NBA Free Agency 2017

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The future of the NBA seen will be in Minesota and Phiadelphia. Many young and talent players.

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of Moves this offseason.

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heyward just signed wtih Boston. CAvs and Celtics Eastern Conference FInals Confirmed. LOL

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And now... Hayward may not be heading to Boston... his agent now denies the first rumour. The denial was posted by Woj so it's legit. Maybe a delay in announcing because of a possible sign-and-trade

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And Hayward is heading to Boston after all. 4 yrs 128 mil.
New standings for me
East: Cavs, Celts, Raps, Wiz, Bucks, Sixers, Pistons, Hornets... Heat just miss out
West: Dubs, Rockets, Spurs, T-Wolves, Thunder, Clippers, Nuggets, Pelicans... Portland, Sacramento and Memphis just miss out

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patterson taking a huge pay cut to go to the Thunder. They now overtake the T-Wolves imo. The Thunder needed a starting stretch 4 and that's excatly what they got. I think Pat will fit great beside Adams as well.

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boston x Cavs, at least with 6 games now, because last season not even close lol.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The east has gotten so weak with Butler and George going west. Boston finally landed a player but I thought they could've done so much better since they have so many assets. And especially looking at what OKC gave up to get George.

steved757

steved757

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This off-season been more interested than the whole season last year. Hopefully this will mean more competition and not be so lopsided even though most of the talent is in the West Conference.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Boston ended up having to give up a lot to sign Haywood. They still short too they are looking to trade Smart to NYK or Bradley to Pistons to clear the remaining cap room. They also are exploring in trading for Marc Gasol don't know why or how that is even going to work.

Signings from yesterday.

Dirk remains in Dalls 2 year $10M
Olynyk -> Heat 4 year 50M
James Johnson resigns Heat 4 year 60M
Rudy Gay -> Spurs 2 year 17M
Kings -> Vince Carter 1 yr 8 M; George Hill 3 yr 57M; Zach Randolf 2 yr 24M
On a side note Memphis plan to retire Randolf jersey no. 50
Milos Teodosic -> Clippers 2 years 12M From Serbia saw him in Olympics can pass and defend lob city might still be alive. He has some limitations with shot making though consider him a 6 5 Ricky Rubio that can defend.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
James Harden to a four-year contract extension for about $160 million Saturday, giving him a total six-year deal with $228 million guaranteed. This is now the record for highest contract surpassing the $201M Curry signed for this summer.

Well done Beard.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The east has gotten so weak with Butler and George going west. Boston finally landed a player but I thought they could've done so much better since they have so many assets. And especially looking at what OKC gave up to get George.
Paul George is only a one year rental. He is going to LA after this season.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Paul George is only a one year rental. He is going to LA after this season.

He says he going to L.A. next season.

Does not necessarily mean he will go.

I do not understand his thinking though Lakers are poop right now and will poop for the foreseeable future. Don't know why he would want to waste his prime years there as a lottery team. He should ring chase next 3-4 years on a real contender then go to Lakers and try and rebuild the franchise there the timeline is is good Ingram/Ball should be entering their prime then.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Want to get you guys thoughts on the Lonzo Ball hype.

My view is his father is an annoying douche but good father and the kid seems cool. Kid can play can pass and got size but needs to improve shot and defensively there a lot of great points guards especially in west that will eat his lunch on a nightly basis like Fox did in the NCAA tournament.

Plenty hype around him as being a transcendent player that will change the Lakers fortunes and be an all star caliber player I do not see it. I see him being a good NBA player maybe 15 pts 10 Assists 6 boards dude. More in line with player like Rondo rather than Magic.

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ANd The Bulls like always screwing things up.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Want to get you guys thoughts on the Lonzo Ball hype.

My view is his father is an annoying douche but good father and the kid seems cool. Kid can play can pass and got size but needs to improve shot and defensively there a lot of great points guards especially in west that will eat his lunch on a nightly basis like Fox did in the NCAA tournament.

Plenty hype around him as being a transcendent player that will change the Lakers fortunes and be an all star caliber player I do not see it. I see him being a good NBA player maybe 15 pts 10 Assists 6 boards dude. More in line with player like Rondo rather than Magic.

