Transgenders in Women/Girls Sports ?

Should Transgenders Compete With Girls/Women in Sports ?

• Total voters
Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently transgenders are hitting the news again, only they seem to be upsetting parents of teens this time in Connecticut !
They are beating the girls in their track meets ... So the parents of the girls have a petition to stop the transgenders from competing with the other girls .

Sorry - I just had to post this and get everyone's thoughts . Do you all think transgenders should be allowed to compete in any girls/women's sports ? Yes , No or you Don't Care Eitherway ?
Please vote if you don't wish to put your thoughts on why in writing :)

Here is the story .... https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=56071191

Last edited:
terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ignorance at it's best,,,,lol. :thumpdown Their KIDS!! Let them play!

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hard topic in my opinion. Of course transgenders shouldn't be excluded from social life and sports of course. But it is hard to treat them in a sportive way in my opinion,
if there is a woman, who was male originally, she could have a lot of advantages by strength of course to other girls. If there are enough transgenders in one age, maybe it should be considered to make their own challenge in sport. Otherwise it could be somehow unfair for the girls. Usually also men/women or boys/girls are separated in sports, because it is often not comparable. Well, of course it depends also on the sport.

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting topic if you are born with a male anatomy and want to be on the power lifting women's team because you're for all intensive purposes a woman you have a big leg up. Nah, for now how about their own league and let them figure it out, who plays with whom, and showers and dresses.

I feel for them, and I feel for the rest of us, life's complexities. :D

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Interesting topic if you are born with a male anatomy and want to be on the power lifting women's team because you're for all intensive purposes a woman you have a big leg up. Nah, for now how about their own league and let them figure it out, who plays with whom, and showers and dresses.

Of course, they shall do how they want, definitely. Especially in school time.
My opinion is anyway, that sport is a nice addition to regular schools, but it shouln't bring any marks to the children. This is completely crazy. Like here in germany, that when young people have this training on the job combined with school lessons, that they shall attend sport lessons and religion lessons. In the age of around 17-18. :eek:

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If it is about school time, I will vote for yes.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apparently transgenders are hitting the news again, only they seem to be upsetting parents of teens this time in Connecticut !
They are beating the girls in their track meets ... So the parents of the girls have a petition to stop the transgenders from competing with the other girls .

Sorry - I just had to post this and get everyone's thoughts . Do you all think transgenders should be allowed to compete in any girls/women's sports ? Yes , No or you Don't Care Eitherway ?
Please vote if you don't wish to put your thoughts on why in writing :)

Here is the story .... https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=56071191

Those people who knows just a little about athletics sports know that for example 800m run (women) is ruled by intersex runners. It's mainly because their testosteron level is much much higher than women's, they have more muscle etc...real women has no chance to win there (since they get disqualified immidiately if their testosteron level reach the limit). It's still is a problem that authorities cant solve for many years. This is a true example when political correctness rules over sanity.

Caster Semenya (winner of 800m London, Rio Olimpics)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caster_Semenya

I wouldnt let intersex or transgender person compete in any women's sports because they have a huge advantage over them.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Those people who knows just a little about athletics sports know that for example 800m run (women) is ruled by intersex runners. It's mainly because their testosteron level is much much higher than women's, they have more muscle etc...real women has no chance to win there (since they get disqualified immidiately if their testosteron level reach the limit). It's still is a problem that authorities cant solve for many years. This is a true example when political correctness rules over sanity.

Caster Semenya (winner of 800m London, Rio Olimpics)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caster_Semenya

I wouldnt let intersex or transgender person compete in any women's sports because they have a huge advantage over them.

Pretty much what I was thinking , but are they going to test them in high schools to ??

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignorance at it's best,,,,lol. :thumpdown Their KIDS!! Let them play!
Not really play - this is competition - so these kids/teens work hard to compete .

Hard topic in my opinion. Of course transgenders shouldn't be excluded from social life and sports of course. But it is hard to treat them in a sportive way in my opinion,
if there is a woman, who was male originally, she could have a lot of advantages by strength of course to other girls. If there are enough transgenders in one age, maybe it should be considered to make their own challenge in sport. Otherwise it could be somehow unfair for the girls. Usually also men/women or boys/girls are separated in sports, because it is often not comparable. Well, of course it depends also on the sport.

Yes , it is a tough call. These girls are doing all sports and have to compete against each other. So if there are transgenders - competing against them and winning easily - is it fair that they are considered equal now as females ?

It would appear they need "a League of Their Own " so to speak eh?

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Exactly or not or yes or maybe or let me think about it. If I knew this was going to be on my plate I would of stayed in the womb 49 years ago. Transgender people like all of us have great functioning brains, let them take all their busllsh!t like the rest of us to their appropriate parties, legislative, judicial and get it done the way they want it.

For all I care a Canadian moose could wrestle a 2 headed midget, I'm going fishing! :D

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to wait until 18. If you want to do transgender then be my guest.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL that is funny 😁 :rock::girlshit:
Not really play - this is competition - so these kids/teens work hard to compete .

Yes , it is a tough call. These girls are doing all sports and have to compete against each other. So if there are transgenders - competing against them and winning easily - is it fair that they are considered equal now as females ?

