseball but prefer Hokey.

I take for SF for fun :).

Last edited:
rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Giants 7-1 Royals (Ian should be happy with that score) ;)
It was not the outcome I thought it would be.
Hopefully the Royals wake up for tonight's game.

B

bigpick76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with me being from st. louis it breaks my heart not to see the cardinals back in the world series but i also love the fact that the royals made it back after nearly a 30 year drought and as i said being from st. louis missouri i have to be a homer and jump on the bandwagon.....GO ROYALS!!

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually I picked the Giants midway thru the regular season now look at them in the World Series and they will probably win it all lol....

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Giants 7-1 Royals (Ian should be happy with that score) ;)
It was not the outcome I thought it would be.
Hopefully the Royals wake up for tonight's game.

Followed the Royals back during their mid 70's thru mid 80's run & see a lot of similarities with this team. Prolly enjoyed the last couple of games, at least the outcome, a bit more than Ian, but, no matter your rooting interest, last nights' game was a fun watch. :)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Royals are playing well and will be no push over - worse luck :(

2-1 down and tonights game is a biggy - Please Vogelsong pitch a blinder get those bats heated up :top:

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a Royals or Giants fan but I think its good for baseball that two wild card teams made it to the world series. I do think that the wild card playoff game should be more than one game. Playing one game for your fate after playing 162 games to get a wild card spot doesn't seem right to me. But I guess there isn't enough time to play more postseason games.

I think that if the Giants can get runs on the starters then they have a better chance as the Royals bullpen seems to be lights out this postseason.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Haven't seen a pitching performance like that in a good long while, wowser.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh ok - have a game 7, lets share some more baseball :D

Go Giants :party:

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope the Royals take it Game 7 and the World Series. The Giants KO'd my Reds a few years ago, and I'm rooting for the underdog in this one! The crazy thing is, the Royals had to win that very exciting Wild Card game vs the A's to play in the ALDS

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hope it's a good one and goes 14 innings. :)

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its all on the line today game 7 nothing better in sports

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sweeps are boring, I was listening to game 6 on the radio while driving and they were saying that a team winning a game 7 on the road hasn't happened since the late 1970's.....

Giants really blew game 6 for sure, now it's winner take all!

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bumgarner is a BOSS! What a gutsy performance on very short rest. Congrats to the Giants for winning their 3rd World Series in 5 years. That is a pretty sick accomplishment.

Last edited:
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:party::party::party::party:​

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bumgarner was ok :p
What a monster he was to the Royals. I really thought they would win it all.
Another great World Series for all fans of the game.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Def thought the Royals had it in the bag after that game 6 win. Congrats to the Giants though, especially the pitching performance put on last night to seal the deal. Fantastic series overall