NBA Free Agency 2017

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Busy pre-free agency this year already as there has been a flurry of trades. PG13 to OKC for Oladipo and Sabonis. CP3 to the Rockets for Lou Will and Beverly. Butler to Minny for Lavine and Dunn.

Below are all the deals that have taken place, which I will keep updating

Point Guards:
Stephen Curry: five-year, $201 million max deal with Warriors
Chris Paul: Traded to Rockets, opted in to final year at $24.6 million
Jrue Holiday: Re-signs with Pelicans for 5 years, $125 million
Jeff Teague: Timberwolves on a 3-year, $57 million deal
Patty Mills: Re-signs with Spurs for 4 years, $50 million
Shaun Livingston: Stays in Golden State with 3-year, $24 million deal

Pending Free Agents yet to sign: Lowry, Hill, D-Rose, Collison

Shooting Guard:
Tony Snell re-signs in Milwaukee for 4 years, 46 million

Pending Unrestricted Free Agents (UFA) yet to Sign: Redick, Waiters, Korver, Ginobili
Pending Restricted Free Agents (RFA) het to Sign: Caldwell-Pope, Simmons, Hardaway Jr.

Small Forward:

Pending UFAs yet to sign: Hayward, Gay, Iguodala, Miles, Evans, Tucker
Pending RFAs yet to sign: Porter Jr., Roberson, Ingles, Bogdanovic

I'll do the other two positions in the next post.

Pending

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Power Forward:
Blake Griffin: 5 years, 173 million with the Clippers
David West: re-signs with Warriors

Pending UFAs: Durant, Millsap, Ibaka, Gallinari, Nowitzki, Randolph, James and Amir Johnson, Gibson, Patterson, Beasley, Ilyasova, Jeff Green
Pending RFAs: Jamychal Green, Mirotic

Center:
Cristiano Felicio: re-signs with Bulls for 4 years, 32 million

Pending UFAs: Gasol, Nene, Dedmon, Speights,
Pending RFAs: Noel, Olynyk, Mason Plumlee, Len

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Minnesota is now starting to look scary.
Teague, Wiggins, Butler, Dieng, Towns...

They aren't going to compete with the Warriors but have easily become a top 5 team in the West.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Minnesota is now starting to look scary.
Teague, Wiggins, Butler, Dieng, Towns...

They aren't going to compete with the Warriors but have easily become a top 5 team in the West.

If they stay together 2/3 years they will be contenders for sure. They need some pieces smaller rotation players and a better C/PF Dieng is a nice player but would prefer someone else to start he can come off bench. Maybe an experienced one Milsap/Randolf would be ideal if they can get now or they can can wait and get one either at trading deadline or next year.

They have an excellent coach in Tibbs and has proven this year he can be a good executive as well with the moves he made.

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
76ers will be scary in the future. Minnesota too.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
This PG13 trade is mind boggling for stupidity on the Pacers side. For the Tunder it is great, even if PG13 walks out the door next year the point of this trade is to get Russ to sign and ext plus as a bonus they get rid of the Olandipo contract so they will have cap if PG13 walks. Sam Presti is a genius for getting Pacers to do this trade.

On the Pacers side I get it why they want to trade PG13 and also why they go for Olandipo as he would sell tickets he played in Indy in college. But they should have gotten way more, those two a pair of first rounders and Kanter should have been the minimum haul.

Cavs essentially offered them Shump/Frye & Love much better deal they could have flipped those two for better assets than they got plus from a value standpoint better players. They wanted Irving not Love. Boston reportedly offered them next year's Nets pick and Celtics Pick they wanted both those and this year's Nets one which Celtics took Taytum with.

The timing made no sense as well just wait it out maybe Boston/Cleveland or someone else get desperate and offer more. Rumor has it Boston was pitching to Hayward that they would get PG13 if Hayward signs if your Indy wait till Hayward commits to Boston then squeeze every ounce of assets you get form them.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
76ers have been trying to rebuild for 20 years... not sure I believe it until they win some games!

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree. I Like Noel, but they have other options. Maybe this year Williams​ be the

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Health major concern for Sixers if they all stay healthy they should be close to .500.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Some updates to who interested
Sixers sign Amir Johnson and JJ Redick. JJ got $23M on a one year and Johnson around $12 I think.

Rockets - Nene back on market he ended up 12 days short in age to get a 4 yr deal so he did not want the 3 year one $10M. Also Cavs are looking to send Shump to Rockets a pick and some expiring contracts so they can clear cap space to offer Korver a better deal and maybe sign someone else.

Cavs sign Jose Calderon for minimum I guess they might let D Will walk. Could possibly save a small amount of cap space there. Z. Randolf and Cavs has rumored to have reach an agreement details should come in tomorrow.

J

Jshook

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Clipper fan, not too upset

I was wondering what you guys think will happen with the clippers. I believed we needed to move from our core 3 im just wondering what jerry west and doc are thinking moving forward. I didnt mind a full rebuild but it looks like they are trying to re-tool. Thoughts on the Clips?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I was wondering what you guys think will happen with the clippers. I believed we needed to move from our core 3 im just wondering what jerry west and doc are thinking moving forward. I didnt mind a full rebuild but it looks like they are trying to re-tool. Thoughts on the Clips?

