US OPEN

blackdevil724

blackdevil724

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Novak Djokovic

Nole proved that he is best player at this time by some margine!! What do you think, can he win 18 majors and become best ever??

D

daski18

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He is great. Us open finalist both i like.

oruro

oruro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Djokovic was the better player in general!

The first two sets were very tight and well deserved. In the third one, Federer had some chances but he could not make them and that was probably the end of the match because after two o three hours playing, the battle becomes more mentally and its very difficult to keep that incredible level they played.

Djokovic was more consistent then and in the four set he almost failed but managed to keep his nerves.

Despite being a huge Federer fan, the match was well deserved by Nole.

I still believe Roger Federer will win another GS.

oruro

oruro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nole proved that he is best player at this time by some margine!! What do you think, can he win 18 majors and become best ever??

I hope Djokovic will not win more Slams than Roger Federer.

The age is very important in tennis. At the end of 2009 when Federer was 28, the aged than Nole has now, he had 15 Gran Slams, by the time it seemed to be possible to reach 20 or something like.

The thing is that Nole is not having the rivals that Federer or Nadal had, so if he keeps playing at this level he might be able to win more slams for sure! But 8 more? That´s quite a thing!

blackdevil724

blackdevil724

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Djokovic will not win more Slams than Roger Federer.

The age is very important in tennis. At the end of 2009 when Federer was 28, the aged than Nole has now, he had 15 Gran Slams, by the time it seemed to be possible to reach 20 or something like.

The thing is that Nole is not having the rivals that Federer or Nadal had, so if he keeps playing at this level he might be able to win more slams for sure! But 8 more? That´s quite a thing!

Who is better player Muray or Roddick?? He was second when Fed won everything!! Had 13-1 or even 13-0 against him!! Federer won all tha because after Sampras retired there was no competition until Nadal came..

oruro

oruro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who is better player Muray or Roddick?? He was second when Fed won everything!! Had 13-1 or even 13-0 against him!! Federer won all tha because after Sampras retired there was no competition until Nadal came..

When I say that Djokovic does not have the rivals that Federer and Nadal had, I am actually talking about Federer and Nadal themselfs.

Federer dominated tennis until 2005 basically alone (he got 6 GS till there) because Roddick was good but never like them (Sampras was already out of competition).

Andy Murray is better than Roddick but is not that good to put him in another level like Federer Nadal or Djokovic.

I agree that the head to head and the four Gran Slam finals won by Roger against Roddick talk for itself and put the American in a very bad position, maybe if Roddick had won a couple of more matches against Federer it should seem to be more equal.

What I want to say is that nowdays Djokovic does not have a Nadal or a Federer (even Roger is still number 2 is far away fisically), when Federer was at his very best he had a monster called Rafael Nadal and when Nadal was at his very best has a the other monster called Roger Federer and then, Djokovic specially in 2011.

I think Djokovic is a great player, and he is one of the best ever, but the sport is right now missing someone who challenged him more, and that guy is probably Rafa, but he is struggling quiet a lot these days and Federer but at his age is very difficult!

Last edited: