World bomb MESSI leaves Barcelona.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder what will be his next destination ?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I wonder what will be his next destination ?

Definitely not England.
Man City already has new number 10 + i doubt Messi even speaks that language

For him it's probably better to make whole squad to speak spanish in P$G lol

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yea, quite a surprise and PSG looks like the most realistic option.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Yea, quite a surprise and PSG looks like the most realistic option.

In that case unrealistic option would be Messi to join Cardchat and become world's greatest and/or most expensive poker player :hmmmm2:

But then again in that case (wannabe) english teachers here could scare him off within' the matter of minutes :bebored:

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
With the exception of the Barcelona fans, this is excellent news for all football lovers. It will be really cool to follow Messi's journey in his new team.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its about time barcelona is no that great time to find the next star to lead them

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's surprising how many of the 'big' teams are struggling financially.

czapa11

czapa11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's surprising how many of the 'big' teams are struggling financially.
Exactly. It is very strange, that just pandemic begun and they don't have money to survive. They should pay much more for transfers and footballer's payroll and it will not be suprising for them. :p What a joke.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
End of an era. Difficult times coming up for Barca. I see him playing in Europe only for PSG, which on 99% is his next club.

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Details of Messi's transfer to PSG: salary of 25-35 million per year, purchase of Pogba on pause, Mbappe and Neymar are safe

MC_asp

MC_asp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been a huge fan of Messi over the years and have watched many matches live to enjoy his incredible talent.

However, he does disappoint me now. He speaks in his press conference about club love and is very disappointed that he cannot sign a new contract due to the shortage of finances. But why didn't he ask what Barcelona could spend on him or why wasn't the salary spread out over 30 years? His bank account is overflowing with money so he doesn't have to do it for that anymore.

The newspapers now write that he will leave for P$G for a sky-high salary.

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think also PSG. france competition will be boring i think, PSG champion already in march.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a big surprise for me. I was 99% sure that he would play for Barcelona until the end of his career. but realities change very often in the world. now everyone is sure that the next club is PSG. but it would be more interesting for me to see him in the Premier League, Manchester City or Chelsea.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he ends up in PSG too. The news has been that he traveled to Paris on Sunday for a medical examination and trial.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted him to stay at Barcelona, but he really deserves a more competitive team in his last years as a professional... sad.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm really excited to see him at PSG, it's been really long since he doesn't have quality players around him and I think him and Neymar will be even better than they were at Barcelona.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been a huge fan of Messi over the years and have watched many matches live to enjoy his incredible talent.

However, he does disappoint me now. He speaks in his press conference about club love and is very disappointed that he cannot sign a new contract due to the shortage of finances. But why didn't he ask what Barcelona could spend on him or why wasn't the salary spread out over 30 years? His bank account is overflowing with money so he doesn't have to do it for that anymore.

The newspapers now write that he will leave for P$G for a sky-high salary.

He couldn't sign a new contract with Barcelona, even if it was for free (which I think it'd be ridiculous if he had to sign it anyway). Barcelona without Messi is already spending more money on salary than La Liga allows so they can't make any new contracts until they solve this problem. Only if they had dismissed 4 key players they'd be able to sign Messi, which the president didn't think was a good idea. (That's the justification I've found online, these informations might not be 100% accurate).

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I also think his next football club will be PSG.The french team is eager to win the Champions League and with Messi it will become a stronger squad.The Premier League would have been the best choice.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
He couldn't sign a new contract with Barcelona, even if it was for free (which I think it'd be ridiculous if he had to sign it anyway). Barcelona without Messi is already spending more money on salary than La Liga allows so they can't make any new contracts until they solve this problem. Only if they had dismissed 4 key players they'd be able to sign Messi, which the president didn't think was a good idea. (That's the justification I've found online, these informations might not be 100% accurate).
Messi said he offered to reduce his salary by 50%. But as you mentioned, he couldn't even have been able to play for free (unless they would have gotten rid of other players).

Unbelievable story. A football club as big as Barcelona in such a dire financial situation (some estimates the debt is around €1.2bn). I don't understand why they kept Josep Maria Bartomeu for so long.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It had to happen someday. It will be interesting to see him in another championship.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want Messi to go to Juventus and play with Cristiano Ronaldo.