Doc has to go and take his son with him for you guys to start to go anywhere. They probably give him a year or two along with Blake to see if things can work if not move on from both and clear house and rebuild from scratch.

CP3 was a ball hog that wasn't really a friendly player always upset always crying to referee having said that he was their best player and did a lot to elevate team to where it is and deserved his money they did not want to give him the 5th year.

Resigning Blake is smart risky business move to sell tickets they are not going anywhere championship wise and got no good future assets right now to rebuild roster from scratch. Plus new stadium soon so got to fill seats. Contract is very risky and could come back to bite them in the behind because of Blake injury history they could get the contract insured so if god forbid and Blake gets hurt long term and cannot play contract remains on books for duration period.

In terms of the team next season the trade with Houston got some players P. Beverley good defender and can hit an outside shot very feisty character. L. Williams good scorer can come off bench but you guys J. Crawford almost identical players.

You guys need a 2 guard to replace JJ not heard anything about who they targeting. Also you guys got a lot of players that can use to swing a trade for. But Doc has shown from his time here he is not too good with trades and GM stuff as a whole.

Offense has to run through Blake now in the post he is actually a good passer and playmaker and was over shadowed by CP3 in that regard we will see if he can rise and answer the bell with the responsibility of carrying the franchise.

If guys stay healthy they should be in the mix for 7/8 seed.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Point Guards:
MCW with the Hornets 1 year 2.7 mil.
Calderon for vet's minimum with the Cavs

Shooting Guards:
Redick 1 year 23 million with the 76ers
Galloway 3 years 21 million with the Pistons

Small Forward:
Iguodala 3 years, 48 million with the Warriors
Ingles re-signs with Jazz for 4 years, 52 million
Tucker signs with the Rockets 4 years, 32 million

Power Forward:
Ibaka re-signs with Raptors for 3 years, 65 million
Gibson signs with the T-Wolves for 2 years, 28 million

Last edited:
PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Lowry => Raptors 100M
Milsap => Denver 90M
Korver => Cavs 23M

Cavs deal to send Shump to Houston off table as Houston got PJ Tucker.
Cavs still in talks with Z. Randolf
Might get a decision tomorrow about G.Haywood
O. Potter got $100M offer sheet from Sacramento to meet with Nets tomorrow he is restricted so Wizards can match if they want to keep him.
Rumors circulating around Jae Crowder being traded if Celtics win the Haywood sweepstakes.
D. Gallinari is maybe headed to Clip City they looking for a third team to facilitate sign and trade they don't have cap to sign him.
No news on D. Rose or NYK other than NYK resigned Ron Maker and only got that one cause he tweeted the news out himself lol

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Interesting stat going to throw out it was just ridiculous whe I saw it.
Below is the salary projections for GSW for the next 4 years with their luxury tax.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 39
99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Durant resigns takes way less then he should have 2yr 53 mil my favorite baller staying put and i dont see any team taking down the warriors next season ,just to deep and can play multiple styles to beat teams .Happy my favorite team the Raptors will be in the mix again in the East too

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Point Guard:
Lowry re-signs with Raps 3 yrs. 100 mil
Collison to the Pacers 2 yrs, 20 mil

Shooting Guard:
Meeks to the Wiz for 2 yrs, 7 mil
McLemore to the Grizz for 2 years, 10.7 mil

Power Forward:
Durant re-signs with the Dubs for 2 years, 53 mil
Millsap 3 years, 90 mil to the Nuggets
Gallinari 3 years 65 mil to the Clips in a sign-and-trade

Center:
Nene to the Rockets for 3 yrs, 11 mil

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
George Hill to the Kings for 3 years, 57 million

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
East looks wide open for playoff spots Cavs still clearly favorites Boston will be 2nd favorites if they can sign Haywood but if they don't get him them Toronto and Wizards will be fighting for the second spot.

After those 4 is anyone's guess.

Who's your guys guess for next 4 playoff teams in East? Mine is Bucks, Hornets, Heat, Sixers.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kings also sign Zach Randoplph now... 2 years 24 million

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
East looks wide open for playoff spots Cavs still clearly favorites Boston will be 2nd favorites if they can sign Haywood but if they don't get him them Toronto and Wizards will be fighting for the second spot.

After those 4 is anyone's guess.

Who's your guys guess for next 4 playoff teams in East? Mine is Bucks, Hornets, Heat, Sixers.

I have the East at Cavs, Raps, Celts, Wiz, Bucks, Sixers, Pistons, Heat (if they re-sign Waiters). Hornets take the Heat's 8th seed if they can't re-sign Waiters.

Still a lot of chips to fall but if the Heat lose Waiters, which is likely, I don't think they make it.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the West that becomes super interesting now... I have no idea how the West pans out.

Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Jazz w/Hayward (miss playoffs if they don't re-sign him), T-Wolves, Thunder, Nuggets, Clippers... Kings, Portland, New Orleans and Memphis just miss out.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well... let me revise Boston up to 2nd on my standings and the Jazz out of the playoffs on the other one as ESPN is reporting that Hayward is going to Boston