Steph Curry

blackdevil724

blackdevil724

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
He is unbelivable!! Lebron who?? Curry is best basketball player by some margine..

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
James is still the best. He is a little older now, and he has played many more games, so his role and motivation are slightly different from years past. Curry is a completely different type of player, and he's changing some aspects of how the game is played. James has a long-term focus and is cruising under the radar, while Curry is in all of the highlights, and his team is on fire. Curry is a great player, and the Warriors' season has been great so far, but they've only played three teams that are over .500 wins. They have yet to play the best teams. Finally, LeBron is a much better defensive player. James Harden is averaging nearly as many points as Curry and more than LeBron, but no one is arguing whether he is better than LeBron, because he doesn't dominate.

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol he isn't the best, this is the problem the NBA and its offensive featuring has done to gradual fans like you, LeBron is A BEAST nobody is even close to him yet, ALL guards can shoot, dribble, pass (Curry), not every big man can do all of those things and still play 1-5. The only player playing 1-5 at a high level is Bron. He was virtually alone in the finals against GS and still came close, so no he isn't the best, not until he can do it all, night in and night out, o and i need to see a effort to get one dunk at least;)

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He dunked in practice, just last week! I agree with you, mariel619. Not only "gradual" fans, but I think that international fans may be more subject to the impression of players and the league that is given by highlights and headlines, i.e., the hype. Not all guards can shoot like Curry, but not all guards are surrounded by a good, defensive-minded team, and spearheaded by a good coach. As you said, LeBron has had to do it all, at times, even to the extent that he has had to carry his entire team, as well as supersede the coach.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His dad was a solid player but his sons are crazy good especially Steph ,hes the best 3 point shooter ive ever seen .

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
curry is the man think they win the title again over lebron

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Warriors are better than the Cavs, but Curry isn't necessarily better than LeBron.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last night they honored Del Curry in Charlotte and then Steph shot the daylights out of the ball for 40+. A family affair last night!

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
40 in like 3 quarters the man is one fire forever!! love it except next game vs my fav team in the east RAPTORS chill some on that night dude=)

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
his pops used to toss that ball in the hoop from 3 too.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I could beat them both 1 on 1.

If I was in shape, taller, faster, and better at basketball.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe the best pure 3 point shooter of all time ,especially on the move he sets up so good and the follow through is perfect even though coming off a move or 3 before hand ,guy is crazy good.

22-0 warriors when everyone is targeting the champs is amazing!!

Last edited by a moderator:
duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he is on an epic streak atm, Id still pick Lebron if i had to construct a team from scratch for one season to be as competitive as possible tho.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
23-0 PUSHED HARD BUT THEY SCORE 131 AND WIN AGAIN CRAZYYYY Thompson 39 Curry 29 talk about a team rolling!

mitozgd

mitozgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Curry is the best shooter in the world today, period.

C

cursed989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's unfortunate that the win streak ended, but I'm looking forward to them challenging the season record title. I'm barely even a casual fan in the NBA, so just like was mentioned earlier in the thread, explosive offense is all I really care to look for.

But I agree, it definitely doesn't make for the best in the league alone. It's just more fun to watch when you only watch a handful of games per season, and usually more so in the playoffs.

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone guess who has the best 3-point percentage in the league, right now?

1st: Kawhi Leonard
2nd: Jared Dudley
3rd: Stephen Curry

P.S. I'm not trying to make a point. I just find it interesting, and I think more than a few people would assume that Curry is leading this stat. Another interesting thing is that the Bucks, who just beat the Warriors, are the only team with two players in the top-ten of this stat.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

P.S. I'm not trying to make a point. I just find it interesting, and I think more than a few people would assume that Curry is leading this stat. Another interesting thing is that the Bucks, who just beat the Warriors, are the only team with two players in the top-ten of this stat.

I knew kawhi was, i thought PG13 would have been top 3 tho

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Curry's the man no one butta says Playful:icon_sant

SerbiaGrinding

SerbiaGrinding

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's a PG we've never seen before. An athletic John Stockton if you will. Clearly top 3 in the league for years to come.

steved757

steved757

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

That stat is really not relevant because Curry shot 3x more than Leonard so of course he may not be the best percentage wise but still is in the top 5 which is impressive when you shooting that many threes per game. I know you was not trying to make a point or anything but Steph is a beast and I never seen a better pure shooter in my life!

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*He's down to 4th, as of today.

The reason that stat is relevant, in terms of overall play, is because Kawhi is currently 2nd in the league in Defensive Rating and 7th in Offensive Rating. Curry is 2nd in Offensive Rating, while he isn't even in the Top 20, defensively. Kawhi is excelling on both ends of the floor, and he is doing it efficiently. But, yes, Curry is a better shooter. I wouldn't consider him an overall beast. Also, I am focussing on Kawhi here, because of the aforementioned stat. A similar case can be made for LeBron.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2016_leaders.html

B

bolenator

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he is so one dimensional and over hyped

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stephen Curry surely made his career high in NBA! Excited on the upcoming games of the Warriors!