The NBA suspends the season

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well folks now it's the NBA's turn, the US National Basketball Association (NBA). suspended all season for a case of coronavirus among the players. This Wednesday, a Utah Jazz player has preliminarily tested covid-19 positive. The infected player is Frenchman Rudy Gobert. who plays for the Utah Jazz team, it is said that he was not at the sports facility:(:eek:

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
NBA suspends season on coronavirus

The NBA announced this Thursday at dawn the suspension until further notice of the season. The American League has made this drastic decision after the positive for Rudy Gobert's coronavirus (COVID-19)

:eek::eek::eek:

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Season is not over yet they still going to think what to do next it's possible than they will play games without spectator. Need wait for next nba announcement.

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure if they are going to be able to finish this season. Such a pity.. but as the other user said. Health above all

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It had to be done. All other sports and rec need to follow suit.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We're all going to be quarantined without any sports on tv.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Until things are figured out, it is now a reality that sports really is not that important in the large scope of things. The money part is going to be huge, no march madness, no MLB for awhile, no NHL, no NBA, concerts, broadway all done for now. We are talking alot of people out of work and cities that benefit from the increase in people coming to town to attend these events. Buns for all the hotdogs, the hotdogs, beer, this is going to hit alot of people in the wallet. I agree with the decisions being made, but it is at a cost, but not at a cost that is more valuable than human life!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Rudy Gobert made a fool of himself and the NBA for his antics at the press conference a few days ago. Grabbing/wiping the press conference table and microphones to show everyone how macho and unafraid of the virus he was...then promptly becoming the first player to contract it and likely infecting his teammate to boot.

The only positive from this is high profile individuals catching it will make the general public more aware of how infectious this strain is. If the likes of Tom Hanks and his wife, Mikel Arteta the young manager of Arsenal FC have contracted it people will grasp everyone is at risk.

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The NBA made the right move, no need to endanger people by playing

Greg0201

Greg0201

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont know how i feel about this !! i feel like maybe they should play then again idk.. im back and forth on this one!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Adam Silver made the right decision to stop the games. The virus is now everywhere and people can die .

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
NBA suspended for at least 30 days- Adam Silver has a tough time and he looks like he hasn't had a good night's rest for a while now(he had to deal with China, Kobe's death, Stern's death and now this)... hopefully things will get better soon in the World, we'll manage to beat this nasty virus and everything will get back to 'normal'.

Stay safe everyone.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It had to be done. All other sports and rec need to follow suit.
NCAA just shut down all their spring Championships, baseball, basketball, softball, tennis, etc all done. I am a teacher and we just canceled school for two weeks and now there will be no “live” sports to watch on tv.

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very unfortunate everything that is happening in the sports world, little by little the world is paralyzing, sport, education, politics, commerce. Everything that moves the world is paralyzing, it is a shame COVID19 is wreaking havoc in all countries. It hurts a lot to watch the news and see that every hour the deaths from this deadly virus increase.

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now Chis Wood of the Pistons tested positive for Covid 19

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not too great news as the NBA has suspended the season. I hope all is well.

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I want to say my opinion about the NBA. I really want him back because I want to see Lebron James win the championship, let's hope that when the coronavirus thing happens, sports will resume worldwide

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being a huge sports fan, thank goodness for internet poker !!!!!!! I'm going through Major sports withdrawal.

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They should just cancel this season and start fresh when things get normal due to different effects corona has had to each team.