S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Big surprise, they cruised through the SEC and SEC tourney.... Look at their draw, they play in the weakest region with Kansas the worst #2 seed. The selection committee wants KY 38-0 headed to the final 4!

Well I wouldn't say they want them to go undefeated or if they do they were very tricky about it because they previously had Wisconsin in their division in the #2 slot and Wisconsin wasn't even close to being the worst #2 as I think they proved by moving to the #1 slot.

Also it is more dependent on region of the team then the best or worst #1 or #2 since they want the games to be in areas where fans will come up to see the game.

Frank Burnette

Frank Burnette

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This Kentucky team will very likely go undefeated. It's been a while since a team has been this dominant. I know they had the 2 overtime games in early January against Ole Miss and A&M, but that seemed like just a middle of the season lull for them. I'd put a few dollars on Kentucky to win it all. In fact, I'm sure I will.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This may be me hating on success but they won't go undefeated. I also happen to have odds on my side by saying this but Kentucky has struggled quite a few times against teams worse then what Kentucky will be facing in the elite 8. Including a game recently I can't remember who it was at the moment but the score wasn't indicative to the game.

Kentucky reminds me of Florida State in football, keeps getting out of close calls. Except Kentucky is much better then Florida State which is hard to compare two different sports.

Plus as I said B1G 10 FTW

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people are mentioning Notre Dame, I agree they could take Kentucky down. I think the SEC wasn't the challenge that the big dance will provide to knock the Wildcats off their pedestal. No way they go undefeated, maybe next year.

L

lscwin1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I picked em to take it down against Villanova...

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This may be me hating on success but they won't go undefeated. I also happen to have odds on my side by saying this but Kentucky has struggled quite a few times against teams worse then what Kentucky will be facing in the elite 8. Including a game recently I can't remember who it was at the moment but the score wasn't indicative to the game.

Kentucky reminds me of Florida State in football, keeps getting out of close calls. Except Kentucky is much better then Florida State which is hard to compare two different sports.

Plus as I said B1G 10 FTW

I think what has made the close calls is:Kentucky is Kentucky.Just like Duke is Duke.Any team that plays them are going to give it everything(especially in hopes to knock off a number 1 team) trying to beat them.Kentucky prob had a bad offensive night shooting but their defense kept them in the game to pull out a win.This team is no doubt the best talented team in the NCAA this year.If someone beats them it is going to have to be a perfect game.If Kentucky is having a perfect game also they are no beating them.

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goooo Wildcats make some history 1976 Indiana team only other team to do it.Kentucky has been my favourite college b -ball team since I was a kid so I'm rooting for them....scorp

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
saw my first NCAA tourney game live today (Ga vs Mich St). it was as good in person as it appeared on tv. If you ever get the chance to attend a game, I highly recommend it.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
36-0

Up against West Virginia in the Sweet 16 next. They aren't pushovers, but they aren't as high of a caliber team as Kentucky.

I'm guessing they will win by 15+

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume all non-Kentucky fans are hoping the WVU press can turnover KY repeatedly. I've never rooted for a Bob Huggins team but I will be Thursday night!

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
36 -0 four to go take it one game at a time and take no opponent lightly....scorp

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
lotta talk from WVU going into tonight's game. Should be interesting.

M

Mheat2013

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No undefeated season for Kentucky Duke will win it all

B

braveboat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, Kentucky just has all the pieces, don't they? I just don't see anyone being able to exploit whatever weakness they might think Kentucky might have. At 37-0, if a weakness hasn't been identified, I'm not sure why anyone thinks it might be discovered now.

What can totally happen, though, is that Kentucky just has a bad game. That happens, but man - it hasn't happened yet.

Kentucky remaining undefeated? Yeah. I think they remain so.

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
squeaker Notre Dame gave them all they could handle 38 - 0 ......scorp

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
notre dame gave them a great game. Played almost perfect.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
38-0

That game was soooo amazing to witness!

Wow, what a game! I can't help but laugh @ those who say college basketball (especially the NCAA tournament) isn't as high caliber, action packed & as exciting to watch as the NBA.
IMO, they honestly, are just haters.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
38-0

Wow, what a game! I can't help but laugh @ those who say college basketball (especially the NCAA tournament) isn't as high caliber, action packed & as exciting to watch as the NBA.

I meant to add that Wisconsin is a beast of a team. They also have a lot of length & great shooters. A lot of people have been saying that they are the team that can really beat Kentucky.

We will see in the Final 4

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
38-0

I agree with you Suited Frenzy.College sports are better. They play with heart & a will to win for their team, coach and fans.

DaPirate

DaPirate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final 4 tomorrow and the top game has to be KY vs Wisconsin game. IMO who ever comes out of this battle, wins the title. Guess the big question is, will the freshmen of KY crack under the pressure this time as they haven't in the past?

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Final 4 tomorrow and the top game has to be KY vs Wisconsin game. IMO who ever comes out of this battle, wins the title. Guess the big question is, will the freshmen of KY crack under the pressure this time as they haven't in the past?

Believe it or not, those freshman have been playing like well educated on the court seniors. If they choke, it will def be because of the ongoing undefeated season pressures.

They have a LOT to lose & they know that. It will be interesting to see how they step up to these pressures & execute their talents on the court.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it appears not. It was close for most of the game, until the last few minutes.

D

DriftwoodKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wisconsin played a great game. comeback in late 2nd half to win going away

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts