VAR or not VAR?

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that VAR make the game fairer and more honest, it eliminates judicial errors and does not take much time to stop during the match, it almost does not affect the course of the game. but the arbitrators can now sleep well

Daymo90

Daymo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
VAR is much needed in todays game, and has proved successful in some cases. The only downfall to it is the structure they have set up to use it.
In the World Cup they had a room with a panel of 3 referees all watching TV screens, but yet the official referee had the refer to an individual television at the side of the pitch in order to give a verdict. This definitely needs to change and the official referee needs to be mic'd up to the video referees and listen to their verdict. It works perfectly in the sport of Rugby League over here in the UK, so there is no reason as to why it can't work in football.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All sports evolve, so the revision of plays is important for a more transparent game

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment, opinions on innovations are different, but most agree that the future of sports stands behind the VAR. Football is a game in which honesty and objectivity should stand above all, and the introduction of the system is repeated

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After last game of Levante V Real Madrid everyone saw VAR it’s a JOKE I’m a Real Madrid Fan but that was not a penalty...:eek::eek:
Definitely FIFA has a lot of work to to whit this system. Every weekend keep doing mistakes after mistake....

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
After last game of Levante V Real Madrid everyone saw VAR it’s a JOKE I’m a Real Madrid Fan but that was not a penalty...:eek::eek:
Definitely FIFA has a lot of work to to whit this system. Every weekend keep doing mistakes after mistake....

This VAR thing has been joke since day it was invented. Like who cares if ref makes game-deciding-mistake or whatever. That way we'd still have controversies etc ...

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I would like to ask to everyone what they thinking about the VAR and this new rules.

I will share my thoughts.About this "VAR thing".

Is good for the game?
VAR would be extremely useful for the game. If it is used properly.

It’s working?

I do not want to say, that VAR is not working. VAR works. It needs fine tuning. For example:

Better view angle of offside situation ...and more...

It’s worth it ?

I think it's worth it.

At the beginning I thought will be good for everyone but now...I don’t have any clearly answers coz every single game I saw this new sistem probably doing more mistakes so...what you think?:confused:

Already at the beginning, began with the abuse of VAR. In the specific football match. The Referee decided that it was not necessary to use "VAR's advice". Despite requests from the other team,to examine the situation through the VAR.

The VAR should serve to both teams. And not just for one team. And to actually defeat the other team. In this case, no VAR is needed. And only 4 or 6 referees brigade.

The team or the other team, should not be ignored. No matter what football club it is.

Otherwise it would be a disaster.
:)

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
VAR is a great improvement to the football. I hope it gets even better cause right now a referee is not being assisted by VAR in case of a second yellow card for example. Also, I think it should be used in the cases when a goal is scored from a corner or a from a free kick that has been falsely given. For example, in the WC final, france scored their first goal after a foul on Griezman, which should not have been given in the first place. However, I am a big fan of VAR, eventhough there are still mistakes being made even with VAR. Like a penalty for RMCF the other day against Levante.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only by VAR. This will make football fairer!

skaniol

skaniol

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I hate cheating, corruption, or the stupid mistakes by human judges. So many sports are ruined by bad judges. I'd prefer if some omniscient being was the judge, but since that won't happen, at least the VAR is a step in the right direction. I love how the Hawk-Eye made tennis and volleyball a lot more fair.

Of course, in its infant stages of development it's bound to be imperfect. Its true form may end up very different than what we have at the moment. I don't see why you'd want to kill it in its alpha stage, except if you prefer the games to remain unfair. You could as well replace the players by artists and leave the human judge to decide the outcome alone. Is the sport supposed to be a real competition or a theatre?

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go VAR go. Remember to always be biased if you can for my team, all of our teams lol.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VAR is a great improvement to the football. I hope it gets even better cause right now a referee is not being assisted by VAR in case of a second yellow card for example. Also, I think it should be used in the cases when a goal is scored from a corner or a from a free kick that has been falsely given. For example, in the WC final, France scored their first goal after a foul on Griezman, which should not have been given in the first place. However, I am a big fan of VAR, eventhough there are still mistakes being made even with VAR. Like a penalty for RMCF the other day against Levante.

Well I would probably be against using VAR to reverse judgement call penalties (the NFL is considering this too). And I think that games will never be officiated perfectly according to both fan bases. But all that being said, I say use every tool available to strive to fairness. Think about the Hand of God goal or the England v germany goal/no goal... those both were botched and have been talked about for generations!

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree to a certain extent, there will always be grey zones and a need for a judgement call from the ref. But overall, VAR is a great thing for football in my opinion. If nothing, diving in the box became pointless.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I'm not sure whether VAR was used in Dortmund game today but in Ajax match it definitely took way too long to decide whether Tadic goal was legal or not and even then they did the wrong decision ;)

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
For me, VAR is a great idea because you cant cheat and can help the referee to pick the right decision.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's a great invention! The referee is a man and can make mistakes so VAR verification can reverse the chances of the game.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The technology that they are using most of the time is incredible, but sometimes instead of helping the referee it just confuses him and this is the reason why many people hate it.In the World Cup it was a little disappointing to see that most of the time it didn’t work as expected, but in the the fault goes to the helping referees and the main one.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I support VAR. The referee sometimes cant see the situation. Soccer became so fast and the players are so tricky....it should have been installed decades ago!