Sand's DraftKings Thread

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three MM tickets. Use them all this week or split them up?

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty good week! In for $101 out for $341 including a couple MM tickets. Gross part is I placed 34th out of 115k people in the prime time contest and only got $200 because of how top heavy the contest is ($100k to 1st, $10k to 2nd).

Nice!!

Three MM tickets. Use them all this week or split them up?

I'd probably use one buyin plus the 3 freerolls for the next MM.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the tickets yet. I've got four lineups, two of which have only a one-player difference. Not sure if it is a waste to use up a ticket for that.

Who does everyone like this week? Kind of a weird week. My lineups are VERY similar and I can't seem to come up with anything else that I like. Looking like a high variance week!

Here are my picks:

QB

Russell Wilson
Nick Foles

RB

Le'Veon Bell
Dion Lewis
Fred Jackson

WR

Demaryius Thomas
John Brown
Cecil Shorts
Doug Baldwin
Allen Robinson
Brandon Marshall
Jarvis Landry

TE

Rob Gronkowski
Greg Olsen

DST

Seahawks
Patriots

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, this time I'm going to check out your picks before I enter my LUs. :) I'm just doing the quarter arcade GPPs at the moment for brm and n00b education, but really enjoying it so far.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'm having fun with it this season. It's getting tougher as the season progresses though. The salaries are starting to align better with actual value. There were almost no clear cut value plays at RB this week.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fired tons of GPP LU's this week, no cash. Hoping for a big score, gl fellow punters.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fired a bunch too. I also entered eight double ups. Probably not a great decision but I don't see how playing H2H's are profitable. It seems like only the grinders play those and the break even % is over 55% while the BE% for DU's is 50%.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QB

Russell Wilson - 16.2 pts
Nick Foles - 7.88 pts

RB

Le'Veon Bell - 26.2 pts
Dion Lewis - 17.7 pts

Fred Jackson - 4.2 pts

WR

Demaryius Thomas 23.2 pts
John Brown - 9.2 pts
Cecil Shorts - 11.8 pts
Doug Baldwin - 6.5 pts
Allen Robinson - 10.8 pts
Brandon Marshall - 28.9 pts
Jarvis Landry - 16.6 pts

TE

Rob Gronkowski - 17.1 pts
Greg Olsen - 36.4 pts

DST

Seahawks - 18 pts
Patriots - 5 pts

Struck out on QB this week. Wilson didn't have a bad game but 16 pts from a QB with a great match up is far from ideal, and I'm probably done with Nick Foles.

A crazy amount of players (WRs especially) had big games this week, which is not good for us because a lot of really poor value plays were rewarded (i.e. Julio Jones). Made a little profit though.

How did everyone else do?

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Struck out on QB this week. Wilson didn't have a bad game but 16 pts from a QB with a great match up is far from ideal, and I'm probably done with Nick Foles.

A crazy amount of players (WRs especially) had big games this week, which is not good for us because a lot of really poor value plays were rewarded (i.e. Julio Jones). Made a little profit though.

How did everyone else do?

Had my best scores this week, with a 186.22 and a 206.20. I did have Julio Jones and A.J. Green in one of those lineups. Wanted to steer clear of Jones due to high salary and probable high %draft, but had to have him in at least one LU for just a quarter. I spent $2 and got $1.50 back, so not exactly crushing the arcades, but having fun and trying to make good selections each week.

I have a hard time gauging value and need to read up on that, aside from just reading player descriptions off of DK. Don't want to be min-cashing with the herd forever, and I think the missing link is the value picks.

QBs in those two lineups were Matt Ryan and Tom Brady.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah value is super important even in GPP's. It's all that matters in H2H or Double Ups. For a quick reference, Number Fire gives each player's value figure based on their own projection. I believe they use (points-per-dollar * 10³).

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lost like 20$ this week. Had multiple LU's hit 170 and not cash, which just shows how sick this week truly was.

Best LU had 210 and ran pretty deep, but not enough to overcome the other 6 losers. I'm hovering around +30$ on DK, +310$ on FD so far this year.

edit: F u nick foles

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right? Such a sick week. Scored almost 190 in the prime time contest and cashed for $5. The $100k winner last week scored ~165. The MM winner this week scored over 300. o_o

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
made 450 in college football and 300 nfl good week for me

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey i scored 56pts tonight from 4 players in that game not bad.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
made 450 in college football and 300 nfl good week for me

Nice. I haven't played any college yet. I've been thinking about getting into it but idk if I have time for it.

hey i scored 56pts tonight from 4 players in that game not bad.

Not bad, but hopefully it's for a Double Up or H2H. I tend to stay away from Thursday games/contests.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I think especially a PIT/BALT thursday night game was an obvious stay away situation.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Picks this week:

QB

Aaron Rodgers
Colin Kaepernick**

RB

Matt Forte
Karlos Williams
Melvin Gordon

WR

Demaryius Thomas
Emmanuel Sanders
Randall Cobb
Amari Cooper
Pierre Garcon
Anquan Boldin**
Rueben Randle
Marvin Jones

TE

Greg Olsen
Charles Clay**

DST

Cardinals

**Not in any of my lineups. Only because I either couldn't fit them anywhere or had salary left over for better players.

For anyone interested, FantasyPros has a cool App on their site called the Lineup Optimizer. I haven't used it to create any of my lineups but I've messed with it. You can enter a few core players that you definitely want in your lineup and it will fill in the rest. Apparently somebody created a lineup with it a few weeks ago but didn't end up entering it into the Millionaire Maker. It would have won it by a landslide. That guy has to be puking his guts out.

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this should be a good week for me we will see i have a lot of what you have in my line up's good luck all

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ew. What a bad week. Couldn't even cash in a Double Up.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spent $1 and won $3.50 in the $50k gtd quarter arcade. The interesting thing was the player who won 1st for $2k also won 2nd for $1.5k, 20th for $80, 31st for $50, 55th for $30, 179th for $10, and ironically goes by the name "slimshot" lol. Now that's some serious rungood!

Last edited:
Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

So unfortunate. It's gonna make DFS look bad. But it might also get some stronger regulation and such.

Spent $1 and won $3.50 in the $50k gtd quarter arcade. The interesting thing was the player who won 1st for $2k also won 2nd for $1.5k, 20th for $80, 31st for $50, 55th for $30, 179th for $10, and ironically goes by the name "slimshot" lol. Now that's some serious rungood!

Haha sick. I'm assuming he used basically the same lineup and just swapped like one position every time?

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha sick. I'm assuming he used basically the same lineup and just swapped like one position every time?

Here is a vid with his lineups, just to see if anything useful can be gleaned. I haven't looked into it heavily yet, but it looks like there is a core set of players he used, then he swapped a few out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn28k597068nj64/SlimShot.wmv?dl=0

I'm a little confused by the number of entries in parenthesis next to his name. Does it mean that's how many entries he made at a specific time, or is there more than one DK user named slimshot? Not sure, but I sort of expected the numbers to be the same for a single user.

At any rate, looks like that's the plight of playing the arcades. Seems likely you'll be displaced out of the big money a fair amount by large multi-entry players who seem to know what they're doing. I'm not discouraged by it though. I'm thinking if you can't beat em, join em, and just drop more quarters in the machine. :)

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His lineups don't seem to be all that great from a value stand point. He just happened to hit on a few key players he put in.

I searched for him on Rotogrinders but he doesn't seem to be a member. Doesn't mean he's auto-terrible or anything, but a lot of the top players are on there.