Vince Carter announces retirement after 22-year NBA career

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Legendary basketball player and an amazing 22-year run. I'm surprised he was still even playing lol

Some athletes just shatter the average career length and it underscores how many more must have shorter than average careers to balance. 22 years in almost any competitive sport is a very long career!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Off course, in addition to the clutch shots, some numbers:

22 seasons
25,728 points (19th)
6,606 rebounds
4,714 assists
1,530 steals
888 blocks
2,290 3 pointers (6th)
8x All Star
2x All NBA
1999 NBA Rookie of the Year
2000 NBA Dunk Contest champ
Only player to play in 4 different decades
Gold medal on Sydney 2000 Olympic Games

The only NBA player to play that many seasons. Remarkable career, and helped with the growth of Basketball in canada for sure.

The Rapters should retire his jersey as he brought basketball to the forefront in Canada with his amazing play,,,a first ballot Hall of Famer. Luv ya Vince!! :adore:

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Raptors retire his jersey. 5 guys have worn 15 since, but now that his career is over, the organization may decide to pull that number out of circulation for new players coming in.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
22 seasons is just an amazing feat for any player in almost any sport but basketball does take a lot of physical abuse on the body over the years. I have to tip my hat to him and wish him the best of luck in life,

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Amazing player <3 For sure he will be missed.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, he wasn't playing for a strong team, it was always the middle team or worse. We'll never know what would have happened if he had played for such a team. After all, he was a great player and deserves great respect. And his dunks will remain in our hearts forever.
Dunking machine no doubt and became quite a solid three point shooter later ,he was fun to watch even in his last few seasons he had some cool moments

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dunking machine no doubt and became quite a solid three point shooter later ,he was fun to watch even in his last few seasons he had some cool moments

What was impressive about him, more than the dunks and his electrifying play especially early in his career, was the ability to reinvent himself to be able to last as long as he did. Most players when they lose much of what made them so good when they were young simply cannot survive because of many factors, and probably ego is the biggest factor.

He's a no doubt Hall of Famer when he is eligible for election.