Should we boycott the World Cup football in Qatar 2022?

V

vanish123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
teams no, with officials yes. and make statements EVERY interview. And dont use lame thirts texts. have ar real statement and not soft as f.e. our |dutch team did

S

SerValeMart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Hello everyone. I think that sport is out of politics. So let the football championship take place in any weather!

E

El_Matt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Boycott the world cup in general

To be honest, FIFA is such a corrupt organisation these days. I recommend everyone to boycott FIFA tournaments in general. Maybe this way football will return to its roots and become less commercial again.

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I read an article about the high number of deaths and poor working conditions on the construction sites in Qatar.

Unfortunately, the exploitation of workers is a reality today and is present in many parts of the world, but in this case the exploitation of workers in unbearable heat was fatal.

Although I am a big fan of football, I also don't think it's a bad idea, that's one way to send a message, but the boycott should be agreed now, not when constructon is complete. Maybe that way there might be hundreds of fewer casualties. For thousands of people it is already late.

Honestly, I do not believe that there will be a boycott, on the contrary, those responsible will be in the ceremonial lodges.

I have always been looking forward to the World and European Football Championships, so I was looking forward to this one as well. As a football fan I would love to watch the Championship. Footballers can send a strong message in other ways than boycotting, although a boycott might be the strongest, but it must be agreed soon.

Last edited:
WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I would say no to a boycott. While I understand the reasoning to do it who really gets hurt by this? The athletes do. While some players may have the opportunity again in the future how many may only have this one shot? Probably most of them. How would you feel getting to this spot to play in the world cup to just be denied the chance to play due to a boycott?
That is a good point from a player's perspective.

M

Minakshi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it should be boycotted because then the livelihood of a lot of people will be at stake

fedkov

fedkov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Boycott over deaths of workers? Huge funds have been invested in this project, I don’t think that this is even possible in modern realities.

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way, canada's finally going to make it! That would be brutal if we boycotted the first year we qualify since 86.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the point of choosing a country to host the championship and then boycotting these competitions.
This has nothing to do with football, this is another attempt by someone to promote for free at a very popular event.
Every year there are more and more such organizations.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fifa is a very corrupt organization, it is not yet clear how Russia got the right to host the World Cup, not to mention Qatar. In my opinion, there should not have been tournaments in these countries. And it’s too late to boycott, before you had to think ...

jcmunoz33

jcmunoz33

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Boycott

I would love to see a fifa soccer boycott. With all the horrible working conditions I think it would be a great way to show suppose to all the people suffering those conditions. And fifa at this point seems to be pretty corrupt.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
The Hungarian team will boycott the event. They won't be there. ;)

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only found out the other day that BeIn sports is based in Qatar and their current TV deal with the Premier League is worth £350 million.
That changes everything - and all these Ing-er-lund players who've been virtue signalling in the past week about Qatar mustn't know how much their wages are boosted by them already.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so boycotting is kinda a joke, let the athletes go and let us watch. If it's a problem at the time the world cup is awarded to said country they shouldn't even let them be in the running. That's were it starts, unless it's war or terrorism in the country you go ahead with planned events.

EDSON 138

EDSON 138

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Really the factor that workers have sub-human working conditions yes more on the sporting side they are offering the best they have.