we already have the confirmation of the European football super league. The question

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We certainly do when talking about Tottenham!

You're right, budgets/wealth are all that seems to matter in today's game. It's a shame.
Yes, and thats just sad. I mean almost every team in Europe is bigger than Spurs, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea.
Take for exemple, Ajax, Porto, Benefica, theyve all won more UCLs than 4 of the big six. It is like when u add Murray with his 3 Slams to Federrer, Nadal and Djoko just for the sake of adding a Brit to the mix.
RedStar, Forrest, Celtic, Bucharest, Hamburg, BVB, PSV, Villa, Feynoord have won as much titles as Chelsea, so for me, there is a big five in England, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Forrest, Villa.
There is no doubt that Ajax is the best team in Europe titles / Budget ratio ratio.

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Super League fell apart because it didn't have a single answer to tough questions. Instead of a strategy - a poster with a promise of happiness

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ESL would have completely changed football and how we view it as fans , plus i think if those super games were weekly , we will eventually get bored of them and sensation we got while waiting for such game to happen once or twice a year would eventually disappear .
The ESL was a good strategy to pressure the UEFA to increase the clubs revenues from UCL which was apparently achieved .

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is funny. Pandemic accelerates natural processes, makes things happen faster. For example, distant education and work. And now this separatism in a football, I remember rumors about it for 20 years. Well, lets enjoy the show.
I heard that JP Morgan US bank is ready to finance this rebel with $4.6 billion. I just googled this bank was saved by US people back in 2008 with $12 billion. Pathetic robbers.
Also an hour ago I heard that Abramovich (owner of Chelsea FC) already got scared and changed his mind. So as Man City.

sorry, just thought of another thing the pandemic has accelerated in English football - 9 or even all 10 games being played at separate times and televised. There were no top division games at 3pm today.
Over the previous couple of decades they were showing more and more live games (plus more matches had to be put back a day if one of the teams involved had played in the Europa on Thursday night, which again is for TV) so another few years this would have happened anyway, but they've used the fact that they're playing to empty stadiums to make it happen now. Don't expect the volume of live games to change when (or if!) things are back to normal and crowds are allowed in again. This is here to stay

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So this "Superleague" project lasted for less than 48 hours eventually.

middle73

middle73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last 2 south-american clubs in your list are NEVER joining any european competion btw ...
As for Bayern-Dortmund-PSG then hopefully they dont change their negative mindset about this so-called super league ...

Anything can be. Let's see how strong they are in front of show business.:)

middle73

middle73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that Super League is a bad idea and Iam against it... but lets see what happens...
have a nice day:)