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly or not or yes or maybe or let me think about it. If I knew this was going to be on my plate I would of stayed in the womb 49 years ago. Transgender people like all of us have great functioning brains, let them take all their busllsh!t like the rest of us to their appropriate parties, legislative, judicial and get it done the way they want it.

For all I care a Canadian moose could wrestle a 2 headed midget, I'm going fishing! :D

LOL - sorry to make you think so hard on this !

You need to wait until 18. If you want to do transgender then be my guest.
Good one - 'cept these are younger teens and not all parents think like you :)
So, if your daughter is close to getting into finals, higher level of competition and a transgender her age is competing against her - and she is now losing to that transgender - would you sign the petition ? Or is it OK that she doesn't win because there is actually a boy in track group against her ?

LOL that is funny 😁 :rock::girlshit:

I am almost with you on that , but I have mixed feelings on this and almost feel for the parents of these kids , because I have 2 daughters that were both heavy into sports to !
Even me , I did track sports in girls divisions to when I was younger !!!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While we can argue which intellectual and emotional attributes each gender may be biologically predisposed to, there is no doubt that males are physically stronger than females. If you are a biological male you have an advantage over a biological female in athletic endeavors which favour strength. It is what it is.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While we can argue which intellectual and emotional attributes each gender may be biologically predisposed to, there is no doubt that males are physically stronger than females. If you are a biological male you have an advantage over a biological female in athletic endeavors which favour strength. It is what it is.

So, is it fair that these biological males with their advantage of physical strength be allowed to compete in track and field girls divisions ?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, is it fair that these biological males with their advantage of physical strength be allowed to compete in track and field girls divisions ?
No, I can't agree with that. It's a difficult situation to be in for sure, but it is what it is.

R

RounderRob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Due to our bodies being designed different there may be instances where one in a particular event could have a advantage/disadvantage, either male/female, so not fair to either gender group whichever either way.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I can't agree with that. It's a difficult situation to be in for sure, but it is what it is.

Me neither !

Due to our bodies being designed different there may be instances where one in a particular event could have a advantage/disadvantage, either male/female, so not fair to either gender group whichever either way.

Exactly and they are allowing the transgender "girls" ( actually boys that wouldn't make it in the boys divisions ) compete in track & field events with girls - now they are able to beat them as they are not quite able to beat the boys !
Do you think this should be allowed ? - the poll is above if you would like to weigh in , thanks !

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it was a three-legged race at The company picnic,it would be OK,right? Why is this any different? Give me a break,lol. :vroam:(I've played high school sports at a national level,it's not a big deal,we were kids,smoking weed behind the bleachers) Silly,silly.:rolleyes:

A

Aglarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's fair at all in any physical competitive sport. Many sports have different competitions for men and women simply because of biological facts, due to hormonal differences men simply have a much easier time gaining muscle.
I don't know what the solution would be, I would love for people of any gender to have a chance to compete in whatever sport they want but this is simply not fair for biological women.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it was a three-legged race at The company picnic,it would be OK,right? Why is this any different? Give me a break,lol. :vroam:(I've played high school sports at a national level,it's not a big deal,we were kids,smoking weed behind the bleachers) Silly,silly.:rolleyes:
According to the parents in Conneticut it is a big deal.

I don't think it's fair at all in any physical competitive sport. Many sports have different competitions for men and women simply because of biological facts, due to hormonal differences men simply have a much easier time gaining muscle.
I don't know what the solution would be, I would love for people of any gender to have a chance to compete in whatever sport they want but this is simply not fair for biological women.

I agree it isn't fair either to have biological boys in girls sports .

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am in complete support of the LGBTQ+ community and believe that transgenders are valid and productive members of today's society. However, I believe in order for them to be allowed to participate in sports of the gender they identify with, then they should be required to take the medication that they are likely already are/wanting to take, which could include testosterone or whatever drug it may be.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in complete support of the LGBTQ+ community and believe that transgenders are valid and productive members of today's society. However, I believe in order for them to be allowed to participate in sports of the gender they identify with, then they should be required to take the medication that they are likely already are/wanting to take, which could include testosterone or whatever drug it may be.

Yep , I agree and if they are not true transgenders , and not taking the medications - they should not be in the girls sports - simple . They should have a division of their own.

A

Aglarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Testosterone is actually the primary male sex hormone and an anabolic steroid, so in this case it's actually one of the main problems as it gives them an advantage in gaining muscle mass.
It's no so simple anyway, hormone treatments for transgenders would probably be considered the same as doping and I'm not so sure many sports competitions would allow that.
There is also the fact that even if their treatments suppress testosterone or other hormones they would still have the advantage of the muscle mass they already had, it's not simply going to go away....

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Testosterone is actually the primary male sex hormone and an anabolic steroid, so in this case it's actually one of the main problems as it gives them an advantage in gaining muscle mass.
It's no so simple anyway, hormone treatments for transgenders would probably be considered the same as doping and I'm not so sure many sports competitions would allow that.
There is also the fact that even if their treatments suppress testosterone or other hormones they would still have the advantage of the muscle mass they already had, it's not simply going to go away....
They should have a division of their own.
They are not strong enough or want to compete with boys their own age and it isn't fair they get to be in the girls division for any sport - not just track and field. I actually feel for the girls and their parents fighting this .

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars