World cup qualifiers Europe

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the European qualification for the Qatar World Cup, there will be no surprise, all the soccer powers of that continent always end up advancing, they should change the classification format, it is very repetitive and nothing exciting, with thrashing of the small teams that do not contribute anything to The spectacle, it would be good a classification against all as it happens with the World Cup qualification of South America in the conmebol, ten teams playing everything for everything where argentina and brazil are two of the great powers of the world, I hope they will soon change that format in Europe to see a more entertaining tie.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the European qualification for the Qatar World Cup, there will be no surprise, all the soccer powers of that continent always end up advancing, they should change the classification format, it is very repetitive and nothing exciting, with thrashing of the small teams that do not contribute anything to The spectacle, it would be good a classification against all as it happens with the World Cup qualification of South America in the conmebol, ten teams playing everything for everything where Argentina and Brazil are two of the great powers of the world, I hope they will soon change that format in Europe to see a more entertaining tie.
I agree that it is difficult for small teams to qualify. But some are able to take away points and prevent others from making it to the final stage. But there is unlikely to be another format. I'm sure there will be surprises. Countries where football is well developed, sometimes stumble because of excessive self-confidence.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday were played first of the match in some of the groups. The were no so surprises, but one of them is france who struggled against Ukraine and made a draw 1-1.

netherlands lost against Turkey, but here I don't think we can say that this is surprise as the Turkish side now are having very strong team and it expected a close match.

The loss of the vice-champions from 2018 Croatia is a little bit strange, but there are a lot of matches for corrections.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
One thing is certain after first few matches: czechs & belarus just cant defend :cool:

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
World cup qualifiers Europe

Championship of each group, in my opinion:

Group A: Portugal
Group B: Spain
Group C: Italy
Group D: France
Group E: Czech Republic
Group F: Denmark
Group G: Netherlands
Group H: Croatia
Group I: England
Group J: Germany

B

bruno1234poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the groups C and G the most cool to watch.

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Group I: it should be very easy for England...

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turkey is my favourite of all. They rule group G. And even in WC, I believe they will rise highest places since there's no team Turkey won't outplay.

G

Gojszli5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
B,C,D,E and J groups should have clear winners but others are more even up

Group A: Portugal, Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg, Azerbaijan
Group B: Spain, Sweden, Greece, Georgia, Kosovo
Group C: Italy, Switzerland, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria, Lithuania
Group D: France, Ukraine, Finland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kazakhstan
Group E: Belgium, Wales, Czech Republic, Belarus, Estonia
Group F: Denmark, Austria, Scotland, Israel, Faroe Islands, Moldova
Group G: Netherlands, Turkey, Norway, Montenegro, Latvia, Gibraltar
Group H: Croatia, Slovakia, Russia, Slovenia, Cyprus, Malta
Group I: England, Poland, Hungary, Albania, Andorra, San Marino
Group J: Germany, Romania, Iceland, North Macedonia, Armenia, Liechtenstein
The legendary England 3- 6Hungary match will repeat? I hope so! :D

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks. I wasn't sure if it had changed this time. It will for the next one if it's increased to 48!
Anyway, I don't know why they don't just have 13 groups (55 nations, so 10 groups of 4, 3 groups of 5) and winners only qualify. It would reduce the number of qualifiers teams have to play (and thus the number of competitive games, which the "top managers" always seem to be moaning about) and it would also do away with the playoffs, which I've never been a fan of - they mean that every league in Europe has to stop for 2 weeks for the sake of the handful of teams involved (everyone else just plays friendlies during that time).
Then again with FIFA enforcing four 2-week international breaks a season I guess it doesn't matter now, everyone would have to stop during that time anyway. Hence the "UEFA Nations League".

You'll love the playoffs now then! :rolleyes: There's the 10 runners up added to 2 best group winners from the nations league. They are then drawn into a mini playoff tourney in 3 groups of 4, semi final and a final, with the winners getting to the WC!

Complicated enough?? :cool:

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very strict selection always takes place for the World Cup. 13 teams is the limit. I am sure that some top teams will not go to Qatar.
Well, it always happens that one of the favorites does not reach the championship.:rofl:

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Belgium and our Dutch brothers will easily qualify.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll love the playoffs now then! :rolleyes: There's the 10 runners up added to 2 best group winners from the nations league. They are then drawn into a mini playoff tourney in 3 groups of 4, semi final and a final, with the winners getting to the WC!

Complicated enough?? :cool:

wow. I know they had a more complex play-off system for the Euro qualification but it was no-where near as complicated as this!
The thing is I think the nations league is a good idea and could possibly replace the Euros - there's no need for it to be used as a back-door to the playoffs for "proper" tournaments.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, the Netherlands started very badly with a loss in Turkey. It is now going to be very difficult to become 1st in the group

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Unfortunately, the Netherlands started very badly with a loss in Turkey. It is now going to be very difficult to become 1st in the group

And then Turkey is like: "hold my beer" after drawing at home with Latvia lol ...

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to watch football, but it must be clear that the football level of many teams in Europe is very low and that is why there are too many goals, there should be a filter to reduce that type of selections that are only to fill the groups and that The heads of series look like portugal, Spain, Italy, germany, Belgium, etc. They will always happen unless the big team has an incredible drop, but even so if it happens they will have a playoff to play, those European qualifiers are a joke, the same things always happen.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

even if Turkey have some good players for me was a big surprise that victory against Netherlands.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even if Turkey have some good players for me was a big surprise that victory against Netherlands.

it wasn't surprising at all. Today's Netherlands is far from being one of the top team in the world like they were back in the days. Instead Turkey is at their best form and definitely favourite against them. They have young/talented players and they're playing perfect team play. Did you watch Turkey vs France match?

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Grupo J : Alemanha, Romênia, Islândia, Macedônia do Norte, Armênia, Liechtenstein"

Apart from Liechtenstein for being very fragile and Germany for being very strong, I think anyone can come in second here.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Teams like Turkey, Czech Rep. And Denmark have me surprised

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Guess it was definitely about time to see major upset in these qualifiers ...

Germany - Macedonia 1:2 :D

Not too sure when was the last time when some clear favourite lost (at home) ...