Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ongoing debate

I'll start I don't want football, tennis or golf. I'm a fan off all but not for me 🚫 unless it's amateurs.

Your thoughts ❓

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sport that I don't like at all is break dancing and the organization has added it as the only additional sport in competition, and they have left other popular sports such as indoor soccer.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Skate?? Break dance?? What is that?? ' That's not sport please

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have to agree @Ricey155

Football at the Olympic seems totally out of place and i would rather it wasn't an Olympic sport.

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Be careful what you wish for.

R. I. P. Tug-o'-War competition (1900-1920)

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Skate? You even can not use it for transport purposes, when you live and work in places with high level amplitudes. It is for fun only, like widgets.
Brake dance sounds like Flash dance :p

Karate was excluded, dunno why? Weightlifting remained, but not sure about it in the future. The same applies with Wrestling.

All in all we have 32 sports included in the present Olympics, what is small number upon my mind, but OK - with all the variants it reaches over 100 sport disciplines.

As a conclusion: NO Skate, NO Break Dance!
Bring back: KARATE!

Igor G

Igor G

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Ongoing debate

I'll start I don't want football, tennis or golf. I'm a fan off all but not for me 🚫 unless it's amateurs.

Your thoughts ❓
I think it is not good to reduce the number of sports included in the list of Olympic competitions. I love sports, but I love sports on TV. I lie on the sofa and enjoy watching athletes from different countries compete. So the more sports there are, the more choice there is :)

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't like those "urban" sports to be part of the Olympics.
I've heard a sports journalist saying that there are some perfectionist disciplines such as gimnastic or diving, and then you have skateborading where some participants fall every two or three attempts.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My vibe, love swimming, athletics, shooting and so on. Basketball can also move away for me.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Break dance was added in an attempt to bring more young people and attract youth to Olympic games. Big break dance competitions, like The Red Bull BC One, have huge international following, and I don't think bringing this to Olympics is a bad idea long term. If you're against it, it just shows you're not in a target group, sorry 😀

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Leftist have literally made men punching women in the face an official Olympic sport... I don't think it should be featured.

https://nypost.com/2024/08/01/sport...t6KYpXF7IcWV9Vzsfg_aem_DzzhFaCHfslDCJop2sz77Q

View attachment 366424
Totally agree.
The conditions are not equal, such a person should not enter the competition. But according to the fantastic Olympic Committee, there is no problem with that. There is a huge problem in the heads, that much is certain.
But after that disgusting antics at the Olympic opening what can we wait for?

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I don't see much difference between break dancing and floor gymnastics or ice dancing. I really don't. All the same skills and athleticism on show, choreography etc.

I do find it funny that some people equate break dancing with young people when it's us 'old' folk who invented it in the 1970s and 80s. 😁

seiya1989

seiya1989

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
This woman has participated in many tournaments and has lost. and he has had no problems, he also participated in Tokyo 2020 without much success. Now because an Italian woman came out to cry, is all the controversy breaking out? The only time they disqualified her from an event was when they realized she could win it by reaching the final. Either you always participate or you should never participate. it's like that

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
why on earth is breaking(breakdancing ) a sport in the olympics it needs to be removed imediately

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Breakdancing, it’s not a sport. It’s a pastime. The Olympic committee keep blocking the Sport of Squash every 4 years. Defies belief really. I think they are just trying to get the youth market to watch.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ongoing debate

Your thoughts ❓

Amateurs have little, if anything to do with the Olympics today.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought the Olympics were only entered by those that didn't do it for a living/professionally

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ongoing debate

Your thoughts ❓
I agree. These sports already have a platform of their own and huge public paid funding, so they don't need anymore publicity or highlighting.
In the UK, they dominate the main licence fee paid stations, without any permission or choice to the taxpayers, so the Olympics should only showcase sports that are highly skilled, don't get much airtime and equally entertaining.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Breakdancing, it’s not a sport. It’s a pastime. The Olympic committee keep blocking the Sport of Squash every 4 years. Defies belief really. I think they are just trying to get the youth market to watch.
Modern times of inclusion and exclusive.

Not sure what the ancient Greeks would've made of people writhing about on the floor as an Olympic sport. That said, I did watch the two girls in the final and Japan taking Gold. Fair play to those moves!!

Equally, it used to be a young person teen pastime. In my book 37 isn't really a youthful age, to still having a crack at it.

The Orthopedic wards in a few years time, will be full of competitors, if they keep it up.....

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Top 10 Games