Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Skate? You even can not use it for transport purposes, when you live and work in places with high level amplitudes. It is for fun only, like widgets.
Brake dance sounds like Flash dance :p

Karate was excluded, dunno why? Weightlifting remained, but not sure about it in the future. The same applies with Wrestling.

All in all we have 32 sports included in the present Olympics, what is small number upon my mind, but OK - with all the variants it reaches over 100 sport disciplines.

As a conclusion: NO Skate, NO Break Dance!
Bring back: KARATE!
Don't know about weightlifting, but wrestling was where it all started wasn't it?🤔🤔

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't see much difference between break dancing and floor gymnastics or ice dancing. I really don't. All the same skills and athleticism on show, choreography etc.

I do find it funny that some people equate break dancing with young people when it's us 'old' folk who invented it in the 1970s and 80s. 😁
Your timeline is right, but I'm not sure you was in your 30s doing it, as I believe the Australian guy was. He's too old for that now.😁😁

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Your timeline is right, but I'm not sure you was in your 30s doing it, as I believe the Australian guy was. He's too old for that now.😁😁
I was 12 in 1982. I remember when Herbie Hancock's 'Rock - it' came out and break dancing and BMX were the big things with us kids. Was 'Rock - it' 1983? I think it was.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
break dancing cant be judged ....get rid of it . i dont think golf or tennis should be included either ,both already have extended tours and major championship events .

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree, football is the most egregious inclusion as it is not an elite competition. Tennis and golf golds are secondary to major tournaments.
Rugby Union doesn't feel right for me, it's secondary, fun version to the real thing!

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Break dance was added in an attempt to bring more young people and attract youth to Olympic games. Big break dance competitions, like The Red Bull BC One, have huge international following, and I don't think bringing this to Olympics is a bad idea long term. If you're against it, it just shows you're not in a target group, sorry 😀
That Aussie lady made it practically dangerous for the break dancing community, well, to even break out in a dance. Set the 'sport' back decades in my opinion, though that was not her intention. I do not believe it should have been added to the list of events in the 2024 Olympic Games, but that is now in hindsight.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skate? You even can not use it for transport purposes, when you live and work in places with high level amplitudes. It is for fun only, like widgets.
Brake dance sounds like Flash dance :p

Karate was excluded, dunno why? Weightlifting remained, but not sure about it in the future. The same applies with Wrestling.

All in all we have 32 sports included in the present Olympics, what is small number upon my mind, but OK - with all the variants it reaches over 100 sport disciplines.

As a conclusion: NO Skate, NO Break Dance!
Bring back: KARATE!
Karate is lame. Did you even see how the guy won the gold medal in kumite? You just gotta get knocked out by getting kicked in the face. Your opponent will then get "disqualified" for knocking you out and you get gold. 🤣

I mean, isnt TaeKwonDo already in the Olympics? TaeKwonDo is basically Karate with kicks. Why do we need variant of Karate? Im glad Karate is gone. It was the lamest shit ive ever seen back in 2021. Only one to beat karate in being a lame sport is breakdancing. Bboying has gone downhill. I used to love bboying but times have changed, all old school bboys with powermoves are gone, and bboying has gone soft. Very happy bboying and karate are both gone!!!!!

Last edited:
PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Break dance was added in an attempt to bring more young people and attract youth to Olympic games. Big break dance competitions, like The Red Bull BC One, have huge international following, and I don't think bringing this to Olympics is a bad idea long term. If you're against it, it just shows you're not in a target group, sorry 😀
Bboying is past its prime. Bboying shouldve been added back in 2008 or 2012 when all the powermove bboys used to be popular. Now, bboying has gone soft. They dont value powermoves anymore. This is how they lost popularity. When everyone dances to musicality rubric and Battle of the Year judges only values choreograph routines and musicality over powermoves, it loses popularity.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bboying something I've never heard off.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Top 10 Games