Are Sports Bettings lucrative?

Willroquefan

Willroquefan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm reading about sports betting and I got a conclusion: I have no idea in these type of investment ,I made a bet at 888 but I lost 5$ . I'm nervous and would like to read some advises from you guys.Am I betting wrong?

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tha´s a different way of getting money but I think That you must have a big bankrool consisted at the minimum of 200$USD.

Last edited:
Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It is necessary to understand very well the kind of sport that you are betting on. And ideally - to know the team's plan for this particular game.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I'm reading about sports betting and I got a conclusion: I have no idea in these type of investment ,I made a bet at 888 but I lost 5$ . I'm nervous and would like to read some advises from you guys.Am I betting wrong?

Soooo... if I'm understanding this right, you made one bet of $5, it lost, and you want to know if you're betting "wrong"?

What was the bet? Why did you make it? Did you shop for a better price/line?

Sports betting is just like poker. You can make a good play and still lose, and you can make a bad play that still wins - you can't be results oriented, especially when you've got a sample size of just ONE bet. The important thing is making good decisions, which means it's all about WHY you make the bets you do.

Willroquefan

Willroquefan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
That's just hazardous of myself because the team was quoted as the favorite to win but it lost.

Last edited:
B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it is just a game which allows me to watch closely more favourite sport - soccer. of course once I dreamed of easy money on rates. now I treat it as to a lottery where I instead of numbers choose commands and I assemble the express.
my benefit is that it is interesting to me)).

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you must either unify the topics or that about sports betting is already so much so that you at least look before you drop the topic. and sports betting can bring a stable good income if you play measuredly and with a cold calculation.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's just hazardous of myself because the team was quoted as the favorite to win but it lost.

Ah, right. If you're expecting a team to win just because they were the favourites then yes, you're betting wrong. To be successful you need to be able to identify value in a market, not just blindly put money on.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Soccer is too lucrative (if you won haha)

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to study and work. It´s not easy at all. Check the teams, players, injuries, scores, defense, where they are playing, conditions... Many points.
If you work hard is possible to make money on betting. But it´s a hard road.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this season, Real Madrid shows an unconvincing game I think this can be earned If you bet against Real Madrid especially when he plays on the road

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It depends If you have inside info or knowledge, lets say in the Russia Football World Cup, a game argentina against any African country is a secure bet, not much to win but If you bet High is a sure win. Remember Pete Rose?? ;)

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know exactly to win when making bets you need to own information and a well-developed mind and intuition. Bets are an investment, and in investments there is always a risk

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bet only for fun, but sometimes I've got a profit, it's just more interesting to watch a fullball game when you cheer for both the team and your money.

Eric_A

Eric_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To consider sports betting as a profit, you need to know everything to the last detail on what team to bet .. Many people earn money $

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest wins on sports betting was on tennis, betting on deuces (40/40). Chosed the games wisely and the bets too. I cashed in quite a lot (about 150%-200% my BR) but it took too much of my time and attention (I can work while playing poker, but not when betting on tennis).

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A guy put over a Million dollars on EAGLES. That´s a great bet for sure !

High score on that game was a great one as well.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, sports betting is best I there do them for small amounts

zjohnzzz

zjohnzzz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
knowledge, experience, and money management

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I do a little sports betting. And always the result is different. Sometimes it's a win, sometimes it's a loss.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont chase action and single bet mostly and it canbe profitable but far from easy money put the time in before you bet games

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After this recent SCOTUS decision, I read that less than 2% of sports bettors do well enough to consider it a living. The vast majority consider sports betting in the 'pastime or hobby' category.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you aim for it purposefully, it is unprofitable, may be profitable in the short term.
Of course, lucrative, but you need a strategy.
There are many sports betting strategies, go after which one is favorable to you. Advantage is to choose a sport you know.
If you are frustrated or because of the loss, do not accept. This is like a tilt in poker, you will make a bad decision.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It takes years to become a good sports bettor and you need advanced stats to find edges. Just like in poker, only a small percentage of people make money. The rest are breaking even or losing.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars