Will the Tampa bay Buccaneers make the playoffs?

P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will the Tampa Bay Buccaneers make the playoffs this season?

damkoMTK

damkoMTK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing is impossible but the New Orleans is still strong team and favorite to win in NFC South

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tampa Bay

Hard to say at this point but with Brady at the helm & Gronk with him they sure should have a good chance to make the playoffs IF there is a full football season? Here's hoping there will be a full season.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the biggest thing for me this season will be how Brady looks as a QB. The past few seasons he’s gotten by with a ton of 5 yard dump offs to RB’s and Edelman which has essentially been the patriots offense. It’s hard for me to imagine those same plays with huge weapons like Godwin, Evans and Gronk. I think we will see if he truly still has it.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Likely ,adding brady ,gronk the chances are really good with what they have already

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think so because the team is preparing for this, and a good team and has competence for this!

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
from my experience, whenever the Bucs are expected to do well (usually after a solid season the year before) it goes spectacularly wrong. But they've never had Tom Brady before so who knows

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
third best team in divison

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They have explosive wide receivers and should improve with Brady at the helm. Their defense needs to step up and they have a glaring weakness in the kicking game that must be solved for them to make the playoffs. They should be one or two years from going deep into the playoffs, but how long will Brady play? Everything has to click soon or fall apart.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing is impossible but the New Orleans is still strong team and favorite to win in NFC South

Yes, I agree. It might actually take winning the division to make the playoffs, as the NFC West has THREE teams that are playoff caliber, though with that kind of competition within that division, and let's say they all split their matchups with each other, one or two of those teams may be out of luck. There's still Minnesota and Green Bay in the North as well as solid playoff caliber teams, and Dallas and Philadelphia in the NFC East.

If you had to lay money on their making the playoffs, I'd lean towards betting NO, at least for this year, as it might take a season for things to begin to gel. BUT, it still is Tom Brady, and Bruce Arians is an excellent coach, so you can't count them out.

Hard to say at this point but with Brady at the helm & Gronk with him they sure should have a good chance to make the playoffs IF there is a full football season? Here's hoping there will be a full season.

Hopefully there will be ANY kind of season at all, as recent talks seem to put a damper on a season. I really hope I'm wrong, but with Ezekiel Elliott among others testing positive for COVID-19, that's NOT a good sign. Factor in that there are a lot of older coaches (Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid, Vic Fangio in Denver among others), those guys are also higher risk given their age (Carroll and Belichick are the two oldest head-coaches in the NFL), and that doesn't even begin to cover assistant coaches who are also older.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see how they don't make the playoffs. They have way too much fire power on offense.

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The NFC is very strong, I see the Saints winning the division with Tampa competing with Green Bay,Seattle,Philadelphia for the wildcard. If there is a season it should be a dogfight to see if Tampa makes the playoffs but I’m leaning no

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well not sure if they will win there division but THE CITY OF TAMPA and all of us in southwest florida are winning just having brady and cronk here should be a interesting season goooooooooo bucs

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the biggest thing for me this season will be how Brady looks as a QB. The past few seasons he’s gotten by with a ton of 5 yard dump offs to RB’s and Edelman which has essentially been the patriots offense. It’s hard for me to imagine those same plays with huge weapons like Godwin, Evans and Gronk. I think we will see if he truly still has it.
I see it as dumping the ball off to these weapons and letting them be athletes and in doing so you don't run as high of a risk to turn the ball over which which is what Brady is good at and was the Buc's problem last year, and they will go far. Brady is one of the smartest QB's of all time and I see him making the Buc's a lot better and competing with the Saints for the division title barring a few major injuries. Just my two cent and I am a Falcons fan. :icon_pale

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wouldn't be surprised to see Tampa win the division now. The Saints are a good team so getting past them will be no small task, but I still think Tampa has a good shot at the division.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes they will. They've added talent not talking gronk. They will limp into a wild card...from there who knows but they will make the playoffs

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I think that if I saw little they go very well

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a fan of theirs but I would have to say yes. They were 7-9 last year with Winston at QB and threw 31 INTS. Brady physical attributes are definatley on the decline but that dont mean he has forgot how to play football, he is getting 2 top recievers on this team and now they also have Gronk in that mix. Not sure TB has the best Oline, but Brady is definatly good enough to overcome weakness at that. He has a very quick release, can read defenses better than anyone in the league. Another factor is defense, I do believe they have a better than average defense. With Brady leading the offense, they will spend less time on the field, not be put in horrible situations because of stupid turnovers, and will also have more confidance as a result of knoing if they do their job, Brady will return the favor. I am pretty sure they lost more than a few games last year by 7 points or less, again a horrible result of turnovers. It will be fun to see how Tom does in TB this year. He is already the GOAT, but if he gets another ring....just wow.

PatValShark

PatValShark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brady and Gronk Swan Song or Songs, not impossible this and next season if they choose. Heart is the strongest muscle in body and sport and those guys got the biggest out there, and a little thing called experienced talent( in a near 50% team,hmmmm)

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not in this year NFC South

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not in this year NFC South
If not who you got in the NFC South that you are certain that they won't make the playoffs? Look at the weapons they had last year on offense and now you add Brady and Gronk, they look pretty similar to the Chiefs if you ask me minus the athletic quarterback, but at the end of the day that quarterback is still Tom F. Brady.

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only will the make the playoffs they are going to win the Superbowl. they have the GOAT at quarterback he's going to take them to the promise land!!

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If not who you got in the NFC South that you are certain that they won't make the playoffs? Look at the weapons they had last year on offense and now you add Brady and Gronk, they look pretty similar to the Chiefs if you ask me minus the athletic quarterback, but at the end of the day that quarterback is still Tom F. Brady.

Brady will finally be unmasked by the entire world as the system product he is.
At the end of the day, the best unit in this Tampa team still their defense

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the of the day, the best unit in this Tampa team still their defense
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Lol, stick to your own style of football bud, do you even watch American Football because that comment is ludicrous. Brady a system QB? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I can't stand Brady, Belichick, or the Patriots but I have to give credit where credit is due and they are probably the best Coach and QB combo of all time. We'll see how Brady compares to the QB he is replacing and how his backup in New England fares in that same system that he was a product of. :rolleyes:

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Lol, stick to your own style of football bud, do you even watch American Football because that comment is ludicrous. Brady a system QB? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I can't stand Brady, Belichick, or the Patriots but I have to give credit where credit is due and they are probably the best Coach and QB combo of all time. We'll see how Brady compares to the QB he is replacing and how his backup in New England fares in that same system that he was a product of. :rolleyes:

When Cam and the Pats defense reachs one more AFCCG and the Tampa just gets a 6-10 season we talk again about who doesnt even watch the game.