Who is the best soccer player of all time?

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

This is a question that generates endless discussions. Many say Pele or Maradona. Others say Puskas, Messi, Zidane or Beckenbauer. My personal vote goes to Pelé. (Sorry, Argentine "hermanos". :) )

Dribbling like Messi, heading the ball like Cristiano Ronaldo, the game vision of Maradona, Ronaldo's speed, a mortal penalty kicker, the strength of a true athlete and a powerful kick. All in one player.

And besides that, still have the main records of football.

You can see some of his skills in this video. Just a genius.

What is your opinion?

Last edited:
partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me is C. Ronaldo but for sure there are lots of others with good performances like messi, neymar and so on, not to say about older generations when football players where real stars for good and build their reputation on the football field not in some shity sort of comercials or other stupid stuff that have nothing in common with the sport that they practice

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me is C. Ronaldo but for sure there are lots of others with good performances like messi, neymar and so on, not to say about older generations when football players where real stars for good and build their reputation on the football field not in some shity sort of comercials or other stupid stuff that have nothing in common with the sport that they practice

I agree with you in the sense that today players think first in the money. Pelé played his entire career at Santos , brazil team . He never played in European teams and never got rich , which would be impossible today. Probably he would left Brazil 17 years old and played in Barcelona, Real Madri, Juventus or Manchester.

I never saw him playing alive, but for luck we have youtube today, and we can watch legendary players doing his magic. :)

D

DonaDona69

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He is also my choice. When you look into his backstory and the things he does for charity and his fans are incredible. I forgive him that he can be a crybaby at times.

fletch92

fletch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's impossible to compare the players that played in different times. I am Bayern fan so (other than Bayern players) for me the best today is Messi cause of his ability to score on his own and raw talent that he has. Ronaldo worked hard to get where he is today but I think that Real's style of play is intended just to get the ball to Ronaldo.

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it was fat ronaldo but he had a tough career. blessed with amazing dribbling, speed and finishing he was the most dangerous player in the final third and that's way better than anyone who you would compare him with. messi is also an extraordinary one, without a doubt and so was ronaldinho

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Messi for me all day long, best player I saw play in person was George Best.

PS It's called football NOT soccer :)

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it was fat ronaldo but he had a tough career. blessed with amazing dribbling, speed and finishing he was the most dangerous player in the final third and that's way better than anyone who you would compare him with. messi is also an extraordinary one, without a doubt and so was ronaldinho
+1 for the chubby ronaldo

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
dundo84

dundo84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's Nistelrooy, he had that feeling for the goal and was an excellent finisher.

gustavo2104

gustavo2104

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not Cristiano Ronaldo, difficult choice between Pele, Maradona y Messi

D

Diesss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best national team player: Pele
Best club player: Messi

psyho26

psyho26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the best of all times and peoples is of Cristiano Ronaldo

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either Pelé or Messi, but both are from such different eras that it's hard to compare and pick a winner.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CR7 is a joke. His teams often play better without him on the field. Pretty sure france is European champion without his injury in the final.

Today the best player is Messi without a doubt. Maradona had more impact on his national team, though. Pelé played at a time when defences were so bad it's hard to compare.

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would pick Zidane over Ronaldo any day.
Messi and Pele are a coin flip for me as best ever.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firstly its football, not soccer.

Secondly its a team sport, and in that team you have a goalkeeper, then a mix of defenders, midfielders and strikers.

Of course it doesnt surprise me one bit that nobody has mentioned keepers or defenders, however my answers to each of the positions would be as follows, though only considering my generation or players I have seen a decent amount of footage of.

Keeper: Schmeichel (Denmark)
Defender: Maldini (Italy)
Midield: Zidane (France)
Forward: Ronaldo (Brazil), Messi (argentina) or Eusebio (portugal)

T

Tiniacos

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This is a question that generates endless discussions. Many say Pele or Maradona. Others say Puskas, Messi, Zidane or Beckenbauer. My personal vote goes to Pelé. (Sorry, Argentine "hermanos". :) )

Dribbling like Messi, heading the ball like Cristiano Ronaldo, the game vision of Maradona, Ronaldo's speed, a mortal penalty kicker, the strength of a true athlete and a powerful kick. All in one player.

And besides that, still have the main records of football.

You can see some of his skills in this video. Just a genius.

What is your opinion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyeh8fuf1_g

obviusly PELÈ thats all!