Premier League to begin in June?

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, my opinion is that the game will begin in June, but of course without spectators. They say that the teams will begin full training at the end of May. I'd like to believe in it and I hope that this epidemic will end soon. Everyone has already missed the cool football !!!!!!!!!!!!!

georgel2384

georgel2384

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope so. But it's hard to say at this moment, in the last days the number of new cases of covid in uk are very high.

B

brightonlad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Football when it is safe

I think we should have football back when safe to do so for spectators and players to.

Lets hope it wont be long

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The premier league of france has already suspended the entire league for the rest of this year, this is a shame for all football fans

B

brightonlad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be surprised if football returns this season

After seeing German players test positive I think the push to re start football is purely financial.

This does not consider the players, officials or those very important backroom staff that keep the game going.

Sadly everything will revolve around finance :mad:. Lets hope common sense prevails.

There is a thought.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if English I really hope so. if the Russian is better not worth it.

J

javolk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a good way to start, without the public it will be much more difficult for the virus to spread. Of course the players have to undergo strict checks every week ... Soccer will be good for those of us who stay at home ..

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All sports should start immediately, not only the Premier League. This virus will exist for a lot of years in the future, if the doctors and scientists not find a medicine against it. We should all observe the rules from the governments, but can not wait years to return the sport. Okay now at the start let it be without spectators, but from the next year I think there should be not a problem about that. Also, that will increase the interest in a lot of people,which will try to affect positive their lives at the moment.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We hope that everything is right, things in the world are very inserted

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super news:) but the stadium loses its power without fans. the home team has less of an advantage

geitenkamper

geitenkamper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, the show must go on.
Many people enjoy watching sports, at home, even without public.
We still have to wait many months before a whole stadium can be filled with public.

So the best is to start right away with sports events without public, because people enjoy the sports, and many money goes round in the sports world, so its good for the economict too that the shows goes on.

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
too early, I think it's better not to take risks

T

Ter_rnd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HOORAY! Yellow blue is the strongest!

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
thank god i need my liverpool win the epl money

The title is virtually already won, but unfortunately it will not be a glorious celebration in the end with fans, due to the Coronavirus crisis. :confused:

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they reopen in June, this will be a weird title for Liverpool. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, but they won't be able to celebrate it or at least they shouldn't (to honor the victims). Hopefully next season they can be at the same level.

I'm a Barcelona fan, but wish you the best!

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's been weird watching germany with the piped in crowd noise. But, good games and very entertaining.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the premier call will be back because it is the best tournament in the world and the one that gives the most income to all of Europe. and since Germany was the first to make it clear that England will return with the best championship ever!

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have mixed opinions about this one.

However not sure if they should start the championship once again.

But you know, you brittish have Boris Johnson. :D

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
soccer

I think its ok as long as it is closed doors, if not it can be really dangerous for another spread of the virus

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Liverpool champions about time!!!

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There was no solution that wouldn't leave clubs feeling aggrieved. End the season in the current standings or using points per game and teams just below who felt they could have gone on a run will be annoyed.
Write the season off and Liverpool miss out on a first title in 30 years, Leicester miss out on their first CL campaign in 4 years and only their 2nd ever (I think), Sheffield United miss out on what I believe would be their first season in Europe etc. plus Leeds and West Brom miss out on promotion (which Leeds have been waiting 16 years for!)
So this was the only way but it's still not ideal. But it's better than the only 2 alternatives

swerdnase

swerdnase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with Davey H, there's a lot of weird contractual maneuvering that has to happen if the EPL gets cancelled, and prolly a lot of lawsuits as well. For example, who gets relegated? The EFL has agreements in place that allow their top sides to get promoted. If the season gets cancelled, then those teams miss out on promotion, and therefore, EPL television deals then. Money that was rightfully due to them.

It's all very complicated but with all the potential ramifications on the line, ending the season looks like the easiest thing to do.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
we got epl on a wednesday man city and arsenal