we already have the confirmation of the European football super league. The question

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, Bayern Munich, PSG, Borussia Dortmund, Flamengo and Boca juniors are missing. I think that they are the largest in the world for me in addition to those that are already on the official list.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
For me, Bayern Munich, PSG, Borussia Dortmund, Flamengo and Boca juniors are missing. I think that they are the largest in the world for me in addition to those that are already on the official list.

Last 2 south-american clubs in your list are NEVER joining any european competion btw ...
As for Bayern-Dortmund-PSG then hopefully they dont change their negative mindset about this so-called super league ...

B

blun777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they have made the right decision in not to join the Super League

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, today we witnessed the death of football as we know it, freaking oligarch took over everything thats beautiful in the game and turned it into something ugly. I do want my team to win every game and every trophee and to have a stable income and not been in debt, but life as we know it has its own vision on how things are and should be, without rel/prom football isnt fun, isnt beautiful, doesnt have its a taste, I do want to see Man UTD against Barca twice a year, I also want to see Barca against Wolves, Montpellier, Ajax. I do want to see small teams achieve miracles and beat Madrid, thats the beauty of football.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
peaceofcoke, Ajax have won 4 European Cups (including 3 in a row, a feat only 2 other clubs have accomplised), brought us Johan Cruyff, Marco Van Basten, and introduced total football at club level. The fact that you're talking about them as if they're a small club shows what the so called "champions league" has done to the game already.

IzzyMoreno

IzzyMoreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These 12 confirmed teams have been used to being among the top places for years from their national leagues. With so many strong teams, it will also be unusual for many to be at the bottom of a table. The reputation can also suffer very quickly then.

B

bla1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they have made the right decision in not to join the Super League
And win the rest of the Champions League since there is no rivals. Like Real did at the beginning of Champions League because there were only 2 professional clubs, one of them Real.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And win the rest of the Champions League since there is no rivals. Like Real did at the beginning of Champions League because there were only 2 professional clubs, one of them Real.

Were there really only 2 professional clubs in the early days of the European Cup? English football's been professional since the 1880s and Scotland not long after that. I know Chelsea should have competed in the first one but the Football League wouldn't let them. Man Utd competed after that, against the Football League's wishes (they did what they wanted to even back then!) - would the rest of Europe have still been amateur apart from Spain? I'd have thought at least Italy would have been professional too by then.

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And where is this world going? Is it really a super league for the giants? That is, words about equality and other things are empty words of hypocrites? Well, I hope FIFA and UEFA will really exclude all participants of this league from all other tournaments, including national championships. The Champions League, the UEFA Cup, the Copa Libertadores and the South American Cup-for many years, united football teams from all over the world and created a holiday called football. The World Championships-it was just a celebration!:thumpdown

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These 12 confirmed teams have been used to being among the top places for years from their national leagues. With so many strong teams, it will also be unusual for many to be at the bottom of a table. The reputation can also suffer very quickly then.
These 12 teams are going into crazy debt, buying up good players. And now they don't know how to get out of this hole. Not only do they spoil a large number of young players because of their ambitions, but now they are also bringing confusion to the football world.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Building the Super League is the right decision. Let's see what happens next

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's strange to watch the furor which that announcement generated. First, this is hardly the first time such a league has been proposed.

Second, people are in denial with what has been going on in the Premier League over the last few decades. Of the six Premier League teams signing on to the super league, 5 are owned by foreign entities with the other majority owned by a Brit no longer domiciled in the UK.

It is the league which spins the most money in terms of global football and the billionaire owners are not concerned about the fans in any meaningful sense. I am an ex Arsenal fan and Stan Kroenke the owner is based in the States and barely attends a game.

I love the Champions League and do not want to see it diminished but football in most European countries (particularly the UK) sold it soul years ago. The fans just want to keep thinking the club somehow belongs to them but that has not been the case for years.

