Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I thought he would just be a great dunker, but he has been reinventing himself over the years and retires as a great player in history.

ByQSoLU.gif

Last edited:
ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a Canadian kid he is one of the main reasons I got into basketball and was so influential in our country. He had his ups and downs but definitely a great player.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fantastic player. It was a pleasure for me to watch him. Many people will remember Vince with his thrilled dunks, but usually he could decide the game with his clutch shots in the last seconds of the matches.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Fantastic player. It was a pleasure for me to watch him. Many people will remember Vince with his thrilled dunks, but usually he could decide the game with his clutch shots in the last seconds of the matches.
Off course, in addition to the clutch shots, some numbers:

22 seasons
25,728 points (19th)
6,606 rebounds
4,714 assists
1,530 steals
888 blocks
2,290 3 pointers (6th)
8x All Star
2x All NBA
1999 NBA Rookie of the Year
2000 NBA Dunk Contest champ
Only player to play in 4 different decades
Gold medal on Sydney 2000 Olympic Games

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations to the best nba dunker of all time what a player he has been and i dont alone say it.Even kobe said it once

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a sad story. Vince Carter couldn't even finish the season because of the new regulations.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a sad story. Vince Carter couldn't even finish the season because of the new regulations.
Dude, the sad story is what happened to thousands and thousands of people in our country, not that a great athlete didn't get to finish the last season of his career with a full season.

Vince Carter and Michael Jordan were my two favorite players to watch when I was a kid. They were both electrifying and just fun to watch and they flew through the air and attacked the basket like no one that I have ever seen. Lebron is a great player and better than Vince but there was just something about the way that he and Jordan attacked the basket that for me just brought more excitement to the game. He hasn't been the same ole Vince lately but its still impressive as hell that he can still contribute at 22 years in.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Vince for everything. It is unfortunate that you have to end your career this way. We will not forget you.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing career from Vince. Hall of fame career. I think with many legends their career can get tainted with the newer generations that didn't see them in their prime and only see them at their absolute worst at the end. However, I feel Vince avoided this due to all his crazy dunking clips that are all over the internet for the newer generations especially his Olympic dunk.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no doubt that he will be in the hall of fame and surely one of the teams where he played will remove his shirt I am more inclined to the Raptors, what a great player and leader is Vince

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Rapters should retire his jersey as he brought basketball to the forefront in canada with his amazing play,,,a first ballot Hall of Famer. Luv ya Vince!! :adore:

swerdnase

swerdnase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vince was the man! His dunk contests were legendary and dare I say, even better than MJ's.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such an insane player in his prime and who can forget the dunk competition “it’s over” the best dunks I’ve ever watched. He will be missed he was great for the game especially in Toronto.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Long career ,strange way for it to end unfortunately for him

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
going to miss him great player

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That dunk Contest he won will forever be a great memory for me as a raptors fan.

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a great dunker, solid scorer, incredible jump, brilliant to watch his plays.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The most exciting player to play in Toronto! Such a great career

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's your opinion about today's dunkers? Dunk Contest in this year was very bad.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hard to beat what VC did in the dunk contest it was all fresh new dunks need some crazy imagination to do that now!

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An incredible player, an NBA legend, an impressive career.

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard to beat what VC did in the dunk contest it was all fresh new dunks need some crazy imagination to do that now!

You're right. It's not easy to show new dunks.
You know, players do sometimes lose their way at figuring new dunks.
VC was beast.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The guy was my fav to couldn’t stand him ,but in the last few years you had to appreciate him and his level of play for that many seasons air Canada was something else back then .

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, he wasn't playing for a strong team, it was always the middle team or worse. We'll never know what would have happened if he had played for such a team. After all, he was a great player and deserves great respect. And his dunks will remain in our hearts forever.
The guy was my fav to couldn’t stand him ,but in the last few years you had to appreciate him and his level of play for that many seasons air Canada was something else back then .