Rolland Garros 2020

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After I see Swiatek against Halep, I bet on her. 19 years old and she is so solid and have a variat game. Very impresive for Iga. :)

I do love seeing young up-and-comers having deep runs in the majors. However, I have to route for one of the remaining American women to take the title. Sofia Kenin is currently ranked no. 6 in the world and the reigning Aussie Open champ. And of course there is Danielle Collins. Winning the French would send one more big "I told you so" to the coaching staff at the University of Florida, where she rode the bench and was unable to get any attention from the coaches before transferring to Virginia where she won two NCAA singles titles.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
During the first week of the performances of the players, it seems like according to the bookies that Novak Djokovic is becoming the first favorite to win the Garros instead of Rafael Nadal, which is a lit bit strange and will be very interesting to see if he will win it this year. Maybe that is due to the fact that Nadal must beat Thiem/Schwartzman to reach the final and Djokovic is not having a tough opponent to the final and the odds are for him.

Who says there is no luck in professional sports? That is a clear illustration of the "luck of the draw".

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who says there is no luck in professional sports? That is a clear illustration of the "luck of the draw".

Of course. Agree with that argument. Luck is everywhere in our lives. The most significant part of the life and sports accordingly here.

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking forward for amazing final with Djoko and Nadal :bebored:

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what it seems to be heading towards.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So it's going to be Sofia Kenin vs. Iga Swiatek on the ladies side. Sofia Kenin looked strong against Petra Kvitova who was probably considered the favorite since Halep's ouster. But while I will admit to loving my American tennis players, there is absolutely no way to play down the way Swiatek has played from the outset of this tournament. She has absolutely demolished every opponent she has faced on her way to the final, including the aforementioned Simona Halep. I don't think anyone has even come close to winning a set against her during this Roland Garros. I am rooting for the American, but I definitely would not bet against the Polish player. I'm looking forward to seeing a great match between these two.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Djokovic still standing. I hope he wins. It is gonna be tough Semis vs the Greek guy.
But he is playing very well. He won before and knows how to get there again. I was in Paris back on 2106 when he won Roland Garros.
GO DJOKO !
Cheers,
M.D.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm also rooting for Djokovic to win the French Open just because of the fact I'm tired of seeing someone winning it too much.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just can't bring myself to be mad at Rafa for dominating on the red clay. He was raised on clay. It's in his blood. I said it before, if you cut Rafael Nadal he will probably bleed clay. I don't expect him to beat the likes of Djokovic or Federer on hard courts. And we all know that Federer owns the grass at Wimbledon like it was his own front lawn. But Rafa is at home on Court Philippe Chatrier at Stade Roland Garros.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what I have seen in the games of Rafael Nadal and novak I can say that anything can happen but it is certainly between the two

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rafa refuses to give any sets to opponents. Would be cool to see win tourny without set lost but maybe Djoko gets one

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rafa refuses to give any sets to opponents. Would be cool to see win tourny without set lost but maybe Djoko gets one

I don't like him, but every time will admit that this guy is brutal on that surface. Totally respect for him, that is unbelievable 98-2 record on Rolland Garros is something will never be broken and will stay in the history of the tournament and the sport, too.

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like him, but every time will admit that this guy is brutal on that surface. Totally respect for him, that is unbelievable 98-2 record on Rolland Garros is something will never be broken and will stay in the history of the tournament and the sport, too.

I am not fan either (those serve maneuvers :turtle: get boring pretty fast, yawn) but got to give credit to him for reasons you mentioned.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm starting to worry that the king of clay going to win it again. Also Djokovic having to play 5 sets in his semis will affect him in the finals I reckon. Maybe I should bet on Rafa to win it even though I don't want him to.

M

Mike491

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nadal has to win he has only lost twice in his entire career at the French Open.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will be very interesting final between Nadal and Djokovic. I really think that we can see a lot of drama and full match including 5 sets. It will be very important what the weather will be and how the players will adapt to the conditions.