I was high on Fox vs Ball and sorta still am. But Ball has great vision and its kind of amazing how he sees the floor especially being young. I always like defensive players because they can improve on a jump shot over time. But its harder to the opposite unless physically you have it. So Ball has great size at the point which will help. And fox should get better at the deep shot. We'll see who turns into the better player.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raptors cap dump Carroll to the Nets and then ship Joseph to the Pacers for CJ Miles. I think they're better then the Celtics with Hayward, especially now that Bradley is gone.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I think the Celtics made some real blunders this off season will see how they do. Raps can beat them Wizards can be them. The should have kept Bradley trade IT now maybe get Ball/Fultz they got so much assets they could have gotten Taytem even if they kept their top pick.

Side note A. Bradley was in my parts about a month a back he was running a clinic for youngsters apparently his wife is from my country.

Can't wait for bball season to start back just bored every night without it.

M

midni7e7oker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realize this is the FA thread, but I can't help but give a shout-out to my team in Portland. A full off-season with Nurkic, Caleb Swanigan looking like a beast in the pre-season, and the Blazers are the sleeper team in the West that no one's talking about. Granted, their front office has given out some flat-out stupid contracts over the past few seasons (Leonard and Harkless guaranteed 30m/3 years, Evan Turner guaranteed 53m/3y, are you freaking kidding me?!) but given their lack of resources they actually drafted some good complementary pieces this year.

Also, depending on the Rondo that they get, the Pelicans are gonna be an interesting team to follow.

M

midni7e7oker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In regards to Lonzo Ball, he's obviously talented. He's seemed very laidback, much like their No. 2 pick from last year, Brandon Ingram. Moving forward, it's obvious that Ball is/will be the face of the franchise, but he's the sort of player who absolutely needs an alpha male on the team who's willing to say the things that Ball seems hesitant to say. Of course, I could be completely wrong about his demeanor inside the locker room and in practice facilities. I'm making my judgments based on what I've seen from his college days and the almost daily media updates.

All that said, he's clearly talented. He's got exceptional court vision and passing skills. He can score, though he obviously prefers to create better opportunities for his teammates. The only determining factors I foresee are health and work ethic. Barring injury and given Kobe's work ethic with his current potential and yes, he could easily turn into an All-Star. But I haven't heard amazing things about that, just the standard statements like "he works hard" and other generic statements.

NBA's a fickle place, though, and sometimes potential gets swept by the wayside. Whatever happens, I wish him success. More talent in the NBA is more entertainment for me.

M

midni7e7oker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He says he going to L.A. next season.

Does not necessarily mean he will go.

I do not understand his thinking though Lakers are poop right now and will poop for the foreseeable future. Don't know why he would want to waste his prime years there as a lottery team. He should ring chase next 3-4 years on a real contender then go to Lakers and try and rebuild the franchise there the timeline is is good Ingram/Ball should be entering their prime then.
He's essentially doing everything he can to get the Lakers to commit to building for the immediate future, i.e. next year, while leaving himself an out in case the situation in LA implodes. The heavy media exposure means that every other FA seeking a contender in 2018 will have to consider the Lakers based on three factors.

1. Ball's ability to make an immediate impact, which PG will be monitoring all year.
2. The Lakers ability to sign PG.
3. It's the Lakers, one of the most prestigious organizations in American sports, period.

If these things happen, free agency is gonna get crazy next year.

I honestly do think that Paul George not being an All-Star, and hence losing his rights to a super-max, is part of the reason why he's so willing to leave.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Juicy rumor out now Irving to Phoenix in return my Cavs get Bledsoe, Josh Jackson and a future 1st rounder.

Bledsoe D Rose and LBJ are working out this week in L.A.

I like the trade if Bledsoe can stay healthy. Josh Jackson was supposedly the best prospect in this year's draft although he went 4th. We don't necessarily have to flip him for a veteran we can keep him. He gives us another defender to throw at KD. He was a good defender in college and extremely athletic. Plus gives The Land something to build around just in case LBJ gets tired of Gilbert and bolts.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt Josh Jackson will be included in the trade. If he was it would be an upgrade for the Cavs imo. The Suns seem like the best option, the ones with assets to trade with Cavs. Its crazy how Kyrie and Lebron had this rift. Lebron is the ultimate teammate and Kyrie always got a chance to have the ball. Kyrie won't succeed unless he has another all star or great team to be successful.

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Kyrie goes to San Antonio.