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that Super League is a bad idea and Iam against it... but lets see what happens...
have a nice day

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Building the Super League is the right decision. Let's see what happens next

I think that Super League is a bad idea and Iam against it... but lets see what happens...
have a nice day

Abandonment happens next. Allegedly Chelsea, City, Atletico & Barca have decided to back off from this senile old man plans (Real Madrid president)

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is funny. Pandemic accelerates natural processes, makes things happen faster. For example, distant education and work. And now this separatism in a football, I remember rumors about it for 20 years. Well, lets enjoy the show.
I heard that JP Morgan US bank is ready to finance this rebel with $4.6 billion. I just googled this bank was saved by US people back in 2008 with $12 billion. Pathetic robbers.
Also an hour ago I heard that Abramovich (owner of Chelsea FC) already got scared and changed his mind. So as Man City.

Last edited:
B

bla1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Were there really only 2 professional clubs in the early days of the European Cup? English football's been professional since the 1880s and Scotland not long after that. I know Chelsea should have competed in the first one but the Football League wouldn't let them. Man Utd competed after that, against the Football League's wishes (they did what they wanted to even back then!) - would the rest of Europe have still been amateur apart from Spain? I'd have thought at least Italy would have been professional too by then.
I meant first 5 seasons. All other Europe tried to recover their countries.

These 12 teams are going into crazy debt, buying up good players. And now they don't know how to get out of this hole.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. Especially about Real. Ironically today president of Real has said the same but by the other words, in polite blurry way.

Last edited:
D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is funny. Pandemic accelerates natural processes, makes things happen faster. For example, distant education and work. And now this separatism in a football, I remember rumors about it for 20 years. Well, lets enjoy the show.
I heard that JP Morgan US bank is ready to finance this rebel with $4.6 billion. I just googled this bank was saved by US people back in 2008 with $12 billion. Pathetic robbers.
Also an hour ago I heard that Abramovich (owner of Chelsea FC) already got scared and changed his mind. So as Man City.

excellent point. Here in England, in addition to the things you mention above, the high street, which was already struggling, is in an even worse predicament with internet shopping taking over even more than it already was in 2019, with even grocery shopping online becoming more popular.
And in our football, this season, FA Cup Replays were scrapped for all rounds, and the League Cup Semi-Final was a one off game rather than 2 legged. Both of which were on their way to happening a few years down the line, but like you say, the pandemic has accelerated everything.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
peaceofcoke, Ajax have won 4 European Cups (including 3 in a row, a feat only 2 other clubs have accomplised), brought us Johan Cruyff, Marco Van Basten, and introduced total football at club level. The fact that you're talking about them as if they're a small club shows what the so called "champions league" has done to the game already.
I was referring to budgets man, not history. When u say the big six in England u refer to budgets not achievements

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Real Madrid was backed by a fascist dictator, thats why they won it. Real Madrid is the brain child of General Franco, without him Real would be another Spanish team.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Abandonment happens next. Allegedly Chelsea, City, Atletico & Barca have decided to back off from this senile old man plans (Real Madrid president)
Well Barca wasnt bound by any contract, there was a clause stating that Barca can join only when the socios vote for it, which we all know can never happen, even if the president can do that solely, Laporta choosed not to, because he knew what kind of $#!T Bartomeu left him with. So Barca was in only because of the previous @$$hole. As for the other clubs that have private owners, well they will do whats necessary to keep milking the cow.
Real Madrid and Barca are the only clubs in that list owned by socios, I am 100% sure that barca socios wont vote it in, but I am appaled that Real Madrid decided on it, I am pretty sure that its socios wont vote it in, but Perez has the power to vote it without returning to its socios.

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks like a lot of people will be out of work for trying to revolutionize football.:dontknow:

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's all over) very quickly

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rue25b0eacf4c.jpg

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was referring to budgets man, not history. When u say the big six in England u refer to budgets not achievements

We certainly do when talking about Tottenham!

You're right, budgets/wealth are all that seems to matter in today's game. It's a shame.