VAR

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In some sports, like tennis and hawkeye, is good to video checks but that var is just something else. Every round really stupid decisions that none could say what is it right or wrong. It has too much affect these days and should be used just if referee misses some REALLY obvious situation.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It takes time for this system to start functioning as it was conceived

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is the beggining of the VAR. It takes time to adjust and get better.
VAR was a right decision and it will be around for sure.
All sports have technology help, Football has to use too.
Cheers,
M.D.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good thing, but not modified:playingba:boring:

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VAR in football is waste of time in my opinion.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
VAR in general is a waste of time imo.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
VAR in football is waste of time in my opinion.

I think so too. It kills all the emotion of the fans. It is very strange that feeling of explosion and joy of the fans when the favorite team scores a goal and after not knowing how many seconds is canceled by VAR. :hmmmm2::damnmate:

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
It is the beggining of the VAR. It takes time to adjust and get better.
VAR was a right decision and it will be around for sure.
All sports have technology help, Football has to use too.
Cheers,
M.D.

Goalline technology is the only help football needs. :bebored:

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, the most important thing is that it has become much less simulations. Simulations, especially which can decide the outcome of the match the worst thing that was in football. Video views will be better every year, it is progress and it is not stopped.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The concept is good but it's current state requires much refinement.

As a Norwich fan I feel pretty hard done by in regards to VAR so far but also think it will evolve into a better system and will be a positive addition to the professional game.

The main areas it needs to be improved upon area speed and consistency of decisions.

I think we can complete the greatest ever escape this season, starting with a resounding three points this weekend. :D

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Those guys who fake fouls and penalty will be punish with VAR.
More fair to everyone.

Like Gabriel said: VAR kills emotion of the fans ...
Little controversy is still fine obviously

Still it's not okay for VAR to spend several minutes to check whether there were offside by millimetres or whatever like that ...
Also if referee let's to play on first by giving adventage and then several moments later brings game back then it's also bullshit :rolleyes:

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fans freeze during a hockey game when the judges leave to watch the episode.

G

gazdagleszek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opinion

Difficult question because in the past there was no possibility to check some interesting situation like Maradona God's hand e. g. But also people check the questionable situations thus the can make mistake. I think it never be fully fair for everybody.

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like it, it takes center stage for the referees

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I totally agree with the VAR ... I was fortunate to have played soccer in the second division of my country in Costa Rica ... and in my time there was no VAR ... and I could see many but many injustices that they happen in soccer for not having the VAR ... today thanks to FIFA's approval, many injustices are avoided and the results are more fair ...!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.I think with the use of VAR,all desicions are fair for everyone.We have to get used to technology in football.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In soccer I have seen clear things that should be modified and despite the VAR they are still wrong, they are still quite wrong, the worst is that many times in clear things and that is where I asked what it is for?:icon_puke:icon_puke:icon_puke:icon_puke

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.I think with the use of VAR,all desicions are fair for everyone.We have to get used to technology in football.
The right thought. Modern problems require modern solutions.

S

Scottish77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
football is big business now not just a sport, VAR has been brought in so every decision is deemed correct as a champions league place is worth tens of millions to teams if they qualify.. i dont like VAR personally think it is killing the game , players not knowing whether to celebrate there goal or not, and fans cheering decisions as if there team scored. not good for the game one bit.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Video checks in tennis are really very helpfull , almost always I would say , and I like them very much :)
But in football it's really ridiculous how they djudge one penalty or false goal over a video . Everyone in some countries might see that a goal or penalty is not right due to the video , and they might decide it's ok . Especially in countries like Greece , maybe it's worse than before , amateur referees and VAR personnel ...

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hawkeye and then VAR would be interesting in poker. But not sure if it's right. Maybe just VAR?
I mean I saw how time was requested. Player said call in last second. Another player shows the cards and then first player says: no, no I said fold. Instead of loosing all chips he saved his stake.

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VAR is big topic and controversy especially in England concerning the English Premier League (EPL). Many other countries/leagues have already adopted the assistance of the technology to their game but England has just now implemented it into their premier league and many are hoping that it never happened.

I love English football and what makes the game "English" is the atmosphere that comes along with home matches and the deterrents that the fans are able to convey to the visiting opponents through chants and songs. What is bothering most people in respect to VAR is how this aspect of the game is being taken away due to the stop in play. Many of the home fans begin chanting profanity towards the new adopted system as it seems like even with the technology, the game will never be perfect.

bmess92

bmess92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For some sports like Tennis, var is fine. In Football, on the other hand, it ruins the game.

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
war is not always effective, I think it needs to be slightly modified, and so I think war has more pros than cons.