US Open

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didnt notice any thread to this.

Kind of intresting tournament, kind of boring aswell.
6 of the top 8 female players not playing. I think field is still quite close enough to not point out a clear favorite. Will Serena finally get the job done?

Male tournament seems a little clearer as Djokovic won t have Federer and Nadal in the way.
Anyway there is some room for some players to get theri best ever Grand Slam result.

I

igo89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are so many strong opponents not participating in the tournament? I hope Diana Jastremska will perform well at the tournament and start her way to the top WTA

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Djokovic will win
There are a few women that can win but I think Serena, Osaka and Kenin are the 3 favorites and it’s tough to pick a winner among those 3.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Djoko gonna roll through,

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
only way djok loses if he gets hurt and cant continue

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who will be the likely opponent to be in finals against Djokovic?
Dominic Thiem or maybe Tsitsipas

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Djokovic will win, his level is still intact.

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So Andy Murray waved goodbye early. Can t win them all in 5.

I still think Zverev could go deep, if he can get to his full potential.

Also intresting is going to see what Medvedev is able to achieve with no fan booing him :D

With Pliskova out there is just another Top 10 Women less in the tournament.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
No win for Djokovic then :damnmate:

W

wilberth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zverev can win, he has a great level and now that the favorites are not there he has great chances. In women I want Azarenka to win and return to the top of the ranking.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No win for Djokovic then :damnmate:

No, he did a bonehead move and struck an official with a ball, which is grounds for automatic default. So, probably the least difficult path he'd ever have to clear to win a US Open is now out of the question for him.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
No, he did a bonehead move and struck an official with a ball, which is grounds for automatic default.

Even if it is automatic disqualification then i'm pretty sure had Serena done the same she wouldn't have kicked out lol ..
Also i think i saw somewhere fact that this is first major tournament since 2004 where neither of Nadal, Federer or Djokovic reaches quarterfinals ...

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, the crown is ready to be taken by the youngstars. Zverev smashed it yesterday. If he can keep that level he is an intresting bet. Thiem also in the discussion for an unexpected win. There will be a lot of hopes now in that so called easiest US Open since forever.

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who would habe thought the answer to that question will be: "a random ball girl". :D

Absolutely a donkey move. But there is going to be 8 players now who are really thankful for that.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if it is automatic disqualification then i'm pretty sure had Serena done the same she wouldn't have kicked out lol ..
Also i think i saw somewhere fact that this is first major tournament since 2004 where neither of Nadal, Federer or Djokovic reaches quarterfinals ...

I was reading about this on si.com and this excerpt contradicts your assertion about Serena Williams, though I fail to understand why you bring her up here.

In accordance with the Grand Slam rulebook, this “negligent disregard” triggers an automatic default.

So this would suggest that this behavior regardless of who would warrant the same action.

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In accordance with the Grand Slam rulebook, this “negligent disregard” triggers an automatic default.

So this would suggest that this behavior regardless of who would warrant the same action.

I ve read a serbian newspaper though stating that Federer had a similiar incident 2009 in Australia though. I haven t checked that.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ve read a serbian newspaper though stating that Federer had a similiar incident 2009 in Australia though. I haven t checked that.

I read up on that, and in that situation, Federer didn't hit the ball in anger, though still, it's a fair question to ask if all players would have been given the same treatment. Going back to someone else mentioning Serena Williams, I'll take it one step further, the USTA would have handled it the same if another player did exactly the same thing Djokovic did at this point in time.

Of course, Nick Kyrgios weighed in on Twitter, in a shot taken against tennis officials. I think he would have been handled in the same manner by the USTA, but the court of public opinion would have been much harsher on him given his bad boy image to the tennis fans, both diehard and casual.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
draftkings refunded on djok future bet nice of them

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Making a boneheaded move like that was the only way that Djokovic was not going to win the US Open. No one was going to beat him now I think either Medvedev or Thiem will win.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I hope Dominic Thiem wins. The Austrian player would deserve this after the three finals lost before, two at Roland Garros against Nadal and one in Australia at the begining of this year.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only Medvedev and Thiem deserve to win a grand slam title. Really hope one of them to lift the title. These guys after the big 3 retire, will win some majors and will be the favorites.

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Has anybody seen Zverev`s match yesterday?? Really a great fight, I wish him his first victory in a Grand Slam tournament, but I fear, D. Thiem is too strong. What do you think?

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anybody seen Zverev`s match yesterday?? Really a great fight, I wish him his first victory in a Grand Slam tournament, but I fear, D. Thiem is too strong. What do you think?

When I turned on the TV and saw 6-3 5-0 for Busta told myself '' God, please do not allow player as Busta to win a Grand slam title, please, please'' and then Zverev came back to calm me down and to enjoy the Grand slam final against Thiem on Sunday. It seems like Zverev, Thiem and Medvedev are the players which will dominate in the tennis when the Big 3 retire. Maybe Tsitsipas can join in this group. But in my opinion I do not see how Thiem will loose the final, he is too strong from the baseline, more strong physically. Zverev have to serve on world class level to have a chance and to try make the rally slower between 3-5 shots.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as for Serena, I have not considered her a clear favorite of any tournament for a long time . her best years are over and she is not showing a championship game now . as for Djokovic, for me, he should have taken the title. but his irascibility and accident deprived him, I think, of another title .

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Osaka is going to beat Azarenka in 3 sets