Who is the best soccer player of all time?

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
It is difficult to compare players from different eras and positions . But today it is without a doubt Messi. His dribbling, passing, vision on the field is great !

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Firstly its football, not soccer.

Yeah, in portuguese we say futebol, with a nearly pronounce of "football".
But Americans disagree with you. :laugh: I just used soccer to avoid confusion with american football, which I love too, by the way.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But Americans disagree with you. :laugh: I just used soccer to avoid confusion with american football, which I love too, by the way.
Let them be confused. They name their sport American football when most of the activity is with the hands, not the feet. :p

IronHaji1989

IronHaji1989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's actually very easy to compare players from different time periods.

The competition is at a higher level now than it was 10, 20, 25 years ago.

The best player in the world is Cristiano Ronaldo without a doubt.

But again, there are so many great players it's ridiculous.

N

Neboja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think both Ronaldo and Messi are legend

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the whole world knows Pele and Maradona. as well as Messi and Ronaldo. I want to the best were as following.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's hard to make a fair comparison of players from different time periods.

Among those who are currently playing, I do prefer messi, can not even compare to Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi is much better.

Cristiano Ronaldo is a goalscorer and very dedicated, but messi is by far the best

O

OpiumSLB

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pele is a fraud. He never played in europe. We all know how bad brazilian defenders are nowadays in brazilan league so we can imagine how bad they were while pele was playing there.
Yes he got 3 world cups its true but anyone knows how many world cup games he has?go check it out and you'll be surprise.
More, in 66 in england he played against one of the best players all time, eusebio from portugal, and pele did nothing against portuguese team. brazil lost that game and they did not went throw the group stage.
For me in 20 century maradona is the best leaving the podium for eusebio and pele.
In 21 century we have messi, cristiano ronaldo and ronaldo the beast.

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me RONALDINHO is the best player of all time...

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pele is a fraud. He never played in europe. We all know how bad brazilian defenders are nowadays in brazilan league so we can imagine how bad they were while pele was playing there.
Yes he got 3 world cups its true but anyone knows how many world cup games he has?go check it out and you'll be surprise.
More, in 66 in england he played against one of the best players all time, eusebio from Portugal, and pele did nothing against portuguese team. Brazil lost that game and they did not went throw the group stage.
For me in 20 century maradona is the best leaving the podium for eusebio and pele.
In 21 century we have messi, cristiano ronaldo and ronaldo the beast.

That left me speechless. Total rubbish imo.

A fraud and only 3 world cups???? How many world cups have Messi or fake Ronaldo won?

We are talking 40-50 years ago, players didn't travel from south America to Europe to play. Pitchs were far worse and defenders were harder.

Agree about Eusebio though, Maradona will never get total respect fron England fans.

O

OpiumSLB

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That left me speechless. Total rubbish imo.

A fraud and only 3 world cups???? How many world cups have Messi or fake Ronaldo won?

We are talking 40-50 years ago, players didn't travel from south America to Europe to play. Pitchs were far worse and defenders were harder.

Agree about Eusebio though, Maradona will never get total respect fron England fans.

3 world cups cause he had the best players by his side. Garrincha was great. Pele was good but not the greatest all time. And for me is a fraud cause everytime FIFA says he is the best they talk about the 3 world cups and he is not even on the players with 15 ore more games altough he played in 4 tournaments where there were no subs. Thats why i put him only in podium with maradona and eusebio

S

Spy112233

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best player of the history of football is Lionel Messi.Pele never played in Europe.In Europe the strongest known in the world championships.In Europe playing the best teams in the world.Therefore, he would not have scored so many goals in Europe, scoring for Santos playing with amateur teams.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By far the greatest soccer player ever is PELE says Playful:rolleyes:

christiancjs

christiancjs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For my opinion the best of the all history is Lionel Messi... He is amazing!

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:) Puskás Öcsi.Lionel Messi.they are the best

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I consider the World Cups as most important when choosing the best ever football player! A lot of players like Messi and C.Ronaldo are sucessfull with their clubs, but how much World titles they have: 0!
So, I have to confirm: Pele is the best!

kidmeister

kidmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you ask any Manchester United fan of a certain age they'd all say Duncan Edwards! Big Dunc was a man mountain and was destined to be the future United and England captain but we were robbed after the Munich aircrash

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
If you ask any Manchester United fan of a certain age they'd all say Duncan Edwards! Big Dunc was a man mountain and was destined to be the future United and England captain but we were robbed after the Munich aircrash

The aircraft accident, after the match against Crvena Zvezda - a real disaster ...

kidmeister

kidmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the crash took a generation of players destined for greatness, and they say Duncan Edwards was the best of the lot. If you see the career of Sir Bobby Charlton, he basically won the lot, and even he acknowledges him as the better player